• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus Rant Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I actually agree with that. I think Trump is just ttying to drive home something is being done for a cure to keep morale up. People are getting pretty distraught, and there could easily be civil unrest if people think there is no hope at all.

So making up shit/lying. Totally on brand for Trump.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So making up shit/lying. Totally on brand for Trump.

He didn't make it up lol. He cited a study. He didn't lie, even if you disagree with the study. Why be so negativist?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He didn't make it up lol. He cited a study. He didn't lie, even if you disagree with the study. Why be so negativist?

Innnnteresting. So it is being negativist, now, to judge him for pushing this drug, and he's just trying to boost morale and be positive. What a fascinating spin.

á´…eparted

passages
He didn't make it up lol.

Semantics, because the result of his actions come together to be a lie. Besides, as I said previously, he lies all the time.

He cited a study.

Which is bullshit.

He didn't lie, even if you disagree with the study. Why be so negativist?

Because the effect of it is tangibly bad.

You have a complete lack of understanding on what misinformation is.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

He "cited" something he neither read nor understands about a drug he has a financial stake in. He, has you mention, is saying hey, we're getting closer to a vaccine/cure/magic. It's the best magic! You'll love it! to keep up moral. I not really criticizing the moral part although he's fair to poor at it. He's not talking to me anyway.

But the lying part is VERY on brand for Trump and of course there is no one to tell him to sit his lying ass down and shut the fuck up, except Dr. Fauci maybe. But he will likely be murdered soon by some QANon believer with a tank they got at a police auction.

Oh wait, before you tell me Dr. Fauci isn't getting death threats simply because you haven't heard about them...

Dr. Anthony Fauci forced to beef up security as death threats increase - CNNPolitics

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While there were good intentions behind this thread, its placement in the Fluff Zone and its Rant Thread designation may give an impression that’s it’s a place to let one’s hair down with information screening, as it is with emotions. I thought at first that maybe there’s a better place for the thread, but actually that’s not the true problem. The problem is the values and priorities of anyone who would get this impression. In fact, the thread placement is excellent for handily revealing them.

There are no free spaces from doing our best to physically look out for other humans, anywhere, even the fluffiest spaces. If this reminder makes anyone feel trapped, reflect on that.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While there were good intentions behind this thread, its placement in the Fluff Zone and its Rant Thread designation may give an impression that’s it’s a place to let one’s hair down with information screening, as it is with emotions. I thought at first that maybe there’s a better place for the thread, but actually that’s not the true problem. The problem is the values and priorities of anyone who would get this impression. In fact, the thread placement is excellent for handily revealing them.

There are no free spaces from doing our best to physically look out for other humans, anywhere, even the fluffiest spaces. If this reminder makes anyone feel trapped, reflect on that.

To clarify, you mean the problem is with anyone who would post anything whether or not it's true?

Also, I am quite sure the reason this is in the Fluff Zone is because the original Rant thread is also in the Fluff Zone.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To clarify, you mean the problem is with anyone who would post anything whether or not it's true?

Also, I am quite sure the reason this is in the Fluff Zone is because the original Rant thread is also in the Fluff Zone.
Yep - you got it. I think the categorization actually makes sense now that I have it a minute of thought, even though at first it was a worry. The value of seeking truth when big things are at stake transcends categorization.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Maou said:
Aka, your heart can be affected and it stops beating. It should not be used for outpatient at all for corona. One accidental misdose can be fatal. It has to be used in pair with other drugs as well to keep the heart beating properly.

Rheumatologists are the doctors who are expert with treatment using hydroxychloroquine. These are the doctors who treat Lupus patients. I saw a quote from one rheumatologist who said he's not seen a single patient die among the 2,000 or so patients he's treated with hydroxychloroquine. He thinks it's safe. The people who are saying it's very unsafe are not rheumatologists. I'll see if I can dig up the quote.

á´…eparted

passages
Rheumatologists are the doctors who are expert with treatment using hydroxychloroquine. These are the doctors who treat Lupus patients. I saw a quote from one rheumatologist who said he's not seen a single patient die among the 2,000 or so patients he's treated with hydroxychloroquine. He thinks it's safe. The people who are saying it's very unsafe are not rheumatologists. I'll see if I can dig up the quote.

You are talking about a drug in the context of its intended use (one of them). It is misleading to say this in the context of the coronavirus where it is NOT to be used for treatment, as it leads people to assume it is safe in all uses- it's not.

I am quite sure the reason this is in the Fluff Zone is because the original Rant thread is also in the Fluff Zone.

And yet we all knew what this thread would degenerate into. Is this not a spillover from the political section? I thought the mods were trying to mitigate that? Throwing Rant into a title hardly makes it a qualifier for The Fluff Zone. We could rename the entire politics sub forum Political Ideology Rant Zone.

Here’s a little equation- Coronavirus + rant = yet another thread bitching about Trump. It’s unavoidable around here. Thus this thread belongs in the political section.

This is The Fluff Zone. Does the sub forum title not suggest a certain level of escapism? Does anyone fucking remember escapism? Where we get away from the baggage of our daily lives? No wonder entertainment sucks now. Ffs, I wonder why I’m trying to spend so little time here nowadays. I also ponder why 90% of the new members we attract are in fact dupes. It’s a genuine fucking mystery for the ages.

Jaguar

If you can't understand what this Mayo Cardiologist is saying, hit yourself over the head with a baseball bat. Maybe it will knock some sense into you.

Ackerman said there are as many as 100 FDA-approved medications that can potentially prolong the QTc interval like hydroxychloroquine, and one of them is azithromycin. This combination, which Ackerman refers to as the “corona cocktail,” could be particularly dangerous in the wrong patient.

Inexcusable to ignore hydroxychloroquine side effects.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And yet we all knew what this thread would degenerate into. Is this not a spillover from the political section? I thought the mods were trying to mitigate that? Throwing Rant into a title hardly makes it a qualifier for The Fluff Zone. We could rename the entire politics sub forum Political Ideology Rant Zone.

Here’s a little equation- Coronavirus + rant = yet another thread bitching about Trump. It’s unavoidable around here. Thus this thread belongs in the political section.

This is The Fluff Zone. Does the sub forum title not suggest a certain level of escapism? Does anyone fucking remember escapism? Where we get away from the baggage of our daily lives? No wonder entertainment sucks now. Ffs, I wonder why I’m trying to spend so little time here nowadays. I also ponder why 90% of the new members we attract are in fact dupes. It’s a genuine fucking mystery for the ages.

:shrug:

I dunno. Would any coronavirus thread be appropriate for the Fluff Zone? Maybe a meme thread? That could be fun, though it would still be depressing.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That is why I said its plausible with doctor supervision, but not outpatients.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are talking about a drug in the context of its intended use (one of them). It is misleading to say this in the context of the coronavirus where it is NOT to be used for treatment, as it leads people to assume it is safe in all uses- it's not.

Context doesn't make it safe or unsafe. As what is safe, means it can enter the body without killing you, regardless of what it is treating. With the proper procedures that is.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
This is even better:

Hydroxychloroquine usage in US patients, their experiences of tolerability and adherence, and implications for treatment: survey results from 3127 patients with SLE conducted by the Lupus Foundation of America

Patients were asked what unwanted symptoms, which they attributed to HCQ, had been reported to their doctor. Of 2783 who responded, 15% had reported a range of unwanted symptoms. This was similar across all daily doses of HCQ (200 mg/day: 16%; 300 mg/day: 15%; 400 mg/day: 13%). Fifty-six per cent of the 2783 patients responding had experienced GI problems which they attributed to HCQ (table 1).

No mention of heart complications or any major problems.

Here's another one:

Plaquenil: From Malaria Treatment to Managing Lupus, RA

Luckily, Dr. Malawista was able to convince our patient to take the prescription. After three months, it worked; her rash and inflammatory arthritis resolved. She didn’t go blind. Actually, over the ensuing 31 years, none of my patients have suffered visual loss on Plaquenil. That is a wonderful story in itself: How many of our medications have stood the test of time as effective medications and are safer than originally believed?

31 years of practice and prescribing hydroxychloroquine and not a single patient suffered visual loss according to this doctor.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If my mother runs out of this drug that SHE NEEDS, there will be hell to pay.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Maou said:
That is why I said its plausible with doctor supervision, but not outpatients.

Are Lupus patients supervised in a hospital or clinical setting when they're taking the drug? I don't think so.