User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: Trump vs. Biden

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    135 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    They cant find anyone better, because they choose who they want to win and prop them up, instead of actually being fair. Then change the DNC rules to get who they want in. They literally use the media as well, it is a fucking scam. They did it all through 2016 as well. Berni bros feeling the same shit Trump supporters have felt. And before that, Ron Paul.

Also, did Tulsi Gabbard drop out? People should vote for her.

Well the problem is that if young left leaning people aren't showing even for Bernie, the candidate they like in just about every poll. Why anyone thinks they will show up for Biden ? Especially if he will slap the named population a number of times. While in fact he should find some way to get closer to large alienated population that are clear democrats or left leaning independents. I doubts never Trump republicans are numerous as much as those two groups. Especially in key places like mid-west.

I don't know, to me all of this looks as one big gamble with unclear goals on the democratic side.

Tulsi is still in if I am not mistaken.

Yeah, nah. Democrats do not care who they vote for as long it has a D next to their name.
    If that were true, Trump would not be president right now, nor would Joe Biden be the front-runner.

Get out of your bubble Nico. More people identify as Independant or Conservative, than Liberal.
    Irrelevant. Biden is not a liberal and Trump is not a conservative.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    638 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Well the problem is that if young left leaning people aren't showing even for Bernie, the candidate they like in just about every poll. Why anyone thinks they will show up for Biden ? Especially if he will slap the named population a number of times. While in fact he should find some way to get closer to large alienated population that are clear democrats or left leaning independents. I doubts never Trump republicans are numerous as much as those two groups. Especially in key places like mid-west.

I don't know, to me all of this looks as one big gamble with unclear goals on the democratic side.

Tulsi is still in if I am not mistaken.
    Young people only make up a small portion of the voter base, and they didn't show up for Bernie yes. But that is why many people said Bernie shouldn't have gone that route to begin with. He alienated all the older voters as well, by doing so. That is why I felt he didn't have a chance, regardless if he got the nomination. As he is far left in terms of the average american.

I don't think any educated Democrat thinks Biden is going to win, and yes, they had far too many unfavorable candidates. It is because the party is pretty fractured in terms of policy and identity. Republicans right now, are more united than ever. Then if you watched any of the Veritas videos, you will know Bernie surrounded himself with some nutjobs, and that really sent up red flags for some people. I personally see Bernie as someone trying to take over the Democratic party like Trump did the Republican party. The issue though, is most of the Democrats totally disagree with him on many things. Trump at least had a majority of views that Republicans could get behind.
    "A known evil is better than an unknown good."

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    135 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    As well he should, unless he is a reckless moron trying to kill people like Trump:

THE FACTS: People with preexisting medical problems have health insurance protections because of President Barack Obama’s health care law, which Trump is trying to dismantle. If you can believe it, while he's trying to dismantle it, he's lying to people about being the one who "saved" pre-existing conditions. Trump’s administration has been pressing in court for full repeal of the Obama-era law, including provisions that protect people with preexisting conditions from health insurance discrimination. Before the Affordable Care Act, any insurer could deny coverage — or charge more — to anyone with a preexisting condition who was seeking to buy an individual policy.

It's as insane as someone trying to drain your 401K plan all the way down to zero while telling you they're 'fighting for your retirement'.

Source: AP FACT CHECK: No, Trump didn't save preexisting conditions

Absolutely, this must be saved/kept. However that doesn't mean that this is the only thing you should offer in healthcare and that you can't provide upgrades or something really new (it doesn't even have to be medicare for all). Average people are getting depressed since they aren't expecting real changes from democratic side if they win 2020. What is problematic since the general trend is bad. I guess I am only tying to say that many seem to want more than just return to Obama years. Which weren't that stellar for many from what I understand.

Fine, Biden it is. But the establishment mush make him appear as he genuine cares about people (since he should).

Absolutely, this must be saved/kept. However that doesn't mean that this is the only thing you should offer in healthcare
    And who said it was? Not me. I'm for expanding Medicare, not pushing down the plunger and exploding an entire system in one sitting, while laughing like a small child eating a candy bar.

I guess I am only tying to say that many seem to want more than just return to Obama years.
    As do I.
    Take out the trash.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    135 sp/so

And who said it was? Not me. I'm for expanding Medicare, not pushing down the plunger and exploding an entire system in one sitting, while laughing like a small child eating a candy bar.

As do I.

I am not really talking about you but the candidate. I still don't quite understand about what was Hillary's 2016 campaign was about and I see the real danger of that repeating in 2020. Maybe I am culturally biased but in my book more details should have surfaced in the primaries thus far.

In my country is election night with unclear results so I suppose I am somewhat jumpy. (the equivalent of your convention at the end of primaries).

I am not really talking about you but the candidate.
    He has already spoken about doing more than already exists.

I still don't quite understand about what was Hillary's 2016 campaign was about and I see the real danger of that repeating in 2020.
    Then you don't understand why she lost.

Here in the USA, it's been widely discussed that people made a rather large mistake in thinking that Trump won because of Trump, rather than dealing with the reality of just how many Americans could not stand Hillary Clinton. "Clinton fatigue" is a widely used expression in the states. It took extraordinary effort to make her even appear likable. This has nothing to do with merely being a Democrat. When looking at the numbers in the 2020 primaries so far, it's obvious that Bernie appeared to be more popular than he really was because of anti-Clinton sentiment in 2016. So where you may have seen Hillary and Bernie's numbers close in a voting district in 2016, Biden blew Bernie off the map in the same district in 2020. Hillary=/= Biden. Not by a long shot.

Food for thought:

Take out the trash.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Biden still should talk about more than just norms and how much more awesome things were when he was Vice President, though. The virus stuff and the way Trump has bungled it gives Biden a very good chance to win this thing, though. (Republican relatives are going on about how the virus is about part of a Democratic plot to get get rid of Trump and create communism and take away all our freedoms. As insane as that sounds, it means they themselves think that this has an extremely negative impact on Trump's re-election chances.)
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    135 sp/so

He has already spoken about doing more than already exists.

True but I haven't noticed that there are core issues except beating Trump. What is more of a means than the goal. I simply claim that he doesn't have recognizable policies at this point. Therefore I am getting certain 2016 vibes.

Then you don't understand why she lost.

Here in the USA, it's been widely discussed that people made a rather large mistake in thinking that Trump won because of Trump, rather than dealing with the reality of just how many Americans could not stand Hillary Clinton. "Clinton fatigue" is a widely used expression in the states. It took extraordinary effort to make her even appear likable. This has nothing to do with merely being a Democrat. When looking at the numbers in the 2020 primaries so far, it's obvious that Bernie appeared to be more popular than he really was because of anti-Clinton sentiment in 2016. So where you may have seen Hillary and Bernie's numbers close in a voting district in 2016, Biden blew Bernie off the map in the same district in 2020. Hillary=/= Biden. Not by a long shot.

Food for thought:

I know in general why she lost, she wasn't liked but what I wanted to say is that her campaign was fairly vague when it turned out that the Trump will put up a fight. While in my book she probably wouldn't lose in the case she had more memorable talking points (it was quite close). Plus that graph is probably saying what I am saying. You will get more support by moving somewhat more towards left than moving right, since going back to Obama years is in general holding course where the party is going.