• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Philippines' Duterte volunteers to be Putin's coronavirus vaccine guinea pig

As expected, the vaccine will be used for gaining influence in many places.
God, that pic of Putin smiling...looks like Philipines is making a deal with the devil.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Therefore all of this is possibly the biggest problem for the US itself. Since US is sitting on the top of that world that is currently in complete chaos. What is because that same chaos is quite likely to pull US down because the global foundations on which the country and the whole system are standing is seriously cracked all over the place. Both in emotional and practical sense. Not to mention that the sum of all public debt came to 153% of GDP and that is without fully calculated in slump, if I am not mistaken. Therefore if the end of the year will be as bad as some doctors think it is quite realistic that the system simply brakes globally. Since the global economic circulation is crippled and there is no much room for things to get worse and that they continue to work at least to some degree. In many parts of the world the situation was already quite critical and with this pandemic things evidently went over the top. To the point that normal survival is not longer possible. Therefore the world as we know it seem to be going towards it's end as it stands for now.
Don't waste your breath. They don't care.

I walk into a nearby gas station to use the restroom a couple of times...every day the same homeless man sits in the path of the entrance less than 6 feet away from everyone coming and going. People inside are sometimes not wearing masks despite the fact that it's mandatory everywhere right now and the signs on the door state that it's required to enter, and some owners of places are being arrested if they don't enforce it. No one, and I mean NO ONE is social distancing anywhere at all, this place included. The womens' restroom has had the same blood spots on the floor for weeks while the night shift employee only ever sits on his cell phone and watches YouTube videos maskless. Nothing ever gets cleaned...the surfaces look the same each visit. Even the things that are commonly touched don't get cleaned. As long as they collect their paycheck, nothing matters. I'm currently looking into ways to initiate legal action against them for failing to comply with CDC guidelines.

I walk into a fast food place to use a restroom. The sign says "One person at a time only." When I enter the 2 stall restroom it's empty. When I walk out of the stall there are about 6 other people besides me, some of which were not wearing masks, and not only was social distancing impossible, but I had to rotate my body as we skirted past each other sideways while trying not to brush against each other. I was very livid, especially as someone who is homeless and has no choice but to be in public (although I'm social distancing as much as possible in my car). The employees demonstrated the same complacency in their handling of equipment. Nobody here social distancing either, of course.

These are just 2 places, there are many others like this. Nobody here cares.

I used to think the stereotypes about America being stupid were exaggerated, but in my eyes they have proven that they are quite literally the stupidest country in the entire world.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
God, that pic of Putin smiling...looks like Philipines is making a deal with the devil.

Of course.
I also heard something that the same will be for Brazil (and some other countries). I mean many countries simply can't wait because they are falling apart literally due to the pandemic and therefore they will take the gamble with this experimental vaccine. While the Russians simply want to boost global influence and perhaps earn something.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Don't waste your breath. They don't care.

I walk into a nearby gas station to use the restroom a couple of times...a homeless man sits in the path of the entrance less than 6 feet away from everyone coming and going. People inside are sometimes not wearing masks. No one, and I mean NO ONE is social distancing anywhere at all, this place included. The womens' restroom has had the same blood spots on the floor for weeks while the night shift employee only ever sits on his cell phone and watches YouTube videos maskless. Nothing ever gets cleaned...the surfaces look the same each visit. Even the things that are commonly touched don't get cleaned. As long as they collect their paycheck, nothing matters. I'm currently looking into ways to initiate legal action against them for failing to comply with CDC guidelines.

I walk into a fast food place to use a restroom. The sign says "One person at a time only." When I enter the 2 stall restroom it's empty. When I walk out of the stall there are about 6 other people besides me, some of which were not wearing masks, and not only was social distancing impossible, but I had to rotate my body as we skirted past each other sideways while trying not to brush against each other. I was very livid, especially as someone who is homeless and has no choice but to be in public (although I'm social distancing as much as possible in my car). The employees demonstrated the same complacency in their handling of equipment. Nobody here social distancing either, of course.

This is just 2 places, there are many others like this. Nobody here cares.

I used to think the stereotypes about America being stupid were exaggerated, but in my eyes they have proven that they are quite literally the stupidest country in the entire world.

Well, as I said: by good margin my posting is to consolidate my thought and practice my English. Which I want to preserve since I currently don't need typing it that much in life. However in communication science there is something called "targeted audience". Therefore from the start I know that some people will reject my posts completely, however there are people who simply aren't aware of the bigger picture or the ones that can pass the info further (deliberately or not). While on the other hand you have probably noticed that I don't really suffer from US style cynicism. Therefore I often just can't resist in not typing something "serious".

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Well, as I said: by good margin my posting is to consolidate my thought and practice my English. Which I want to preserve since I currently don't need typing it that much in life. However in communication science there is something called "targeted audience". Therefore from the start I know that some people will reject my posts completely, however there are people who simply aren't aware of the bigger picture or the ones that can pass the info further (deliberately or not). While on the other hand you have probably noticed that I don't really suffer from US style cynicism. Therefore I often just can't resist in not typing something "serious".
I, for one, appreciate your posts. I wasn't being literal. It was moreso just me expressing my anger against the American people...especially since I believe I'm beginning to show symptoms and I'm pretty sure I have a vulnerability due to my heart.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I, for one, appreciate your posts. I wasn't being literal. It was moreso just me expressing my anger against the American people.

This is kinda exactly why I don't stop posting. Since quite a few people around seem to like my posts when you actually draw the bottom line. After all this should have been pretty fun summer but it turned out that I have a fair amount of spare time.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
The image that my above post is lacking:

jxnzAbb.png

These are comparisons of 2018, 2019 and 2020 deaths of respiratory diseases, per week.

What I mean for this context, is this: if the Corona were killing people who were going to die anyway, the flu from the last years would have done the same job and this graph would look different.
And just returning to a point that I made pages ago: This graph indicates that the people who said that they were just taking regular flu deaths and transforming them into Corona deaths just to aid the "media sensationalistic fear" are dead wrong, because if they would be right, the graph would not have much differences between each years.
As it was shown in another graph and the explanation is a little bit more complex, the reverse is happening: Corona deaths have been counted as flu.

I think maybe something is getting lost in translation here or you're confusing me with someone else? Or something. (I don't understand).

I did two posts yesterday, when i was feeling sleepy, and I didnt got understood in both lol. Perhaps that can be as bad as to post drunk.

What I mean is that you were more on the "She was always "COVID is serious problem" person." and then seem to migrate too "1 out of every 1,929 people in this country have died from complications of coronavirus. If someone has cancer and they die faster than the cancer alone would have killed them - that's dying of complications from coronavirus. (Just like if someone with cancer gets in a fatal car crash, the cause of death will be the car crash, even if they only had 2 months left anyway). ", which sounds more like "the virus is only killing people that are going to die anyway", which is kind of a change on opinion and approach. At least, that how it did sound to me.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
which sounds more like "the virus is only killing people that are going to die anyway", which is kind of a change on opinion and approach.

Ah, okay. That's not what I was trying to say. I was countering that position (presented in a video that had been posted) by saying it doesn't matter if they have other conditions - if someone died from coronavirus complications, then coronavirus is the cause of death. (The guy in the video was arguing it's misleading to list coronavirus complications as a cause of death, and I'm arguing that it's not).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Not sure what your point with this quote is, since it doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

This appears to be your signature off ramp anytime you can't continue a conversation, doesn't matter the topic or the person. You don't get it, that's very evident.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems germane to this thread, because it's part of the whole antimask shtick but also because it seems likely it's at least in part a consequence of quarantine cabin fever: How QAnon rode the pandemic to new heights — and fueled the viral anti-mask phenomenon

Users like Rein Lively who started off in wellness communities, religious groups and new-age groups on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the pandemic were then introduced to extremist groups like QAnon, aided by shared beliefs about energy, healing or God — and often by recommendation algorithms.

And while anti-mask sentiment has surfaced in a variety of ways for a number of reasons, viral videos of anti-mask confrontations have become causes for celebration in conspiracy circles, embraced as examples of people taking the fight against their shadowy enemy into the real world.

"The strongest bridge we found between QAnon and non-QAnon communities was spirituality and religion," McAweeney said. "This content isn't inherently problematic, but people are often most vulnerable when seeking spiritual information online and more susceptible to alternative and extreme views."

I kinda hate to say it (for fear that it will come across as negative judgement towards all religious folks, when that's not the case), but this is tracks with what I personally see.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Seems germane to this thread, because it's part of the whole antimask shtick but also because it seems likely it's at least in part a consequence of quarantine cabin fever: How QAnon rode the pandemic to new heights — and fueled the viral anti-mask phenomenon

Users like Rein Lively who started off in wellness communities, religious groups and new-age groups on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the pandemic were then introduced to extremist groups like QAnon, aided by shared beliefs about energy, healing or God — and often by recommendation algorithms.

And while anti-mask sentiment has surfaced in a variety of ways for a number of reasons, viral videos of anti-mask confrontations have become causes for celebration in conspiracy circles, embraced as examples of people taking the fight against their shadowy enemy into the real world.

"The strongest bridge we found between QAnon and non-QAnon communities was spirituality and religion," McAweeney said. "This content isn't inherently problematic, but people are often most vulnerable when seeking spiritual information online and more susceptible to alternative and extreme views."

I kinda hate to say it (for fear that it will come across as negative judgement towards all religious folks, when that's not the case), but this is tracks with what I personally see.

I felt QAnon would explode the second it got with a religion and it has. This is a good article about it and more on premillennial dispensationalism.

When the news becomes religion - Columbia Journalism Review

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Worldometer

This disaster is basically what has become the new normal.

I know these numbers are higher, at least in the US.

Send out test is done and takes days or weeks in some cases.
Rapid test is done - comes back negative.
Send out test finally comes back and is positive.

Every hospital and nursing home I have contact with for my job is like this, I assume the issues are just as bad or worse in states that have politicized COVID or decided that ignoring was the best avenue to take in a pandemic.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know these numbers are higher, at least in the US.

Send out test is done and takes days or weeks in some cases.
Rapid test is done - comes back negative.
Send out test finally comes back and is positive.

Every hospital and nursing home I have contact with for my job is like this, I assume the issues are just as bad or worse in states that have politicized COVID or decided that ignoring was the best avenue to take in a pandemic.

Yes, it is probably worse than this.
However even the numbers that are presented are enough to define overall global picture as a disaster. With these numbers there is no way this will end anytime soon.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes, it is probably worse than this.
However even the numbers that are presented are enough to define overall global picture as a disaster. With these numbers there is no way this will end anytime soon.

But you're just being pathologically pessimistic about it.