• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Over 200 000 new registered case a day globally is evidently the new normal. For the last month we don't have a day bellow that line.

Also I was reading on my local news that this pandemic is causing clearly the biggest brake down of education in modern history. What somehow isn't hard to believe.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
image0_34.png

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
The concerto must begin somewhere....
First the overture. Yes the strings...listen carefully can you hear it? Next comes the brass....

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Chicago Public Schools Reverse Course, Plan to Start Year With Full Remote Learning | Education News | US News
"As educators and dedicated education professionals, we all want students to be in school, but at this time, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) believes that current COVID-19 transmission trends would not allow us to reopen schools in a safe and responsible manner given the sheer number of people we serve every day," Jackson and McDade said.

Finally, at least one area in the USA doing something using common sense...should've been obvious since the beginning not to reopen using a hybrid model as they did initially though...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ohio's republican governor recently tested positive for COVID-19. This response from the Ohio democrats is what we need to see more of:
The Ohio Democratic Party said it is saddened to hear about DeWine's positive coronavirus test result and offered support for the governor.
"We know how hard he's been working to keep Ohioans safe, and this is just one more reminder that this virus can impact everyone," the party's chairman David Pepper said in a statement. "As fellow Ohioans, we stand with and support our governor and his family at this time."

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A guy worked at Walmart for 40 years as a cashier and continued to work there wearing a mask through covid. He's now in the hospital with covid. His brother is saying this happened because a walmart shopper didn't wear a mask. I feel like these masks are giving people a false sense of security. There should be more emphasis on keeping people who are elderly and unwell at home. Instead it's like, "Here's a mask. That'll protect you if ever one wears one. Now get to work."

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A guy worked at Walmart for 40 years as a cashier and continued to work there wearing a mask through covid. He's now in the hospital with covid. His brother is saying this happened because a walmart shopper didn't wear a mask. I feel like these masks are giving people a false sense of security. There should be more emphasis on keeping people who are elderly and unwell at home. Instead it's like, "Here's a mask. That'll protect you if ever one wears one. Now get to work."
I agree and wonder why it is so difficult for people to understand wearing masks. An article I posted several pages back by an epidemiologist had a sentence that I remember. "If you are riding in a car with a COVID-19 positive person and not wearing masks, you may get enough viral load in 10 minutes to get the virus, and if you are wearing masks, it may take 20 minutes". I think that provides clarity. It is helpful for short interactions and minimizing larger droplets, but the help they provide is limited. Collectively it can save lives, but I don't understand the constant all or nothing thinking about it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, masks lower the chances to getting it but aren't 100% protective. Especially if they aren't high quality or if both parties involved don't wear it (here both sides have to wear it). Plus you have a fair share of people who don't wear it in right a way, if you don't cover both nose and mouth this is as if you don't wear it. While covering eyes probably isn't that bad idea either. Constantly available hand sanitizer for the staff and shoppers also isn't a bad practice/idea.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Some young guy walked past me..."Oh, thank you" (to me). Turned to his friend and complained I shut the door in his face. Bitch you came like a foot or less away from me, you wanted me to stand there like "here you go prince" while you don't social distance and put me at risk for COVID-19? Fuck off, mate. I don't have to hold the door open for you anyways, you entitled douchenozzle, it's just polite.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some young guy walked past me..."Oh, thank you" (to me). Turned to his friend and complained I shut the door in his face. Bitch you came like a foot or less away from me, you wanted me to stand there like "here you go prince" while you don't social distance and put me at risk for COVID-19? Fuck off, mate. I don't have to hold the door open for you anyways, you entitled douchenozzle, it's just polite.

One bright spot in 2020 is seeing douchenozzle make its triumphant return.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeap, Europe as a whole evidently mess it up. From some countries going again to 4 digit daily growths to record days in some of them.
It isn't enough for panic but the trend evidently needs to be stopped. Since way too many people got too comfortable due to "summer time".

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
"We were social distancing!"
Lol I seriously doubt that. Nobody has been taking that shit seriously (except for me, apparently).

I'm tempted to wear a shirt that says "I tested positive for COVID-19" so people will stay back.

No, but really, I'm probably getting tested tomorrow.