• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus Rant Thread

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, it needs studied more. I was just explaining how it would be implimented, if at all because of the risks involved with it. There is a lot of mixed data out there, but I think it's potential should be examined thoroughly. I agree it is nowhere near official treatment levels, and no one should be taking this shit on a whim without a doctor perscription. I do however, support people's right to try a drug with the help of a doctor, even if it is experimental.

á´…eparted

passages
Yeah, it needs studied more. I was just explaining how it would be implimented, if at all because of the risks involved with it. There is a lot of mixed data out there, but I think it's potential should be examined thoroughly. I agree it is nowhere near official treatment levels, and no one should be taking this shit on a whim without a doctor perscription. I do however, support people's right to try a drug with the help of a doctor, even if it is experimental.

...it has very little potential, if any. That is very evident if you read the last two articles I linked. As far as I am concerned (and I have a PhD in organic chemistry so I am no schmuck on this), this is a waste of time. There are other research persuits that have more promise than this.

Also, you supporting someones right to "try" a drug is misguided in this context. This is not a drug that should be "experimented" with. There are criterion that need to be met before that can be ethically done. This does not meet that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don’t lay down. Breathe deep, even though it will hurt like hell.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...it has very little potential, if any. That is very evident if you read the last two articles I linked. As far as I am concerned (and I have a PhD in organic chemistry so I am no schmuck on this), this is a waste of time. There are other research persuits that have more promise than this.

Also, you supporting someones right to "try" a drug is misguided in this context. This is not a drug that should be "experimented" with. There are criterion that need to be met before that can be ethically done. This does not meet that.

Well yeah, I agree.

Also people take this for lupus, and arthritus all the time. The drug has been in circulation for years. A lot of drugs are potentially fatal, and dangerous with misguided use. So I don't think the reaction the populace is having is appropriate to the threat. All because of the media's fear mongering over Trump announcing it as a hopeful possibility, did it blow out of proportion. That is the real crime to be honest. I mean, the task force is suppose to inform people on information and possibility on things in the future.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well yeah, I agree.

Also people take this for lupus, and arthritus all the time. The drug has been in circulation for years. A lot of drugs are potentially fatal, and dangerous with misguided use. So I don't think the reaction the populace is having is appropriate to the threat. All because of the media's fear mongering over Trump announcing it as a hopeful possibility, did it blow out of proportion. That is the real crime to be honest. I mean, the task force is suppose to inform people on information and possibility on things in the future.

Why is it inappropriate for the media to continue highlighting this when Trump continues to mention it? Your statement might fly if Trump had mentioned it just once as doing his duty of 'informing people on information and possibility', but him repeatedly mentioning it destroys this argument or any act of good faith/ 'purely giving the information'.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is it inappropriate for the media to continue highlighting this when Trump continues to mention it? Your statement might fly if Trump had mentioned it just once as doing his duty of 'informing people on information and possibility', but him repeatedly mentioning it destroys this argument or any act of good faith/ 'purely giving the information'.

Because the job of the taskforce is to inform. There is more testing being done. As of right now, there is no cure for Corona. I think it's okay to inform people of experimental drugs that have anecdotal evidence. It won't be fatal under doctor supervision. For the worse cases, it would be better to gamble, then die from Corona anyways right? I support people's right to try, even if it doesn't work for Corona.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because the job of the taskforce is to inform. There is more testing being done. As of right now, there is no cure for Corona. I think it's okay to inform people of experimental drugs that have anecdotal evidence. It won't be fatal under doctor supervision. For the worse cases, it would be better to gamble, then die from Corona anyways right? I support people's right to try, even if it doesn't work for Corona.

Like I said, Trump 'informed' and only needed to 'inform' once. Beyond that, it's pushing. And he has no business pushing anything, particularly when the far more informed person on his 'task force', Fauci, is the one who should be speaking on any medical front.

á´…eparted

passages
Well yeah, I agree.

You clearly don't. See below as to why.

Why did you even write this? If you agreed it would end there, but you still had to find a way frame this as "it's not so bad", hence completely missing the point and demonstrating you don't get it.

So, remember how in another thread I explained how one of your posts was disinformation, and it was largely due to minimization? That theme fits here too. This is the pattern with you: Someone pushes back against your views on some issue. If you pull back, you claim to agree, but circle around to saying how it really isn't a big deal anyway, and people are over-reacting / being mean to Trump. You ultimately seem to always circle back to defending Trump. People are not blowing this out of proportion, and in fact Trump is one of the (if not THE) key reasons the pandemic is so bad in the first place.

In what ways it it bad?

Hospitals being overwhelmed - Coronavirus cases are overwhelming Brooklyn's VA hospital, nurses say
Trump withholding aid - After demanding praise, Trump finally approves coronavirus aid for Michigan | News Hits
Trump removing an oversight board - Trump removes independent watchdog for coronavirus funds, upending oversight panel - POLITICO
Trump long term lying about the virus - Trump Says ‘Nobody’ Knew Pandemic Was Coming. His Adviser Warned Of It In January. | HuffPost
Firing a Navy captain for trying to save his team's lives - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ary-fired-then-insulted-navy-hero-he-must-go/
Trump has stake in the drug he is pushing - Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report | HuffPost
Trump delegating to incompetent unqualified people - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...irus-task-force-revealing-dangers-ncna1176511

Trump has an EXTENSIVE track record of lying about almost everything. He is emphatically not to be trusted, with anything. There is literal precedent as to why everything comes under scrutinity

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like I said, Trump 'informed' and only needed to 'inform' once. Beyond that, it's pushing. And he has no business pushing anything, particularly when the far more informed person on his 'task force', Fauci, is the one who should be speaking on any medical front.

I actually agree with that. I think Trump is just ttying to drive home something is being done for a cure to keep morale up. People are getting pretty distraught, and there could easily be civil unrest if people think there is no hope at all.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You clearly don't. See below as to why.
Why did you even write this? If you agreed it would end there, but you still had to find a way frame this as "it's not so bad", hence completely missing the point and demonstrating you don't get it.

So, remember how in another thread I explained how one of your posts was disinformation, and it was largely due to minimization? That theme fits here too. This is the pattern with you: Someone pushes back against your views on some issue. If you pull back, you claim to agree, but circle around to saying how it really isn't a big deal anyway, and people are over-reacting / being mean to Trump. You ultimately seem to always circle back to defending Trump. People are not blowing this out of proportion, and in fact Trump is one of the (if not THE) key reasons the pandemic is so bad in the first place.

In what ways it it bad?

Hospitals being overwhelmed - Coronavirus cases are overwhelming Brooklyn's VA hospital, nurses say
Trump withholding aid - After demanding praise, Trump finally approves coronavirus aid for Michigan | News Hits
Trump removing an oversight board - Trump removes independent watchdog for coronavirus funds, upending oversight panel - POLITICO
Trump long term lying about the virus - Trump Says ‘Nobody’ Knew Pandemic Was Coming. His Adviser Warned Of It In January. | HuffPost
Firing a Navy captain for trying to save his team's lives - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ary-fired-then-insulted-navy-hero-he-must-go/
Trump has stake in the drug he is pushing - Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report | HuffPost
Trump delegating to incompetent unqualified people - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...irus-task-force-revealing-dangers-ncna1176511

Trump has an EXTENSIVE track record of lying about almost everything. He is emphatically not to be trusted, with anything. There is literal precedent as to why everything comes under scrutinity
It wouldn't end there, because it is an evolving situation. Things are never cut and dry.

You said it was disinfo, but never explained why. I am trying to shed light on how false interpretation and misleading information is prominent in the media, against Trump. It is intertwined, and there is far too much semantic nitpicking. With enough of that, anything can be twisted into a lie.

It isn't a big deal. The media just wants to make money on the controversy by blowing it out of proportion. I am putting things into perspective, because I feel Trump is treated very unfairly.

Lets debunk these articles in a few sentences, because it doesn't even matter what I say at this point to you.

1) Trump isn't responsible for how the states handle the issue. He said early on that the Federal government wasn't going to take control (Martial law, etc).

2) This is a misrepresentation and a quite taken once again, out of context and is false. Also clickbait.

3)Pure fluff, and nothing of substance.

4) Semanics, and without context. There is a difference between recognizing s virus, and one that is a pandemic. Even the WHO hesitated to call it a pandemic at first. Not to mention, USA was in the middle of impeachment at the time.

5)What does the Navy's actions have to do with Trump, also paywall. I find this sad too. But I am sure there are things we don't know, because confidential.

6)It's is not uncommon for people to invest in stocks. Doctors invest in drugs all the time. This is the twisting of perspective of something that is a normal occurence. If it happened at all.

7)Trump has dealt with "whistleblowers" and betrayal since he got into office. He is working with what he has got. Its a time of crisis, and trust is important.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually agree with that. I think Trump is just ttying to drive home something is being done for a cure to keep morale up. People are getting pretty distraught, and there could easily be civil unrest if people think there is no hope at all.

I'm not sure you do agree based on how many of your various posts contradict one another, but, I will comment on your 'keeping morale up' statement.

Trump should not be given a pass by pushing this and similar things as 'keeping morale up': the only people whose morale is being kept up are people who would believe that this possible 'cure' is more than it is. In that sense it is completely irresponsible and he deserves to be hounded by the media about it. It's rather sad if a leader is having to resort to 'keeping morale up' by trying to peddle a drug irresponsibly.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it IS. If this is how you feel then there is no point in discussing any of this with you.

You are part of the problem.

Sure thing buddy. Watch this be a non-story next month.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure you do agree based on how many of your various posts contradict one another, but, I will comment on your 'keeping morale up' statement.

Trump should not be given a pass by pushing this and similar things as 'keeping morale up': the only people whose morale is being kept up are people who would believe that this possible 'cure' is more than it is. In that sense it is completely irresponsible and he deserves to be hounded by the media about it. It's rather sad if a leader is having to resort to 'keeping morale up' by trying to peddle a drug irresponsibly.

What is contradicting? Perhaps I can clarify. I am not skilled in explaining myself. Quite bad at it actually. I agree Trump shouldn't be addressing the nation about Corona apart from what is going on. I am talking from multiple perspectives as well. Some were from what is happening and why in reality, and another from why Trump shouldn't be addressing x, y, and z. And leaving it to Fauci.

It is a leader's responsibility to keep up morale no? And there is anecdotal evidence it works. So it isn't entirely baseless hope. If you are gonna die anyways, might as well try. It can be seen as irresponsible yes. It is common in politics to say irresponsible statements.

I don't think "hounding" is going to help, especially in regards to Trump. We can both agree he revels in the media attention. It would only push his statements higher. If the media cared about people's health, they'd stop reporting on it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...meanwhile, thousands of people are dying...

I really hope you'll enjoy living under a dictatorship.

You're quite dramatic.

EU2nV1SXYAE5Mdl.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I am. For good reason.

Don't worry, Trump has been burning the constitution for you for years.

Not like you understand what it means or stands for anyway.

Do yourself a favor, and quit talking about politics on a backwoods forum before you give yourself an aneurysm trying to understand a high IQ individual such as myself.