User Tag List

First 190240280288289290291 Last

Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 2908

Thread: Coronavirus

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    How Jared Kushner’s Secret Testing Plan “Went Poof Into Thin Air” | Vanity Fair

They had a plan (in reality there are a few existing pandemic plans). They apparently didn't implement it because they thought only folks who didn’t vote for them would die. There's a word for that, begins with G.
    Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

I wonder how long it's going to take for all the anonymous sources to come forward once this family of psychos leaves the White House. I think their contributions will have exponentially more credibility once they do. Trump has thoroughly and brazenly exemplified the psycho vindictiveness that's been stopping them.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

I wonder how long it's going to take for all the anonymous sources to come forward once this family of psychos leaves the White House. I think their contributions will have exponentially more credibility once they do. Trump has thoroughly and brazenly exemplified the psycho vindictiveness that's been stopping them.
    But Trump's betting odds are creeping back up (even though I found no evidence of that).
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

With Day Trips To The Bean And Deep-Dish Pizza Outings, Tourists Defy Chicago’s Quarantine Order

It's interesting that a lot of people cite "it's unenforceable" as justification for breaking the mandate. Restaurant workers washing their hands after using the restroom isn't an especially enforcable rule either, but it's still important. (If people are wearing a mask and keeping their hands washed/sanitized, as many of these people claim they are, then I don't particularly care - except maybe when it comes to public restrooms, which can be problematic because of the aeresols that bypass typical masks).

In other news, in NW Indiana, most stores have actually finally stopped admitting people without masks. It went into effect last week. Prior to that, just less than half of the public would wear masks inside stores.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    In other news, in NW Indiana, most stores have actually finally stopped admitting people without masks. It went into effect last week. Prior to that, just less than half of the public would wear masks inside stores.
    This is stunning for me to read. In my state, we were required to wear masks in stores since April. You could not enter and they had people at the door checking. I was wearing one even before it was mandated. All I had to hear was what happened with the singing choir in the state of Washington and I knew the country was in for trouble: Airborne. And that was in March.

How coronavirus spread to 87% of the singers at a Washington choir practice - CNN
    Masks matter.

MBTI
    FREE

MBTI
    INTP

Whitmer vetoes GOP-backed bill to house nursing home coronavirus patients in separate facilities - mlive.com

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would have directed COVID-19 patients to dedicated facilities instead of nursing homes with uninfected patients.

Senate Bill 956 would have required the state to inspect and designate one dedicated facility for coronavirus-positive patients in each of the state’s eight health care regions by Sept. 1.

A person who had tested positive couldn’t be transferred to a nursing home until recovered. Nursing home residents who contract coronavirus would need to be moved to a physically separate building or to the COVID-specific facility the state had designated.

Currently, the state has designated regional hubs that can either be separate facilities or separate units within nursing facilities to house COVID patients needing long-term care, but not hospitalization.

“Politics should not prevail over the health and safety of our seniors and health care workers, and I urge my colleagues in the Senate and House to consider passing a veto override,” he said. “We owe this to our citizens, especially the seniors and vulnerable members of our communities who cannot speak for themselves.”

The coronavirus has, in Michigan and elsewhere, particularly affected elderly populations. According to data released by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services last month, 34% of COVID-19 deaths in Michigan are linked to nursing homes.
    Another slow clap for Gretchen Whitmer, ladies and gentlemen.

After two hours of sleep a night for four months and seeing a member of his team contract the virus, Joseph Varon, MD, is growing exasperated.

"I'm pretty much fighting two wars: A war against COVID and a war against stupidity," Dr. Varon, MD, CMO and chief of critical care at United Memorial Medical Center in Houston, told NBC News. "And the problem is the first one, I have some hope about winning. But the second one is becoming more and more difficult."

Dr. Varon noted that whether it's information backed by science or common sense, people throughout the U.S. are not listening. "The thing that annoys me the most is that we keep on doing our best to save all these people, and then you get another batch of people that are doing exactly the opposite of what you're telling them to do."

In an interview with NPR, Dr. Varon said he has woken up at dawn every day for the past four months and has headed to the hospital. There, he spends six to 12 hours on rounds before seeing new admissions. He then returns home to sleep two hours, at most.
    Masks matter.
    Likes Vendrah liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.