• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A popular misconception about identity politics...

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not know the Mission Statement of the EPA when it began, I don't feel like googling it.

"EPA is returning to its core mission of protecting human health and the environment. We are committed to providing clean and safe air, water, and land for all Americans."

So pollution. How does this factoring wasting funds on monitoring non-threatened bodies of water? Does every puddle get protection? Or should you reduce expenditure to areas with the most vulnerability?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"EPA is returning to its core mission of protecting human health and the environment. We are committed to providing clean and safe air, water, and land for all Americans."

So pollution. How does this factoring wasting funds on monitoring non-threatened bodies of water? Does every puddle get protection? Or should you reduce expenditure to areas with the most vulnerability?

Why is it excusable to pollute any 'puddle'? All of it ends up in larger bodies of water eventually. And 'puddles' are very important for birds and animals, many of which are loved by the hunting contingent of the u.s., many of whom ironically are conservative. Pollution of unimportant 'puddles' will kill off said wildlife and destroy land quality, thus killing their hunting and fishing sport, and so on and so on. I mean by all means, remove all of the other life from this argument, it still remains that polluted puddles will ultimately harm humans.

The point is 'puddles' end up downstream, puddles impact the lives of rural people who live near them, puddles are part of the water and land for all Americans.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Get a multi-stage R-O filtering system from Costco; eliminate the EPA; save billions of dollars. There is no pollutant in the water that can't be removed by a good water filter. :D

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is it excusable to pollute any 'puddle'? All of it ends up in larger bodies of water eventually. And 'puddles' are very important for birds and animals, many of which are loved by the hunting contingent of the u.s., many of whom ironically are conservative. Pollution of unimportant 'puddles' will kill off said wildlife and destroy land quality, thus killing their hunting and fishing sport, and so on and so on. I mean by all means, remove all of the other life from this argument, it still remains that polluted puddles will ultimately harm humans.

The point is 'puddles' end up downstream, puddles impact the lives of rural people who live near them, puddles are part of the water and land for all Americans.

No one said its excusable to pollute, but some areas are not threatened by pollution. Until it is, it doesn't need monitored.

Also Probably because Conservatives don't pollute as much to begin with. I grew up in Idaho, and Washington equally. I have also lived in Oregon. The Northwest has the highest concentration of freshwater in the USA apart from the great lakes. The problem is, once again, cities. Many places in the northwest ban motors in lakes for example. Because motors dump gasoline into the lake. People attract things like seagulls, and geese, who stay year round to feed of human handouts and trash. Polluting the water, literally with their shit. Unironically, the cleanest water I have seen has always been in Conservative states like idaho.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably because Conservatives don't pollute as much to begin with. I grew up in Idaho, and Washington equally. I have also lived in Oregon. The Northwest has the highest concentration of freshwater in the USA apart from the great lakes. The problem is, once again, cities. Many places in the northwest ban motors in lakes for example. Because motors dump gasoline into the lake. People attract things like seagulls, and geese, who stay year round to feed of human handouts and trash. Polluting the water, literally with their shit. Unironically, the cleanest water I have seen has always been in Conservative states like idaho.

:huh:

Uh..ok.

Anyway, I am done, my main thoughts were earlier on and I've already posted way more than I usually do in a thread like this.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No one said its excusable to pollute, but some areas are not threatened by pollution. Until it is, it doesn't need monitored.

Probably because Conservatives don't pollute as much to begin with. I grew up in Idaho, and Washington equally. I have also lived in Oregon. The Northwest has the highest concentration of freshwater in the USA apart from the great lakes. The problem is, once again, cities. Many places in the northwest ban motors in lakes for example. Because motors dump gasoline into the lake. People attract things like seagulls, and geese, who stay year round to feed of human handouts and trash. Polluting the water, literally with their shit. Unironically, the cleanest water I have seen has always been in Conservative states like idaho.

There are 1.7 million people in the entire state. Little heavy industry to pollute. Do you even read what you type?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh:

Uh..ok.

Anyway, I am done, my main thoughts were earlier on and I've already posted way more than I usually do in a thread like this.

Well if it means anything, I am glad you spent time with me. As frustraiting as I am.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are 1.7 million people in the entire state. Little heavy industry to pollute. Do you even read what you type?

Also the fastest growing state in the USA iirc. So if you really want to make a point. Just say people are the problem that need to be eliminated. Pro-choice all the way!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also the fastest growing state in the USA iirc. So if you really want to make a point. Just say people are the problem that need to be eliminated. Pro-choice all the way!

I believe you were the person that poised this question. But you were drunk so, not your fault.

How to quell overpopulation?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe you were the person that poised this question. But you were drunk so, not your fault.

How to quell overpopulation?

Lmao, yeah overpopulation is an issue. Thats why I am joking about it. It is my fault, and even if I was drunk. I don't dismiss the reality of my statement. If people stopped caring so much, we can save the planet!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Lmao, yeah overpopulation is an issue. Thats why I am joking about it. It is my fault, and even if I was drunk. I don't dismiss the reality of my statement. If people stopped caring so much, we can save the planet!

Your jokes suck.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dueling wife beaters and anger management issues. I work with 90 percent conservatives and I dislike most of them as people, even though I coincidentally agree with their politics.

That was kind of always my thing with liberals, hating most of them yet agreeing with their politics, but then I’m a misanthrope and tend to hate most people

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know you guys hate fox, but if you expect me to watch your news quietly, sit back

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Get a multi-stage R-O filtering system from Costco; eliminate the EPA; save billions of dollars. There is no pollutant in the water that can't be removed by a good water filter. :D

I guess you don't eat fish, either.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know you guys hate fox, but if you expect me to watch your news quietly, sit back

What is this video supposed to be about? Before spending 23 minutes of my life on this, I'd like to know that it's actually relevant to the discussion.