• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Political Compass 2020

á´…eparted

passages
[Revised] Political Ideology Tests 2020

So, most political compass tests aren't so good because it its really difficult to pin ideology and morality on just two variables, and several more variables is (unfortunately) impossible to visualize. As such I have dug up a two better political ideology/morality and tests in addition to the classic one (below the line) that everyone knows. Perhaps these might be more informative.

PolitiScales - Somewhat long (117 questions) and there's some loaded questions and they could stand for some improvement, but overall they are good. The results pit 8 dichotomies and there is an additional measure for how undecided you are in each of these axis's. The results are a bit pithy but rather informative.

ɪSideWith 2020 - Sadly very US centric and scales you to the relative views of politicans currently running for office. This asks many specific issue questions, you can answer as many or as few as you want, it allows for you to choose more nuanced answers if the common available ones don't capture your opinions, and it lets you scale how important a given issue is for you. The test can get VERY long. It tells you which US political parties and politicians you most align with.

These two together should cover a lot of ground.

Below was the original post:
---------------------------------------
The Political Compass

This specific test has been around for like, 2 decades now, and hasn't changed a bit. One could argue there are far better tests/measures out there than this, but it's the one everyone uses and knows.

The world has changed significantly in recent years, and as a consequence, so have peoples views. As such, I thought I would make a thread for this in the context of our current/modern political world.

Take the test, and post/share your results.

Last edited:

á´…eparted

passages
The downside of 4k monitors is you have to do resizing on any sort of screenshot image or it becomes enormous. Hopefully this is a more reasonable size.

NlAK4tc.png

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Economic Left: -2.5
Social Libertarian: -4.77

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

EUYzLPiX0AAXcMX

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Economic left/right: -6.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

(i.e., close to middle of the green square)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
This test is way biased to the left. Really, Falcarius is somewhere between the social democracy of the Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, ect) and social liberalism of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands ect) countries. Hence, Falcarius should be like dead in the center. Falcarius finds most European social democratic parties too meek in terms of social justice and most social-democratic parties are top-down nanny state control freaks

Falcarius' results:
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.9

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
chart

Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Economic Left/Right: -2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

chart

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This test is way biased to the left.

Correct.

On the other hand already the question number one is problematic:

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

Since it isn't inevitable. Right from the start they try to nudge you into a box.
Also what if I want it to serve just my expansionistic government that negates private based economy ? (you removed the most left option right in the start)

Also
There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment.

Is very Americanized question.
Plus if you want the major mess in the west you would want this to stay like this regardless of what are your political positions.

Etc.

Therefore there are some serious problems with this test.

Last edited:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive actually drifted more left over the last year. Two above my original score in 2008.

LZKDZzk.jpg

Last edited:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Economic Left/Right: 3.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

chart

I've have some questions of my own. Like that "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" question. In what way are they correlating that with right-left/libertarian-authoritarian? In it's original context it basically meant that punishment had to be directly proportional to the crime and that if your neighbor stole you ox you were not allowed to retaliate by murdering his children. So it was fairly progressive for the time. IIRC George Carlin said "It's not punitive; it's mitigatory."

And I didn't quite get the thing about the advantage of a one-party state. It might be advantageous of you're the person in charge, but I still think it's a bad idea.

The questions are simply relatively simplistic and that implies errors all over the map. My government a few years ago took control over about 20% worth of GDP with a emergency law. What was in the situation with very complex circumstances but the public was basically *crickets* over that. Therefore I have a hard time believing that this forum and many others are full of extreme left as the numbers are suggesting. Plus in my book you can't be really hardcore left and hardcore libertarian. Because if you undo the government how will people interact with each other if there is no market, what is far left position. You can mix these two but you can't have both at max.

Therefore there are some serious problems with this test.
Apparently far bottom left would correspond with anarcho-syndicalists/anarcho-communists. :thinking: :shrug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Apparently far bottom left would correspond with anarcho-syndicalists/anarcho-communists. :thinking: :shrug:

I know, but for me these are the terms that are at least somewhat contradictory.
This duo can perhaps work until point that is around -7,-7 on the graph at max, but further than that the numbers just don't add up. Since that basically means ending both the market and the government. However in the mess that is likely to arise from this very quickly you will get some kind of a market that will make sure you are no longer in the far left zone. Or perhaps it can happen less likely scenario that someone would start to gather scattered people into some kind of structured far left government, but that kills the libertarian element. Extreme left and extreme libertarian simply can't work with one another, one has to take a back seat. If we ban private property and then we ban the government completely or almost completely who will make sure there is no private property ? In that case pretty much everything will be a private property and that is no longer extreme left environment.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This test is way biased to the left. Really, Falcarius is somewhere between the social democracy of the Nordic countries (Norway, Sweden, ect) and social liberalism of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands ect) countries. Hence, Falcarius should be like dead in the center. Falcarius finds most European social democratic parties too meek in terms of social justice and most social-democratic parties are top-down nanny state control freaks
I'm still the only one anywhere on the right. I guess that goes to show what a maniac I am. :D :wizfreak: