• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus Rant Thread

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I wasn't sure where to post this. Since it's not really a rant, but I don't want to pollute the forum witch Corona related stuff. I thought this was an interesting article. It kinda relates to how I feel about the virus too.
https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0

A little preview/some parts I liked:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't sure where to post this. Since it's not really a rant, but I don't want to pollute the forum witch Corona related stuff. I thought this was an interesting article. It kinda relates to how I feel about the virus too.
https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for-the-ultimate-gaslighting-6a8ce3f0a0e0

A little preview/some parts I liked:

I've seen this article shared a bunch of times.

I thought it was going to be about Trump denying that his lack of action made the situation here so much worse than it could have been. Instead it was about the evils of advertising. I think whoever wrote it has never been through a trauma before. I didn't wait until now to think about my life. If this situation is allowing others more of a chance to think deeply about their lives, that's good. But I think the ultimate gaslighting is being told by the person whose job is your well-being that he's done it the best anyone could when he's actually caused more deaths.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I've seen this article shared a bunch of times.

I thought it was going to be about Trump denying that his lack of action made the situation here so much worse than it could have been. Instead it was about the evils of advertising. I think whoever wrote it has never been through a trauma before. I didn't wait until now to think about my life. If this situation is allowing others more of a chance to think deeply about their lives, that's good. But I think the ultimate gaslighting is being told by the person whose job is your well-being that he's done it the best anyone could when he's actually caused more deaths.

I think most people have thought about their life at least once. The article simply reminded me of a book I once read- though I ironically forgot the name of the book I do remember that they talked about modern society. How everything has to go 'fast' all the time. How people, especially children have to be entertained all day long. The inability to sit still (not literally in this case). We live in a state of (constant) mass consumption, mentally and physically. I agree with the article that it's not bad for the treadmill to stop once in a while. Doesn't mean this situation is perfect, but some people may definitely need this in order for them to be able to open their eyes. Though of course, this situation won't change anything for plenty of people. Not in the way they think, not in the way they behave. I am not even saying that this is going to change anything for me. But it's fun to fantasize about.

I am not sure if I am understanding your last sentence correctly. It's about Trump?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not sure if I am understanding your last sentence correctly. It's about Trump?

Yes. I'm sure some of my family members, for instance, will fall for his crap. It sickens me to have someone like this have so much power over lives and deaths and then, the cherry on top, people who will not only excuse him, but praise him.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just wanted to say "Fuck you" to the people reporting essential buisnesses for being open, and also complaining about things like complementary candy, and or being disgusted by the fact employees have to eat. Fuck you Karens.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wanted to say "Fuck you" to the people reporting essential buisnesses for being open, and also complaining about things like complementary candy, and or being disgusted by the fact employees have to eat. Fuck you Karens.

I think the issue may have more to do with such variantion state to state as to what is "essential" for instance, some say fast food joints are essential and others forced them to close.
I haven't reported anything though, but our order barely closed anything. XD

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
THE virus or not there is absolutely, ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, NOT A SINGLE ONE AT ALL to contract a virus, ANY VIRUS AT ALL, if you can avoid it and a lot of people don't seem to UNDERSTAND THAT.

WASH. YOUR DAMN. HANDS.
WEAR. YOUR DAMN. MASK.
TAKE. HEALTH. PRECAUTIONS.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
In L.A., we're fining businesses that posts an "Open" sign because you need a special permit to post signage in L.A. But if you have an employee holding an "Open" sign by the window, that's allowed.

Jaguar

Okay boys and girls, pay attention. Besides the 'black voices' sign in the air, what jumps out at you in this picture?

george-floyd-protests-small-towns.jpg

And what jumps out at you in this picture?

US lockdown protests may have spread virus widely, cellphone data suggests | US news | The Guardian

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Waiting inside car dealership for roommates car inspection. Only 2 other people have masks on. There's a family with 2 sick kids behind me. Like coughing sneezing super mucousy. No masks. Why the fuck didn't one of the parents stay home with them? If they don't have covid, they're at risk of getting it since their immune system is down from whatever respiratory infection they do have. It's too cold for me to wait outside, as in, my fingers and toes will get frostbitten. I feel aggravated and trapped in a box of disgusting idiots right now.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Omicron community transmission possible in Scotland, England

Cases identified in people who have not traveled to southern Africa.

What means that the variant is set loose and we probably can't detect every single case of exactly this variant. Especially if it is as fast spreading as they think it is.

My local media even said something that some positive people ran away from the airport in Netherlands. So the authorities had to chase them down.

So yeah, this will go South pretty quickly.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Our company is having a big meeting on the back dock in a few weeks. In the past meetings since COVID started, they did live virtual meetings via Teams where the CEO gave his updates and then took questions. For whatever reason, management is not doing this one virtually and they are making it mandatory for everyone to attend in person.

I already told HR I won't be attending, but would be happy to if they bring back the virtual option.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
COVID came into my wider family and it is after old people. So now it is up to the vaccine to do it's thing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is a weird feeling to watch humanity through this pandemic. It is absolutely vulnerable to pandemic because its thinking and behavior is so rigid. We can hope Omicron is less severe disease, but it makes no difference for large scale behavior. We now know definitively how humans will behave repeatedly when exposed to the threat of contagion. It doesn't matter what precaution is introduced: masks, vaccine, etc., since the reaction is unilateral rebellion. A virus of any level of severity could be introduced with any number of repetitions and humans will respond the same way every time. It is such an irony when we consider humans to be the most adaptable creature, because there is some sort of counterbalance of extreme rigidity that goes beyond other species. It will take time to sort it out in my mind philosophically.