User Tag List

First 299349389397398399400401 Last

Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4023

Thread: Coronavirus

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Valneva vaccine produces immune response, moves to large-scale efficacy tests

The U.K. secured up to 100 million doses of the inactivated vaccine with the option of purchasing 90 million more doses between 2023 and 2025. Valneva said it expects 60 million doses to be delivered by the end of the first quarter of 2022.

When you read many of the texts between the lines there is evident impression that "someone" doesn't expect that this story will be quite finished anytime soon. After all vaccinating the world will take time, in other words we are globally at only 1,8% regarding the second dose (and at 4,7% with first dose). Therefore if immunity starts to expire before the the world is covered the airlines will again carry the virus all over the world in weeks. Plus if some communities don't get vaccinated that can quickly explode the cases once travel is fully normalized. Since this should be judged on community by community bases rather than country by country basis. Because even with 80% vaccination you can still have large pockets of low vaccination that can continue the epidemic. Possibly to the point when mass resistances starts to loosen up, especially if traveling is constantly supplying them with the virus.

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I hope you can see this attachment, but if not, here's the link.
    Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

Why is Michigan looking so bad? That is what Wisconsin looked like in September and then we had a six month wave radiate across the country. I know the vaccine could change the course of it, but this is unsettling. I'm wondering if the wave is representing mostly those individuals not getting the vaccine and/or if there are variants infecting people with the vaccine. Are there policy differences in Michigan that account for this relating to the vaccine? I'm not certain why Wisconsin was the starting point last September (after the New York wave of course). There were COVID-19 infestations and mutations on the mink farms, and people drink together inside bars a great deal, but other than that I don't know of unique conditions because there isn't even an international airport from what I understand. There probably is in Michigan. I'd be curious to hear thoughts about this.

Attachment 22984
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh. Of course.

That heard immunity the chuds are always talking about? It won't be reached until 3/4 of the population are vaccinated. That's 3/4 of the 7+ billion, not the US population.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Siúil a Rún View Post
    I hope you can see this attachment, but if not, here's the link.
    Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

Why is Michigan looking so bad? That is what Wisconsin looked like in September and then we had a six month wave radiate across the country. I know the vaccine could change the course of it, but this is unsettling. I'm wondering if the wave is representing mostly those individuals not getting the vaccine and/or if there are variants infecting people with the vaccine. Are there policy differences in Michigan that account for this relating to the vaccine? I'm not certain why Wisconsin was the starting point last September (after the New York wave of course). There were COVID-19 infestations and mutations on the mink farms, and people drink together inside bars a great deal, but other than that I don't know of unique conditions because there isn't even an international airport from what I understand. There probably is in Michigan. I'd be curious to hear thoughts about this.

Attachment 22984
    ‘It’s not gonna stop me': WMU students return to bars amid increase in COVID-19 cases | Arts And Entertainment | westernherald.com
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

Oh. Of course.

That heard immunity the chuds are always talking about? It won't be reached until 3/4 of the population are vaccinated. That's 3/4 of the 7+ billion, not the US population.

I see this more as a subtle move to leave "others" to the eastern vaccines, since we are talking about "surpluses" and unneeded vaccines. Therefore there really is no justification for this if this true. In other words this would then tilt the whole world order and that is actually even worse than what you are suggesting. Since this in the bottom line is treason in the diplomacy and "foreign policy sphere". But it doesn't matter, he is trying to get me destroyed in the bottom line. The actual motivation is kinda secondary issue here.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

India: +126 300
    Turkey: +54 700

And growing fast in numbers.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Worldometer

This is globally the worst day on the record in months, both in new cases and deaths (and counting). The numbers aren't pretty and many countries have record day since the day one. What is mostly because mutated versions are spreading around and drive the third wave. At current rate even the all time daily records could be overrun pretty soon. Plus as the more people is infected the larger are chances of further mutations, what can really really complicate things due to obvious reasons.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Another day that globally adds to the current wave. At this rate even the global record day from the winter time could be "overrun" soon.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so