User Tag List

First 789

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

I wasn't sure where to post this. Since it's not really a rant, but I don't want to pollute the forum witch Corona related stuff. I thought this was an interesting article. It kinda relates to how I feel about the virus too.
    https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for...g-6a8ce3f0a0e0

A little preview/some parts I liked:
    I Always Go Back To Me

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this. Since it's not really a rant, but I don't want to pollute the forum witch Corona related stuff. I thought this was an interesting article. It kinda relates to how I feel about the virus too.
    https://forge.medium.com/prepare-for...g-6a8ce3f0a0e0

A little preview/some parts I liked:
    I've seen this article shared a bunch of times.

I thought it was going to be about Trump denying that his lack of action made the situation here so much worse than it could have been. Instead it was about the evils of advertising. I think whoever wrote it has never been through a trauma before. I didn't wait until now to think about my life. If this situation is allowing others more of a chance to think deeply about their lives, that's good. But I think the ultimate gaslighting is being told by the person whose job is your well-being that he's done it the best anyone could when he's actually caused more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I've seen this article shared a bunch of times.

I thought it was going to be about Trump denying that his lack of action made the situation here so much worse than it could have been. Instead it was about the evils of advertising. I think whoever wrote it has never been through a trauma before. I didn't wait until now to think about my life. If this situation is allowing others more of a chance to think deeply about their lives, that's good. But I think the ultimate gaslighting is being told by the person whose job is your well-being that he's done it the best anyone could when he's actually caused more deaths.
    I think most people have thought about their life at least once. The article simply reminded me of a book I once read- though I ironically forgot the name of the book I do remember that they talked about modern society. How everything has to go 'fast' all the time. How people, especially children have to be entertained all day long. The inability to sit still (not literally in this case). We live in a state of (constant) mass consumption, mentally and physically. I agree with the article that it's not bad for the treadmill to stop once in a while. Doesn't mean this situation is perfect, but some people may definitely need this in order for them to be able to open their eyes. Though of course, this situation won't change anything for plenty of people. Not in the way they think, not in the way they behave. I am not even saying that this is going to change anything for me. But it's fun to fantasize about.

I am not sure if I am understanding your last sentence correctly. It's about Trump?
    I Always Go Back To Me

Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    I am not sure if I am understanding your last sentence correctly. It's about Trump?
    Yes. I'm sure some of my family members, for instance, will fall for his crap. It sickens me to have someone like this have so much power over lives and deaths and then, the cherry on top, people who will not only excuse him, but praise him.
    Likes ThisName liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Just wanted to say "Fuck you" to the people reporting essential buisnesses for being open, and also complaining about things like complementary candy, and or being disgusted by the fact employees have to eat. Fuck you Karens.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    Just wanted to say "Fuck you" to the people reporting essential buisnesses for being open, and also complaining about things like complementary candy, and or being disgusted by the fact employees have to eat. Fuck you Karens.
    I think the issue may have more to do with such variantion state to state as to what is "essential" for instance, some say fast food joints are essential and others forced them to close.
    I haven't reported anything though, but our order barely closed anything. XD
    Likes Maou liked this post