• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What was my voting record contributing to any discussion? Not a fucking thing. Clean up your act.

I think people have a right to know that you're not a leftist hero just because you voted for Biden.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most Americans are disenfranchised, whether they know it or not. And you have people that are in those same circumstances, standing up to cheerlead for the politics and policies that caused it, both parties that caused it and, my favorite part, become apologists for the motherfucking tiny amount of people who aren't. That pay to make sure they never become disenfranchised, because it can happen easily. But, yanno, Bernie is crazy and radical. lol

EvvvuoPVcAAmDne

Pretty much this. The Venn diagram seems to be pretty accurate from my observation. I fully expect Biden to embrace the anti-vaping stuff I don't care about. The fact that Mitt Romney supports it is even better because it can be a beautiful example of bipartisanship that Biden loves so much, because he still thinks it's 1992.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you are fine with modern liberalism basically now meaning that you are essentially a Bush era-Republican (except for the LGBT stuff), more power to you. Personally, I can't stomach the thought. To me that's a pretty weird way to react to Donald Trump, and probably a really great way to lose politically (even the Republicans were done with being Bush era Republicans, which was why they didn't pick Jeb).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This article from The New Republic is pretty good:

The John Birch Society Never Left:
Why it’s foolish to think the modern GOP will ever break with its lunatic fringe

This is why Trumpism is not a reversion to an older, more gothic form of conservatism but an apotheosis decades in the making. Trump may have been our country’s first post-truth president. But the post-truth environment of conspiracy we are living in today has been a long time coming. We owe it in part to the truth-optional habits on the right that Robert Welch and the Birch Society exemplified—and in part to the same Republican elites who were complicit every step of the way.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People have a lot of weird ideas about what I believe that don't even reflect things I've actually written, which is ironically what they accuse me of.

Like, I don't think I've once used the word "woke" to describe myself. The time period for when that label could have actually applied to me was before that term was even in widespread usage.

Jaguar

This is America. Act like it. If you want an elected official to leave, you vote them out. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most Americans are disenfranchised, whether they know it or not. And you have people that are in those same circumstances, standing up to cheerlead for the politics and policies that caused it, both parties that caused it and, my favorite part, become apologists for the motherfucking tiny amount of people who aren't. That pay to make sure they never become disenfranchised, because it can happen easily. But, yanno, Bernie is crazy and radical. lol

EvvvuoPVcAAmDne

Sadly, this seems seems to be the feature instead of a bug. Our political climate is little more than combating sports teams, with people often lacking the critical thinking capacity to do their own due diligence and instead just parrot the talking points of their respective media propaganda source. As long as the poor people are too involved with their petty squabbles over minor issues, nobody notices that both parties are being funded largely the same sources to serve the same ultimate agenda of stimeing progress.