• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
But you're just being pathologically pessimistic about it.

Well, if we judge by American standards reality indeed has a left wing bias. :wink:

Either way the fall will probably be quite fun wherever you are on the globe. Especially since the summer was probably the right time to limit the pandemic, because then it would perhaps be less of an uphill battle. Due to better metabolisms, no school, vacation/free time in summer ... etc.

But since this is part of your job from what I gathered I will ask you something serious. Since things are likely to get even worse does it make sense to take flu vaccine this year ? I mean we will have 2 pandemics in a few months so maybe it would be wise to remove at least one out of the picture. Even if you are young.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, if we judge by American standards reality indeed has a left wing bias. :wink:

Either way the fall will probably be quite fun wherever you are on the globe. Especially since the summer was probably the right time to limit the pandemic, because then it would perhaps be less of an uphill battle. Due to better metabolisms, no school, vacation/free time in summer ... etc.

But since this is part of your job from what I gathered I will ask you something serious. Since things are likely to get even worse does it make sense to take flu vaccine this year ? I mean we will have 2 pandemics in a few months so maybe it would be wise to remove at least one out of the picture. Even if you are young.

Yes get the flu vaccine, the sooner the better. Shipments start here this month or the beginning of September but it may be different for you. And maybe look into any boosters you need if it's been awhile - Tdap -tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis and Tetanus and diphtheria every 10 years - this is one I actually need soon.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Firm Running Coronavirus Database Refuses to Answer Senators’ Questions

A private technology company managing a new coronavirus database said a nondisclosure agreement with the Trump administration blocks it from discussing its $10.2 million contract.

[...]

Jessica Tillipman, an assistant dean at George Washington University Law School who teaches about government contracts and anticorruption, said Friday that nondisclosure agreements with government vendors were unusual.

“One of the cornerstones of the federal procurement system is transparency, so it strikes me as odd,” she said.

[...]

And one month into the new arrangement, there are questions about how useful the new database is. The Covid Tracking Project, a heavily used resource, reported this week that the federal data are “unreliable.” In comparing hospitalization data reported by the state and federal governments, the project has found large discrepancies in certain states.

“We felt like we had a very solid baseline current hospitalization number, and then after the switchover, for reasons that remain somewhat obscure to us, we suddenly saw numbers jumping around in totally different ways,” Alexis Madrigal, the project’s co-founder, said in an interview.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes get the flu vaccine, the sooner the better. Shipments start here this month or the beginning of September but it may be different for you. And maybe look into any boosters you need if it's been awhile - Tdap -tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis and Tetanus and diphtheria every 10 years - this is one I actually need soon.

I am fairly young and in fairly good health. However if in the winter I manage to catch both at the same time I am not sure how will that end.

However I think that here we don't start before September with flu vaccines. But I think that I will drag the rest of the family with me.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Covid-19 cases in US children have increased by 90% in the last four weeks, report says - CNN
"It's not fair to say that this virus is completely benign in children," said O'Leary. "We've had 90 deaths in children in the US already, in just a few months. Every year we worry about influenza in children, and there are roughly around 100 deaths in children from influenza every year."

"It's harmless for kids, let's just reopen schools" they said...and nevermind the rest of the family they fucking pass it on to...

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Exhibit A: Still just a narcissist trying to be president of the US and making decisions revolving around his self-interest while anyone with half a brain can see right through it but still has to suffer the consequences of those actions (such as compromised vaccine safety, efficiency, etc.).

Exhibit B: Creepy touchy feely dude who also happens to be kinda pedo.

Bruh, the US needs more control over who is even running in the first place.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Exhibit A: Still just a narcissist trying to be president of the US and making decisions revolving around his self-interest while anyone with half a brain can see right through it but still has to suffer the consequences of those actions (such as compromised vaccine safety, efficiency, etc.).

Exhibit B: Creepy touchy feely dude who also happens to be kinda pedo.

Bruh, the US needs more control over who is even running in the first place.

The future of American Politics is WWE...Stay tuned.

Jaguar

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I recall the drug being panned when it first came out. If memory serves me, many called it a flop. I knew they would never stand for being ignored or blown off with all that money on the line and within 24-48 hours, suddenly, all the commentary changed. The Medical Mafia doesn't take no for an answer.

The drug was made for Hep C, which didn't work but it did work for Marburg and Ebola but it's been around more than a decade. The point is that the r&d is paid by taxpayers, why should anyone pay for it again? Or buy their bullshit about having to recop costs - what costs? It's just more stock buyback and stockholder $$

At least it's a anti-viral, which is much better than trying to treat a new virus with a drug used to fight a parasite.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stepfather's daughter-in-law is an idiot with 3 small children, one only 2 months old, who doesn't think all the precautions are necessary. And who went over to my mother's house, despite my mother and stepfather both being extremely high risk.

I think I'm going to have to force my mother to practice what's she's going to say/do if they want to come over again. It's not okay. I haven't seen my mother in person in like 6 months because I'm trying to be very careful and was actually planning that since neither of us had been out of our houses in the last few weeks, that it would be safe for us to see each other. But now it's not. My mom agrees with me, but she caves so easily.

Jaguar

The drug was made for Hep C, which didn't work but it did work for Marburg and Ebola but it's been around more than a decade. The point is that the r&d is paid by taxpayers, why should anyone pay for it again? Or buy their bullshit about having to recop costs - what costs? It's just more stock buyback and stockholder $$

Actually, Gilead's stock isn't doing that great. I certainly don't own any shares.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Stepfather's daughter-in-law is an idiot with 3 small children, one only 2 months old, who doesn't think all the precautions are necessary. And who went over to my mother's house, despite my mother and stepfather both being extremely high risk.

I think I'm going to have to force my mother to practice what's she's going to say/do if they want to come over again. It's not okay. I haven't seen my mother in person in like 6 months because I'm trying to be very careful and was actually planning that since neither of us had been out of our houses in the last few weeks, that it would be safe for us to see each other. But now it's not. My mom agrees with me, but she caves so easily.

You on this thread?
Welcome to the thread :uwin::banana:

You are right, its tough but its the right thing to do.

Jaguar

(CNN)The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill abruptly decided it will no longer hold in-person classes on campus after about 130 students tested positive for Covid-19 in the first week since classes began.
As of Monday morning, 177 students were in isolation and 349 were in quarantine, both on and off campus. The stunning rise in cases, just a week after classes began, illustrate the speed of Covid-19 and the difficulties of bringing young people into proximity during the pandemic, even as students begin their return to college campuses.

Did you really expect something different?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Our numbers have risen back to May levels. According to the Robert Koch Institut about a third of new infections are people who got infected abroad (directly, not by somebody who returned from abroad). The Balkans seem to be where most of these broad-in infections come from: Kosovo, Turkey, Serbia and Bulgaria are the main sources. The proble is that there are no hotspots but rather widespread infection (as predicted). *sigh*

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there might be a pretty good argument to be had about Carson flushing his career (which is ...what exactly?) down the shitter before Trump, by virtue of simply being batshit crazy on record before 2016. Which no doubt, more or less, explains the tight Trump administration affiliation.

I guess it's a chicken/egg thing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think there might be a pretty good argument to be had about Carson flushing his career (which is ...what exactly?) down the shitter before Trump, by virtue of simply being batshit crazy on record before 2016. Which no doubt, more or less, explains the tight Trump administration affiliation.

I guess it's a chicken/egg thing.

Pediatric neurosurgeon. But I wouldn't let him clip my cat's nails at this point.