User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

Thankfully I have the Australian Open to counterbalance the opening statement made by Trump's lemming lawyers.
    Let it rip.

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Turdbag Starr is blathering and it's difficult to figure out what his points are. Does anyone understand what he was getting at when he rambled about the Senate taking an oath of impartiality? Was he basically arguing against it, saying it's not possible? (And so we shouldn't expect it?) Because that's kinda how it sounded, but it wasn't clear.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Turdbag Starr is blathering and it's difficult to figure out what his points are. Does anyone understand what he was getting at when he rambled about the Senate taking an oath of impartiality. Was he basically arguing against it, saying it's not possible? (And so we shouldn't expect it?) Because that's kinda how it sounded, but it wasn't clear.
    Fuck Starr. What a goddamned hack.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Lol^.

(Glad to hear it's not just me. It's painful.)

“Imperial house”

It’s called checks and balances, dipshit

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Fuck Starr. What a goddamned hack.
    So far (imo) Philbin is the only one who isn't part of their Cavalcade Of Hacks. I don't know enough about the law to know whether the bulk of his statements have any merit, but I'm hoping to catch a follow-up somewhere about it. Even if there's merit in what he's saying though, he's basically just explaining an effective loophole - *not* making a strong case for Trump's innocence. (Kind of like when a criminal is let off on a technicality, like not getting their Miranda Rights).

Bondi basically tried turning it into a trial about Hunter Biden. (Even if everything said is true, it doesn't prove much for Trump's innocence - it's just deflection).

In an unpublished version of Bolton’s book "The Room Where It Happened" reported by the New York Times on Sunday, Bolton said Trump told him he wanted to continue withholding nearly $400 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials in Ukraine helped investigate Democrats, including former Vice President Joe Biden.
    Wait, he wanted other Dems investigated besides Joe? What is this, the freaking mafia?

“It's pretty fair to say that John Bolton has a relevant testimony to provide to those of us who are sitting in impartial justice,” Romney said. GOP Sen. Susan Collins said the reports about Bolton's book "strengthen the case for witnesses."
    Let it rip.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

From Saturday's opening remarks by Sekulow and Philbin, we learn that Trump withheld aid to 7 countries, so it wasn't just Ukraine. The 2 reasons given are the same: burden sharing and corruption. There is a large amount of evidence that burden sharing and corruption was discussed multiple times way before the Ukraine phone call; there is zero evidence that Ukraine officials knew that aid was withheld until after a Politico article stated that it was.

I don't doubt that Bolton's claim is correct: that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden's son before releasing aid, but Trump never did that. The withholding period of 55 days is still within the legal limit of disbursing the aid. Dems say that's only because Trump's scheme was uncovered, but so what. An intent to commit a criminal or unethical act is very different from the act itself. You can't impeach a President because you suspect he has bad intent; that's garbage. No crime or unethical act was committed.

Basically, Trump is right. This is just a witch hunt by crazed Democrats who don't think they can beat him in November.
    It's girl scout cookie selling season which means I have to sprint out of the supermarket without making eye contact with those cookie peddlers.
    Likes Maou liked this post

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    From Saturday's opening remarks by Sekulow and Philbin, we learn that Trump withheld aid to 7 countries, so it wasn't just Ukraine. The 2 reasons given are the same: burden sharing and corruption. There is a large amount of evidence that burden sharing and corruption was discussed multiple times way before the Ukraine phone call; there is zero evidence that Ukraine officials knew that aid was withheld until after a Politico article stated that it was.

I don't doubt that Bolton's claim is correct: that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden's son before releasing aid, but Trump never did that. The withholding period of 55 days is still within the legal limit of disbursing the aid. Dems say that's only because Trump's scheme was uncovered, but so what. An intent to commit a criminal or unethical act is very different from the act itself. You can't impeach a President because you suspect he has bad intent; that's garbage. No crime or unethical act was committed.
    No offense, but in some cases, intent to commit a crime is still a crime. Conspiracy, attempted murder are still crimes.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi