• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I really hope those who wish to counterprotest this stuff just stay at home. Protests are (ideally) a form of communication. These people are well past being even remotely receptive to that, & the presence of counterprotesters will only serve to add to the chaos, confusion, & quite possibly loss of life. Not to mention increased spread of COVID-19.

Let the professionals handle Vanilla ISIS.*
Stay home.

*I did not come up w/that term, but I find it both apt & hilarious.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Axios: Scoop: McConnell leans toward convicting Trump

There's a better than 50-50 chance that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell would vote to convict President Trump in an impeachment trial, sources tell Axios.

What they're saying: "The Senate institutional loyalists are fomenting a counterrevolution" to Trump, said a top Republican close to McConnell.

Why it matters: This would represent one of the most shocking and damning votes in the history of American politics, by the most powerful Republican in Congress.

McConnell's vote would open the door to the possibility that Trump could be convicted and prohibited from running for president again.

An anti-Trump infection is spreading among Hill Republicans:

House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney of Wyoming — the third-ranking House GOP leader, and a top establishment voice — announced that she will vote to impeach Trump.

Cheney said of the Capitol mob: "There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution."

The New York Times reported that McConnell "has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him."

Axios is told McConnell sees this fight as his legacy — defending the Senate and the institution against the verbal attack of the president and the literal attack of his followers.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm kinda enjoying this very temporary alliance with the turtle god, right before he loses his precious majority hold over the Senate.

I will always feel contempt for him, but part of me is heartened by the fact the human race maybe isn't as disgusting as it could be? Or something.

I also found out today that a Chicago alderman is writing up an ordinance that'd necessitate removing the Trump sign from his Chicago building if he's impeached and convicted. :yesss: :yay: We've been wanting that eyesore gone from the moment he put it up. (It's already been airbrushed out of realtor ads for years now because they've had a difficult time leasing out the offices and they assumed it was because no one wanted an office in a building labeled "Trump").

ETA ‘A Stain': Chicago Alderman Wants Trump Tower Sign Removed From City's Skyline

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Trump vs the truth would be nice. Hell so would Biden vs the truth. But Biden knows how to handle loss and being told 'no' like an adult.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm kinda enjoying this very temporary alliance with the turtle god, right before he loses his precious majority hold over the Senate.

It's like Yertle the Turtle and a sleazy incompetent version of Sylvester McMonkey McBean plummeting down to the muck in a death grapple, splattering gunk all over Son #1 and Son #2, while the remnants of the 500 foofy hats of Melania Slummins' float down to the mud behind them while all the little Who's cheer...

I also found out today that a Chicago alderman is writing up an ordinance that'd necessitate removing the Trump sign from his Chicago building if he's impeached and convicted. :yesss: :yay: We've been wanting that eyesore gone from the moment he put it up.

When I was out there visiting, my cousin had told me he had pulled a sleazy move to get his name on the tower in the first place...?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ba33b2bb70ffada9b8e071cdf26b62bc.png

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was out there visiting, my cousin had told me he had pulled a sleazy move to get his name on the tower in the first place...?

Yeah, I vaguely remember something like that. And hearing about people trying to block it. But mostly I remember everyone I know thinking it was tacky AF.

Lark

I got to say that the fronting of candidates like Boris and Trump, which are just SO BAD, could be a stunt to make the moderates seem more appealing to the populace which is desperate for some sort of change and maybe willing to take a bet on Corbyns and Bernies.