• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Mole

Permabanned
The virus is having a field day in our neighbour, the largest muslim country ih the world, Indonesia, and in our nearest neighbour Papua New Guinea. We are providing our neighbours with the vaccine and medical help, but the virus is winning.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
This happens in India. It is very emotional. A daughter just lost her father because of Covid 19. No treatment was given until his last breath. It is a good idea to also get people become aware of the emotional side of loss of life. After all death toll is never only a number.
Perhaps many family member of 3 million death toll express their sorrow and anger more than the woman, but we probably just don't know it.

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
World: +851 600, the worst day on record since the day one (and counting).

What is mostly due to India that has +315 700 registered new cases today, what is the largest single day number of any country from the day one.
Richer countries are getting vaccines in mass but in the poorer the situation is alarming since this isn't really the case. While bad testing makes sure that real numbers are actually unknown. However this evidently large number is also kinda why we now seem to have "Indian variant" of the virus. Since large number of infections is rising the odds that there will be a mutation (because more of the virus exists out there).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah the new right wing talking points revolve around women miscarrying/having stillbirths/causing infertility so getting this out there is important.

Of course they will say that, if vaccine ends this pandemic madness the anti-vaccine movement will be in problems (as well as some politicians).

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My dad was finally able to get his first Pfizer shot today at Rite Aid. I'm scheduled for May 6th.

India: +275 300
I was kind of baffled that India hadn't been hit hard already. Considering it's a country with a billion people - many of whom are tightly packed and in poor living conditions - I was expecting devastation early on. :thinking: But somehow they made it through the first year of the pandemic without things getting too out of control. :shrug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was kind of baffled that India hadn't been hit hard already. Considering it's a country with a billion people - many of whom are tightly packed and in poor living conditions - I was expecting devastation early on. :thinking: But somehow they made it through the first year of the pandemic without things getting too out of control. :shrug:

It is quite simple in the bottom line. US has done 1 300 000 tests on million people, while India did barely 200 000 on million people (and a good chunk of that was done recently). Also we must not forget that half of the country is younger than 25. While they have tropical climate that eases the problem. Plus they have a number of constant health hazards going on due to underdevelopment, therefore this really wasn't some grand game changer for them.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It is quite simple in the bottom line. US has done 1 300 000 tests on million people, while India did barely 200 000 on million people (and a good chunk of that was done recently). Also we must not forget that half of the country is younger than 25. While they have tropical climate that eases the problem. Plus they have a number of constant health hazards going on due to underdevelopment, therefore this really wasn't some grand game changer for them.

Plus I forgot: now they are having mutated version of mutated virus. What bring whole new set of "rules" into the game.

This is exactly why you can't really play for strategies where a mass of people get the disease. Since that besides a fair amount of death lead into larger chances of mutations, which can quickly reset the whole game.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
20210417_woc543.png

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yesterday Belgium only had 83 remaining free ICU beds for the entire nation. They are having trouble treating other ICU patients like victims of traffic accidents because of this and are handing over patients to Germany. The Netherlands are also in deep trouble and have to postpone cancer treatment and cardiac surgery because of too many patients flooding the hospitals.
Germany also helped out Belgium and other neighbors during the last waves of the pandemic but is getting very close to full capacity as well. A new law passend just days ago finally allows for national instead of just federal lockdowns. Measures have been sharpened yet again starting today. Both Belgium and the Netherlands have higher infection numbers than Germany but plan to loosen measures despite of that situation.

At the same time the German minister of health said that hopefully non-priority people would start to be allowed to get vaccinated sometime in June (right now it's only the elderly and people with preexisting conditions as well as some very few professions). He is famous for getting people's hopes up and then disappointing them though. My husband is a teacher and might get vaccinated this summer. I'm low priority and probably won't be allowed to until Fall *sigh*

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Plus I forgot: now they are having mutated version of mutated virus. What bring whole new set of "rules" into the game.

This is exactly why you can't really play for strategies where a mass of people get the disease. Since that besides a fair amount of death lead into larger chances of mutations, which can quickly reset the whole game.
Well they're sure getting clobbered with record numbers of cases now. :doh: Although it's still not that much per capita because of the huge population.

So Pfizer has a best track record? That's what my folks have gotten and I'm signed up to get the first one next month.

The other day on NPR they were talking about deciphering the numbers being thrown around in the news about breakthrough infections and the dangers posed by new strains of the virus. They (and some other sources I've seen) pointed out that out of total number of vaccinated people, the amount who still get sick is a teeny tiny percentage, and those people still seem to be very well protected against severe illness and death.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9