• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The management of Conavirus (discussion)

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It so blatantly is.

I'm not familiar with this source (David Frum tweeted it), and I've been waiting to hear from sources I trust more about this, but I'll post this as a sort of bookmark about a disproportionate amount of the relief for businesses ending up in red territory: Where Have the Paycheck Protection Loans Gone So Far?

Yeah he's certainly helped out his favorite people and places.

The largest recipient of aid from the Paycheck Protection Program ($126 million) - a hotel conglomerate controlled by a Trump campaign donor, Monty Bennett, a Dallas billionaire who gave $50,000 to Trump’s fundraising committee last month.

https://usa-today-news.com/news/hot...ans-says-it-has-no-plans-to-return-the-money/

There are several other sources for this article, some behind a paywall, which is why I posted this one.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I have seen this pandemic has proven that countries that can focus their population on a goal tend to be much more resistant to this kind of a problem. Even public debt, personal wealth of locals, democracy levels, various cultural details, race etc. aren't that big of a impact as having mindset and perhaps the means for collective effort against the problem everyone shares. What is something you can't really buy when you need it, this is something you must build on your own.

Btw. at current rate we here should become corona free country in about 2 weeks (today we fell bellow 400 active known cases). However last cases will probably be "stragglers" that will last weeks longer since it is hard to hunt this down to the last person. Because the closer you get to 0 the recovery rate is slower. But all what was done proves that the pandemic can be beaten with good organization alone, however for that you need both people and the government/politics that are on the level. The country surrendered itself to the doctors and everything was done right from the start, since no one else has the competence to define how the people should play their cards in this "game". In other words if you don't know the rules and patterns of the game or you ignore them you will lose the game almost surely. Medicine FTW I guess.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So is it true blue states want to perpetuate lockdown, to put more people on welfare to crash the economy, while red states want to open up sooner, to save the economy?

Why are blue ststes so fucking shit at handling Corona? Intentional? Probably not. Incompetence due to their own policies? Probably.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So is it true blue states want to perpetuate lockdown, to put more people on welfare to crash the economy, while red states want to open up sooner, to save the economy?

Why are blue ststes so fucking shit at handling Corona? Intentional? Probably not. Incompetence due to their own policies? Probably.

(late) Day drinking again?