• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Political Compass 2020

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
chart

Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

chart

Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
compass.jpg

not much has changed since I took it last. XD

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

chart

I don't have my old results, but I used to be farther in the right and a bit more "libertarian."

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Economic Left/Right: -8.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

chart

These days openness about sex has gone too far.
Agree

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I took two versions, the classic Political Compass and the political compass test from IDRLABS:

View attachment 22795

View attachment 22796

I think that the questions on economics in the classic Political Compass are a bit loaded than in the other one.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took Politiscales earlier this year before the site went dead. It's a long test and I did not feel like taking it again even assuming the other site's is the same (it claims to be slightly modified). These are my results.

PolitiScales_Results.png

I am not taking the political compass again because it's crap.

Maybe I'll take that Iside thing, I don't know.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Magic Sponge! I could have sworn I saw a post where you said you were leaving. I'm glad you're still around! :D

I don't remember exactly where I landed before, but I just took the quiz again:

View attachment 22854

Because I did, like a year and a half or two years ago. Only decided to poke my head in here a couple weeks earlier. Only vaguely around.

Somewhat surprised to see you myself. I don't think you were active here when I left, but maybe I'm mistaken.

side note *gasp* someone calls him a magic sponge too.

Well, I am a magic poriferan, not a science cnidarian.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Because I did, like a year and a half or two years ago. Only decided to poke my head in here a couple weeks earlier. Only vaguely around.

Somewhat surprised to see you myself. I don't think you were active here when I left, but maybe I'm mistaken.
I'm glad you decided to poke your head back in here.

Aside from a brief period around 2013/2014, I haven't been active in about 10 years. Very few people I used to know are active anymore, so I get excited whenever I see one. Expect to see me around more often, at least while this pandemic going on. The political board seems really tame. I'm quite a bit softer than I used to be, but I'm thinking about livening things up. All in good fun, of course! :devil:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, I am a magic poriferan, not a science cnidarian.

but I made it my own

SPONGYYYYY :hug::hug::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::hug::hug::hug:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm glad you decided to poke your head back in here.

Aside from a brief period around 2013/2014, I haven't been active in about 10 years. Very few people I used to know are active anymore, so I get excited whenever I see one. Expect to see me around more often, at least while this pandemic going on. The political board seems really tame. I'm quite a bit softer than I used to be, but I'm thinking about livening things up. All in good fun, of course! :devil:
We closed the Politics subforum altogether several years ago because the vitriol, baiting, and personal attacks were crowding out any semblance of substantive discussion. I don't know what your definition of "tame" is, but that subforum has remained calmer since its reopening, even during the recent contentious election process. We intend for it to stay that way. There is no opinion that cannot be expressed with civility and respect.

Oh, and welcome back.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
We closed the Politics subforum altogether several years ago because the vitriol, baiting, and personal attacks were crowding out any semblance of substantive discussion. I don't know what your definition of "tame" is, but that subforum has remained calmer since its reopening, even during the recent contentious election process. We intend for it to stay that way. There is no opinion that cannot be expressed with civility and respect.

Oh, and welcome back.
Good to see you Coriolis! I wasn't around when the subforum was shut down, but I'm well aware that I contributed to the vitriol back in the day. I'm softer these days, but still a contrarian.

I haven't seen much of a diversity of opinion, very little disagreement. It's sort of like a monoculture. Maybe that's because the election and the pandemic dominate the news? I guess I'll find out at some point.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good to see you Coriolis! I wasn't around when the subforum was shut down, but I'm well aware that I contributed to the vitriol back in the day. I'm softer these days, but still a contrarian.

I haven't seen much of a diversity of opinion, very little disagreement. It's sort of like a monoculture. Maybe that's because the election and the pandemic dominate the news? I guess I'll find out at some point.

I think reconcilable political disagreement is increasingly scarce in the political climate at large. So communities that field political disagreement are unstable, and stabilizing into homogeneous sub-cultural sites become more and more the norm.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yes, COVID and the US election have been dominant topics, though there is considerable diversity of opinion on both of these. It is quite possible to be contrarian without being obnoxious. You still may not convince others, but you are much more likely to get them to consider your position seriously and at least learn from it. This article by Cindy McCain and Heidi Heitcamp says it well.

We can draw inspiration from President Abraham Lincoln's famous call for "malice toward none; with charity for all; ... to do all which may achieve and cherish a just, and lasting peace, among ourselves" as we strive to connect with each other. Effectively reaching out to and listening to people who disagree is not as far-fetched as it may sound. In a study conducted last year—dubbed "America in One Room"—researchers assembled representative voters for four days and asked them to simply talk politely to each other about politics. While minds were not changed overnight, participants felt warmer toward those on the other side, seeing them as friends with whom they happen to disagree.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, COVID and the US election have been dominant topics, though there is considerable diversity of opinion on both of these. It is quite possible to be contrarian without being obnoxious. You still may not convince others, but you are much more likely to get them to consider your position seriously and at least learn from it. This article by Cindy McCain and Heidi Heitcamp says it well.

That might work if the other side wasn't in a cult. I don't think you can get people out of a cult through facts and logic. Probably need something feelier.