• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Impeachment Thread

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is to discuss all matters related to the potential impeachment of the president of the United States.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
but clinton

There. I just summed up the entire discussion in two words from all angles.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Probably a fake but ....

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Let's see. We can't know the name of the "whistleblower"; President Trump can't even face his accuser. We can't know if this "whistleblower" has political motives. It's been leaked that the guy has a "working relationship" with Biden. That sounds like a much bigger attempt to undermine an election that the whole Ukraine quid pro quo allegation.

Yesterday, a panel of 4 Constitutional law experts gave testimony before some House Committee. Three of the panel were picked by Democrats. At least one of them has donated to Hillary Clinton. Gee, maybe that's evidence of a bias?

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is on video threatening to withhold $1 billion in aid to Ukraine if they don't fire a prosecutor that's investigating Biden's son; this is considered perfectly acceptable by the Dems. Ha ha, you can't make this stuff up. The Dems are so disgusting corrupt and partisan, they sicken many, many Americans.

Pelosi has said that impeachment would not proceed if it wasn't bipartisan; there isn't a single GOP Congressman supporting this. Yet, the liar Pelosi is still pushing forward. See, many Americans see this and it just doesn't look good.

Bottom Line: there is no evidence, zero evidence that Trump threatened the Ukrainian president. The transcript of the call has been released. Go read it yourself. The allegations of a quid pro quo are just "presumptions" by some idiot ambassador. This is an attempted coup by the Dems. They don't want to dispirit the rabid and sick Dem base, so they have no choice but to go forward, but it's only going to fire up the GOP base and piss off Independents.

You'd think there was no other news going on around the world but Trump the last 3 years if you watched CNN and MSNBC.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but clinton There. I just summed up the entire discussion in two words from all angles.
I could be wrong but it seems to me that given the two things:
1. President has oral sex with an intern and lies about it
2. President puts his own personal political interests above those of US national security; holds up 400m to a foreign country to defend against the Russians in violation of law while asking for an investigation of his political opponent.

2 is way worse. There is absolutely no comparison. Back in the 90s the majority of Americans didn't care that much about Clinton lying. Who wouldnt lie in his position?
It would be one thing if #2 were in isolation. The issue is there is a pattern of extremely poor decisions from a foreign policy standpoint focused on Trump's self interest vs the interest of the US.

I'm a Republican and I approve of this message.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could be wrong but it seems to me that given the two things:
1. President has oral sex with an intern and lies about it
2. President puts his own personal political interests above those of US national security; holds up 400m to a foreign country to defend against the Russians in violation of law while asking for an investigation of his political opponent.

2 is way worse. There is absolutely no comparison. Back in the 90s the majority of Americans didn't care that much about Clinton lying. Who wouldnt lie in his position?
It would be one thing if #2 were in isolation. The issue is there is a pattern of extremely poor decisions from a foreign policy standpoint focused on Trump's self interest vs the interest of the US.

Oh, I agree with you. I just said that I expected the conversation to mostly circle back to Clinton from one POV or another.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Impeachment in a nutshell:

>35 reasons why Trump sucks

"Any reason why Trump should be impeached?

>35 more reasons why I don't like Trump with zero evidence on grounds for impeachment because I said so .

Anyone who takes these people seriously should turn in their thinker cards.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Any reason why Trump should be impeached?

>35 more reasons why I don't like Trump with zero evidence on grounds for impeachment because I said so .

Anyone who takes these people seriously should turn in their thinker cards.

Well, there's bribery mentioned in some silly document called the Constitution. But I guess it's ridiculous to expect conservatives to actually care about adhering to the traditions and laws of a country rather than a bizarre cult of personality.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, there's bribery mentioned in some silly document called the Constitution. But I guess it's ridiculous to expect conservatives to actually care about adhering to the traditions and laws of a country rather than a bizarre cult of personality.

What bribery? This is a prime example of seeing what you want to see, instead of using your eyes. Trump bribed no one, and there was no quid pro quo. They have changed the "accusation" five times now. This is a circus purely to try to sabotage the next election. Nothing more.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love watching the Democrats and Republicans in government destroy each other. I hate them both. I hope Trump is eventually removed from office and the Dems subsequently lose Congress. Then an airplane piloted by terrorists crashes into the capital and wipes out whoever is left.

Then both parties start fresh and hopefully some people with more tegridy get elected to Congress, regardless of party.

Teeegrideeeee weeeee-uuuhd

#Amash Omar 2020

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they're all corrupt... this seems like a case of "when you point a finger, you have three pointing back at you"... unless they plan to wipe the slate and start fresh (kick the entire current batch of elected officials), what is the point (point, hah)? at least when trump fucks up it feels less planned and more accidental... when trump does something dumb, it looks like he had a random gut feeling and ran with it... sure, he is sort of a selfish asshole who is fully self absorbed (as far as i can tell)... who isn't these days? the core problems in my mind are the parties that select these people, and the voters that don't demand better alternatives... one thing i can say for trump: i don't think he is part of the established problem... he is a different animal... the democrats and republicans are fucking us from both ends, but people only seem upset about what is happening to "their half"... the problem isn't isolated... impeaching him is a poor decision, but not as bad as electing him... he is far better than hillary (as i always say when he comes up)...