• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My own inability to recall exactly where I read/heard something drives me mad, but I know I've seen things recently about the aftermath this virus leaves on the body might have a bigger effect on children than we realize. There's a great deal we don't know about this virus and it's not fear-mongering to entertain the possibility it's true. Running around the streets (or excessive social media posting) yelling, "We're killing our babies!" is fear-mongering. Either extreme ('there's no imminent danger' vs 'we're gonna die') - feeling certainty about something even experts don't yet know - is a defense mechanism to avoid anxiety of the unknown. There's *a lot* of unknowns about this virus and about what effect it may have on children. Even though that toxic shock-like syndrome that children have been getting is super rare, it relatively proves children aren't exactly home free and that there are after-effects in them we didn't see coming.

Apparently she needs pregnancy and mother to fetus transfer of everything that enters the body explained to her.

EcCgMWgVcAMxIFs

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dumb people I work with:

"covid-19 is nothing but the flu.."

"It's a liberal hoax.."

"The libruhs have created a virus in an election year to hurt trump's chances because they know he was going to win reelection.."

"The masks are worthless..."

"They say the hospitals are full -- I drove past one and saw parking out front, so therefore that's a lie..."

"They're killing people in hospitals and classifying it as covid deaths..."

"I mean, do you actually know anyone who's had it??"

"We should've never shut the country down -- the mortality rate is 0.06% (keep on mind this number goes lower each time they use this talking point). It only affects old people"

Mfw after hearing this for several weeks on end, seeing many of those same people contract covid-19 after choosing not to wear masks or adhere to social distancing guidelines:
47801580f5ab37080feb8c2b65dee1c4.jpg

Throw a gigantic sigh and shaking of head in disappointment in there somewhere.

You can hear a lot of that stuff in Germany as well, although probably to a lesser degree. If you go by deaths over known cases the mortality rate here - a country that tests a lot and has a very low number of deaths compared to neighboring countries - is about 4.6%. That is pretty much in line with the earliest numbers from China and the current average for most countries (a lot depends on testing capacity).

That means one in twenty will die from the infection.

Add to that the number of hospitalizations and the increasing knowledge about permanent organ damage after recovery and it becomes obvious that this sort of denial is purely ideological.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My own inability to recall exactly where I read/heard something drives me mad, but I know I've seen things recently about the aftermath this virus leaves on the body might have a bigger effect on children than we realize. There's a great deal we don't know about this virus and it's not fear-mongering to entertain the possibility it's true. Running around the streets (or excessive social media posting) yelling, "We're killing our babies!" is fear-mongering. Either extreme ('there's no imminent danger' vs 'we're gonna die') - feeling certainty about something even experts don't yet know - is a defense mechanism to avoid anxiety of the unknown. There's *a lot* of unknowns about this virus and about what effect it may have on children. Even though that toxic shock-like syndrome that children have been getting is super rare, it relatively proves children aren't exactly home free and that there are after-effects in them we didn't see coming.

Yeah, like I was telling my mom several days ago, it'll be very interesting to see lots more data and research a year or two (or ...more) from now, and one of the things I'm particularly interested in is longterm effects, particularly for the bulk of people who will have survived and were asymptomatic. This isn't even addressing the folks who had more dire symptoms but survived, likely with repercussions for the rest of their lives. I wonder what is really happening in the body behind the scenes. And I agree, I don't think this is fear mongering, nor am I irresponsibly posting online or in public about stuff like this; I just genuinely wonder. There is so much yet to be seen and understood, and unfortunately probably a lot more mutations and cycles.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently she needs pregnancy and mother to fetus transfer of everything that enters the body explained to her.

:laugh: I would love to grill this woman on exactly where she saw that mandate. I mean, I'd keep at it. No amount of crazy, spastic side tangent would stop me from coming back to the unborn baby mask mandate.

Was the thing posted here about the crazy people in Florida, pulling all sorts of batshit reasons for why it's unconstitutional to mandate masks, in some courtroom? One of them said a thing about 5G. It reminded me of "Cheese Day" from West Wing, except it was real. There are big swaths of this thread that pass while I'm not paying attention.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, like I was telling my mom several days ago, it'll be very interesting to see lots more data and research a year or two (or ...more) from now, and one of the things I'm particularly interested in is longterm effects, particularly for the bulk of people who will have survived and were asymptomatic. This isn't even addressing the folks who had more dire symptoms but survived, likely with repercussions for the rest of their lives. I wonder what is really happening in the body behind the scenes. And I agree, I don't think this is fear mongering, nor am I irresponsibly posting online or in public about stuff like this; I just genuinely wonder. There is so much yet to be seen and understood, and unfortunately probably a lot more mutations and cycles.

Yeah, exactly. And it seems pretty clear when someone is doing the thing where they need to feel certain there's nothing to worry about (the irrational compensating is happening in them, yet they see it as happening in others) because they label all speculation or wondering as "fear-mongering" and feel some need to shut it down/stop others from speaking about it. (I do think there's a purpose to shutting down people who are fear mongering, more or less, but there's a significant difference between 'not wanting to prematurely fill in the unknown' and 'we must fill the unknown with worst case scenario because certainty is more comforting than the unknown').

Jaguar

This woman attacked a display in Target for selling masks. Listen to what she is screaming:

Crazy bitch . . .

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Globally a little bit better day than the few last ones.
Probably since it is Sunday, what seems to be a factor over time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Apparently this child was a cancer survivor, hence compromised immunity and it sounds like comorbidity..

Teen Who Died of COVID-19 Attended Large Florida Church Event Days Before: Medical Examiner – NBC 6 South Florida

The report also said Davis attended an event hosted by the First Assembly of God Church in Fort Myers on June 10th with 100 other children, where she did not wear a mask or follow social distancing guidelines.

Davis’ mother, a nurse, and her stepfather, a physician’s assistant, treated her with an antibiotic for five days after the event before her condition got worse, according to the report. Her family thought she had a sinus infection.

So these pieces of shit who can't claim ignorance in essence killed this girl. Please pray that they do some prison time for it.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently this child was a cancer survivor, hence compromised immunity and it sounds like comorbidity..

Teen Who Died of COVID-19 Attended Large Florida Church Event Days Before: Medical Examiner – NBC 6 South Florida

So these pieces of shit who can't claim ignorance in essence killed this girl. Please pray that they do some prison time for it.

What does this even mean?

The station spoke with the church’s pastor, who said the church took precautions at the event to keep kids safe but said it was their decision not to social distance and that the church was not going to be “policing” the event.

If you don't even try to enforce precautions you put into place, can you still claim you took precautions? There's a difference between suggesting precautions and taking precautions, right?

Don't get me wrong, the people who run establishments in angry yokel territory and who should be enforcing masks and distancing have my sympathy. But it's aggravating to see this news source report this wet noodle logic instead of questioning it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It seems that this is another record day for the US.

The global daily record in new cases is also very close to falling. It is on 98% of the way.