• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to quell overpopulation?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It has all been on our minds, but what are the reasonable solutions?

I for one, think allowing natural selection take place is among the top solutions to over-population. Now I am not talking about letting everyone die that cannot defend themselves, but allowing peoples who cannot adapt, to survive without interference. Whether through political or spiritual reasons.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Put something in the water to make humans infertile.
jk

Lark

Overpopulation is a lie perpetuated by racists, sectarians and wealthy class warriors.

From the days of Thomas Malthus right up to the present.

Among one of the best responses to it that I've read was Charles Dicken's Christmas Carol.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Colonize Mars and this problem goes away.

rav3n

The global fertility rate was already below 2.5 by 2017, compared to 4.6+ in 1950. It's self-quelling.

_104243240_global_fertility_rates_gra640-nc.png

'Remarkable' decline in fertility rates - BBC News

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It has all been on our minds, but what are the reasonable solutions?

I for one, think allowing natural selection take place is among the top solutions to over-population. Now I am not talking about letting everyone die that cannot defend themselves, but allowing peoples who cannot adapt, to survive without interference. Whether through political or spiritual reasons.
Well, we can start my making effective birth control cheap and readily available.

Do your "people who cannot adapt" include those with physical or mental conditions that require services or accommodations in excess of what the average person requires?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Abandon obsolete capitalism and adopt post-scarcity economics and this problem goes away too.
Sure fine, but that help us fly in spaceships? My way is still just a smidgeon better because my way includes spaceships.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The global fertility rate was already below 2.5 by 2017, compared to 4.6+ in 1950. It's self-quelling.

That's about what I was thinking. Countries getting more developed tends to be correlated with declining birthrates. IIRC, the UN has projected that the earth's population will top out around mid-century and then start tapering off toward 2100.

There are already countries having problems with fertility rates dropping significantly below the typical replacement level of 2.1 per woman.

Sure fine, but that help us fly in spaceships? My way is still just a smidgeon better because my way includes spaceships.
Limozeen ... but they're in space! :D

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sterilize Republicans. Especially since so many of them don't believe in birth control to begin with.

Overpopulation is a lie perpetuated by racists, sectarians and wealthy class warriors.

From the days of Thomas Malthus right up to the present.

Among one of the best responses to it that I've read was Charles Dicken's Christmas Carol.

Yeah, it's horseshit. Most of the growth in population countries is in the developing world. Doesn't most of that show signs of going down, anyway?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow.. I don't remember making this thread at all.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
For once, we agree. There is all the diversity you need among Democrats. Republicans are just a waste of resources.

I feel like the world would fall apart without republicans. As soon as any democrat got their first flat tire, they'd just have to park it where it was and walk from then on out.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
When humanities true masters return they shall find the banquet all prepared, a lavish feast of domesticated humans, compliant, fearful, isolated, and ripe for the harvest. Most humans practically slaughter themselves to be served up.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This graph is misleading, as the only countries with declining fertility rates are usually western countries, and some first world Asian ones. You got people in Africa having 7 kids on average.

This can mean eventually foreign aide cannot keep up with Africa, due to the lack of being able to produce enough resources to counter their famines and everyone dies out. So essentially, it can all work out.