• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, it is really just playing three-dimensional chess...

Nice try, but at least Trump's debates were interesting. Democratic debates is just the media stopping Biden looking like an escaped mental patient the best they can. All while Sanders lets them do it, because he is either a coward, or a bought puppet who isn't getting the nomination and knows it.

Also didn't Illinois just get caught cheating at the election?

Jaguar

What do you expect when a couple of emotionally unstable lunatics suddenly shout "fire" right before the primaries - normal turnout?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is Europe ready for a Democratic US president?

This is often on my mind. Because win for a democrat would reset relations across Atlantic, while USA needs EU to gain advantage over Russia and China.

Also it would be interesting to see how anti-democratic forces in Europe will take this. Since a lot of structures will be roasted in the case that Transatlantic relations are restored.

Tomb1

Dummy trump is now supposed to lose the general election...his delay in action and denial-of-reality probably resulted from him prioritizing economy over the public health...a major no-no. Whether Trump loses or not is another story but Trump's delay-to-act will give Biden a lot of ammunition to bang Trump over the head with. Dummy trump can cry "fake news" to try and cover up his bungling, but video/audio footage and tweets speak for itself...media certainly has enough rope to hang him with. Dummy Trump is gonna have a hard time huckstering his way out of this one.

Tomb1

Neither Biden nor Trump can win by getting into a pissing contest with each other over scandals, indiscretions, etc. Trump has enough on Biden to offset Biden in that area and vice-versa. Biden can only win if he presents a clear alternative to Trump in terms of substantive policy and doesn't fall into the Romney-trap of trying to mirror the incumbent's policy positions.

Fortunately, for Biden, Trump's handling of the Coronavirus has opened up a major political vulnerability for Trump. Treasure troves of stuff in there for Biden and CPACs to dig into and build up momentum around going into the election (Trump is already sending around Cease and Desist letters to Biden's CPACs)....

Just highlighting the fact that Trump was downplaying COVID-19 on an around the 26th of February, 2020 isn't enough, though. Biden, et al., needs to show the American people that, at least as early as February 9, 2020, there was well-established research on COVID-19 publicly available for review by Trump and his team of experts which showed COVID-19's rapid transmission rate, 14-day incubation period, and capacity to spread by and through asymptomatic patients (aka "super-spreaders"). That way Trump has no outs.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
BvA6NgK.png

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're going to hear a lot about norms over the next seven months. You heard it here first, folks.

Also, did you know that those 8 years when Joe was VP were the best years in the history of time?

á´…eparted

passages
#NeverBidenNeverTrump is trending on twitter, and looking at people commenting it seems like a significant number of them are real, and these folks are just pissed off, defeated, and are essentially giving up. While it is still early and it's only twitter (with a 13k trend count that is hardly a significant data point), it does confirm what many people were saying that Biden is going to just turn off a ton of voters and likely really reduce voter turnout. Things could change going forward, but with everything that is happening with the pandemic it seems pretty likely that voter turnout is going to be low overall, and the left is generally going to feel so defeated and burnout that they will turn out in significantly less numbers. In otherwords, Trump (regardless of popularity in poll samples) really does look positioned to win largely because of a potential low voter turnout and an embittered and blurred left.

I am not hopeful, but I do hope in the coming months the left can get through to people (once they have had a month to calm down and settle on the fact that Biden is who is up against trump) to understand that we MUST vote for Biden, that it truly doesn't matter who is running against trump. He absolutely uequivically must be voted out no matter what. Another 4 years of him will result in the long term (if not permanent) destruction of this country. Is it a good message? No, but it IS the reality we face, and it's what we have to do for our survival.

10 years from now we might see the US start a global world war and attempt to destroy all democracies and pretty much anyone who doesn't get in line with them. This isn't just about the US, but the entire world.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^

Well, if that's true, it's the fault of the Democratic Party for doing everything in their power to stop Sanders.

C'est la vie.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been thinking about the collapse of everything since even before 2008. People considered it a "disturbing bummer," then. Now people are upset because I'm not negative enough, lol.

But, I feel more confident about how that would play out now than I did then. I have lots of practice in considering worst case scenarios. Maybe that's why I'm so hard to shock.

This is probably also why I fucked around and didn't bother pursuing a career in my 20s. Now, at least, I'm in a place where I'm willing to hedge my bets.

The level of anxiety people are feeling about 2020? Guess what? That's been something I've had to figure out how to manage for almost two decades, even when everything was supposedly fine during the Obama years. I take a little bit of umbrage about the world that's been telling me to take a "chill pill" for all that time now telling me that's not an option. Everyone's a little late to the party, methinks. Maybe I should respond with some pithy comment about how I don't understand why everyone can't just forget about it and go partying and get some fresh air and sunshine, lol.

Sorry if I'm overreacting, but I really hate it if I feel like (whether it's correct or incorrect) someone is telling me how I should feel, especially about political matters. I feel very strongly that if I need to get more involved with my community and the world around me (and I think I do), it is not through the Biden campaign. I've been phonebanking for other causes during this crisis despite being an introvert the reason I am able to do this is because I feel those are causes that merit my attention. It makes me feel good, and I also happen to think it's more effective than trying to get people to like a guy even I think is awful.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
#NeverBidenNeverTrump is trending on twitter, and looking at people commenting it seems like a significant number of them are real, and these folks are just pissed off, defeated, and are essentially giving up. While it is still early and it's only twitter (with a 13k trend count that is hardly a significant data point), it does confirm what many people were saying that Biden is going to just turn off a ton of voters and likely really reduce voter turnout. Things could change going forward, but with everything that is happening with the pandemic it seems pretty likely that voter turnout is going to be low overall, and the left is generally going to feel so defeated and burnout that they will turn out in significantly less numbers. In otherwords, Trump (regardless of popularity in poll samples) really does look positioned to win largely because of a potential low voter turnout and an embittered and blurred left.

I am not hopeful, but I do hope in the coming months the left can get through to people (once they have had a month to calm down and settle on the fact that Biden is who is up against trump) to understand that we MUST vote for Biden, that it truly doesn't matter who is running against trump. He absolutely uequivically must be voted out no matter what. Another 4 years of him will result in the long term (if not permanent) destruction of this country. Is it a good message? No, but it IS the reality we face, and it's what we have to do for our survival.

10 years from now we might see the US start a global world war and attempt to destroy all democracies and pretty much anyone who doesn't get in line with them. This isn't just about the US, but the entire world.

I think many are too quick at not giving Biden winning chance.

Trump is over his head with the whole virus thing.
Even if this is fixed the economy remaining will surely be bad.
Supreme court argument will be there for everyone that has any kind of liberal ideas.
Trump will attack in all ways possible but that can be marked as drama and barking that isn't worthy of a POTUS.
Biden will probably take at least somewhat milder take on cutting everything regarding the environment.
By November most of Bernie supporters will indeed chill out a little bit. ("My friend Joe" could come into play)
Minorities and many women will be generally motivated to crash Trump.
Biden has a chance to pick certain more wealthy/educated Republicans.
The fact that Biden has a cognitive problems doesn't matter that much since this is fundamentally voting for worldviews not people.
If the virus cuts rallies that evidently helps Biden more than Trump.
Good VP pick can really boost him since it is pretty obvious that VP will basically carry out good chunk of the job in the mandate and perhaps become POTUS in 2024.
Biden only needs to pick MI,WI,PA that are won by least then 1% difference in 2016 and hold everything he has. Plus he has decent shoot in Florida and some smaller states.

This show is far from over if the virus doesn't brake the whole game.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think many are too quick at not giving Biden winning chance.

Trump is over his head with the whole virus thing.
Even if this is fixed the economy remaining will surely be bad.
Supreme court argument will be there for everyone that has any kind of liberal ideas.
Trump will attack in all ways possible but that can be marked as drama and barking that isn't worthy of a POTUS.
Biden will probably take at least somewhat milder take on cutting everything regarding the environment.
By November most of Bernie supporters will indeed chill out a little bit. ("My friend Joe" could come into play)
Minorities and many women will be generally motivated to crash Trump.
Biden has a chance to pick certain more wealthy/educated Republicans.
The fact that Biden has a cognitive problems doesn't matter that much since this is fundamentally voting for worldviews not people.
If the virus cuts rallies that evidently helps Biden more than Trump.
Good VP pick can really boost him since it is pretty obvious that VP will basically carry out good chunk of the job in the mandate and perhaps become POTUS in 2024.
Biden only needs to pick MI,WI,PA that are won by least then 1% difference in 2016 and hold everything he has. Plus he has decent shoot in Florida and some smaller states.

This show is far from over if the virus doesn't brake the whole game.

While I hate Trump, I am having issues that Biden with all his baggage is somehow truly superior in worldviews. I hate this is even our argument right now. I wish the democratic party gave us a real candidate. I wish Trump would shut the fuck up. And I don't see how voting either one of these people will make America better than it is now. They both suck and we need to actually motivate people to open up beyond the 2 party system and do this amazing thing we've always had the option to do.

WRITE SOMEONE IN

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do people really think all these problems will go away if Trump is out of office? What do people expect his supporters to do if he is out of power? These issues do not go away if he does not occupy the oval office. People made the same mistake with Dubya, which meant that when Obama got into office, he didn't do anything about stuff like the Patriot Act (hell, his administration didn't care much for whistleblowers either; he could have pardoned Snowden, and didn't). Now Trump and his GOP haveovember. control of all of that.

I agree that we have serious problems, but where I disagree with many people is where Trump stands in relation to this. He is the symptom, not the cause. The people who thought his nomination would destroy the Republican Party obviously didn't understand anything about what the Republican party was. It never made much sense to me. All he was doing was just saying the things Republicans believe, but just in planier, bolder language that's impossible to ignore.

I hate to say it, but the work of dealing with all lf this is going to entail more than just pressing some buttons or checking some dots in November. Even if Trump is defeated, his supporters are all still around, and they're going to be thinking of ways to take back power. I think to move forward, everyone has to learn from mistakes, and sometimes it seems like if everyone is so paralyzed by fear, they're incapable of doing that.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do people really think all these problems will go away if Trump is out of office? What do people expect his supporters to do if he is out of power? These issues do not go away if he does not occupy the oval office. People made the same mistake with Dubya, which meant that when Obama got into office, he didn't do anything about stuff like the Patriot Act (hell, his administration didn't care much for whistleblowers either; he could have pardoned Snowden, and didn't). Now Trump and his GOP haveovember. control of all of that.

I agree that we have serious problems, but where I disagree with many people is where Trump stands in relation to this. He is the symptom, not the cause. The people who thought his nomination would destroy the Republican Party obviously didn't understand anything about what the Republican party was. It never made much sense to me. All he was doing was just saying the things Republicans believe, but just in planier, bolder language that's impossible to ignore.

I hate to say it, but the work of dealing with all lf this is going to entail more than just pressing some buttons or checking some dots in November. Even if Trump is defeated, his supporters are all still around, and they're going to be thinking of ways to take back power. I think to move forward, everyone has to learn from mistakes, and sometimes it seems like if everyone is so paralyzed by fear, they're incapable of doing that.

Not for me, I think I am going to check back out of politics. It makes me depressed. I feel that it the Establishment and the Plutocracy will try to regain control of everything, and go back to the status quo when he is gone. But the impact Trump has made on the Republican party, and the country will last more than a few cycles. I also feel the damage done to the Democrats is extensive, and they lack the unity to defeat anyone in 2024. I expect people to be more moderate and right leaning in the future. Civic Nationalism will probably rise, due to the pandemic and lessons learned about manufacturing.

The media however, I have no idea how they are going to function after this.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I expect people to be more moderate and right leaning in the future. .

Hmm, I'm not terribly convinced. It doesn't really seem like a big victory for "the market will solve everything" way of thinking or supply-side economics. If anything, all the measures that have been taken were things the right and center were calling "impractical" or "unrealistic" a few months ago. That particular talking point is unlikely to hold water in the future.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So while I'm not normally this type

is Biden going to have the intense investigation Kavanaugh did after the sexual assault accusation? Is it not bias if he does not? Why does he get a pass? Because he is a democrat and Obama endorsed him?

I think I also agree with Julius generally on the bigger thing here: a president represents the people...therefore whoever is elected is just a symptom.

Honestly, I think Trump was elected because people are sick of the way things were going. I know people who voted for him who don't really believe in everything he vouched for, but they also feel like the other side was out of touch with the reality. While I don't think Trump has exactly mended that main issue, I feel both parties are guilty of this problem but people will bobble back and forth hoping someone will finally fix the mess and none of these people will.