• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Impeachment Thread

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I have only met one person who comes across as very level-headed and still doesn't see the evidence as damning. If they don't have the parasocial interaction misplaced trust thing going on, then I think any mob boss would be insanely lucky to have these people in their jury.

Good on you for trying to understand an alien way of thinking, and it's a compelling idea, but I don't think trump supporters feel any kind of connection with Trump. He's just too weird, even to us. I probably don't have to explain how void of empathy he comes across as to you, and it's the same person his supporters see. We just appreciate the things he does. Most of them are exactly what we hoped he would do (not all of them), so we feel very much like we got what we paid for with our votes- tax cuts (especially the obamacare mandate), more relaxed regulation and a robust economy, non-activist SCOTUS judges, etc. Plus the rate at which he will pander to his base gives it the impression that it has his ear, and he's listening. The constant tweeting makes him seem open and transparent- which was everything I hoped out of Obama when he was elected. We don't have to like him as a person to appreciate what he's done for us. My girlfriend is a major leftist- we don't talk politics- but I've noticed she has this thing where she refuses to appreciate anyone's contributions to society (Taylor Swift's music, for example) if she judges them as "mean" or "a bad person." Myself, I've always had a soft spot for plot device characters that seem to carry their own agenda, but along the way end up doing a lot of good things- Doc Holiday, Golem, The Road Warrior, etc.

As far as how this relates to impeachment, think about it like this- if Obama was the president in 2010, and it was possible that Trump was going to run against him in the midterms, and that he suggested at some point that Ukraine look into Trump's son for something shady or corruption related- before giving Ukraine aid, then just giving it to them anyway regardless, would you consider that grounds for impeachment? How much of how vile this particular offense seems is tied to a negative opinion of both him, and the things he has done for the people that voted for him? I imagine disliking everything about him HAS to have some kind of bias inducing factor here. It's the only thing that makes sense to US. To us it seems like it doesn't matter what excuse people on the left can find to hang him, so long as he gets hung. :unsure:

For all the horrible things he was supposed to do- install himself as dictator, enact nuclear war, enslave women and minorities- this is the worst we can come up with? And we are coming up with it...four years later...still to prevent those things?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to Wikipedia:

She's saying it wasn't a literal rape and that her claim was without merit. Anything else?

Here’s a list. And yes it’s PBS but they’re just citing other news sources:

All the assault allegations against Donald Trump, recapped | PBS NewsHour

Personally I don’t make much of rape allegations. I thought the Kavanaugh hearings were a massive shit show based on he said-she said. Show me a police report, and let’s have due process before jumping to judgment about Bill or Brett or any of these asshats. I just find it peculiar how you seem to have a double standard regarding allegations against Clinton and those against Trump.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ivana was stupid enough to sign a confidentiality clause which prevented her from talking about her marriage, of course she had to retract her rape claim. Doesn't mean the rape didn't happen.

He’s just grasping at straws because he’s been called on a blatant double standard. I fucking hate the Clintons but I’m sick of sanctimonious Trump supporters who repeatedly talk of the allegations against Bill and the Clintons’ corruption whilst giving Trump a free pass and dismissing any similar allegations and corruption accusations as left wing media lies.

The selective outrage doesn’t impress me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He’s just grasping at straws because he’s been called on a blatant double standard. I fucking hate the Clintons but I’m sick of sanctimonious Trump supporters who repeatedly talk of the allegations against Bill and the Clintons’ corruption whilst giving Trump a free pass and dismissing any similar allegations and corruption accusations as left wing media lies.

The behavior manages to be ridiculous as well as tiresome and predictable.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Democrat Maxine Waters called for impeachment months before the Mueller Report was released. How is that not evidence of bias?

Suppose it was President Biden who called for withholding of aid to Ukraine unless the President of Ukraine did him a favor. Would the Dems still support impeachment? Oh wait, he did do that as VP and the Dems didn't care, lol.

We know that Adam Schiff's staff met with the "whistleblower" before the charges were launched. What was discussed between Schiff's team and the "whistleblower"? Why the lack of transparency?

Dems always allege that Trump divides the nation; isn't this partisan witchhunt dividing the nation? They're trying to impeach a President who has over 90% approval with his base. Does this impeachment nonsense unify or divide the nation?

Speculation isn't evidence.

Were you there when Broadrock was allegedly raped?

Were you there when the women accusing Trump of various misconduct were allegedly violated?

It’s ALL speculation. Why are you so quick to make a judgment on the former, yet shrug off the latter?

I’m just looking for some consistency

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good on you for trying to understand an alien way of thinking, and it's a compelling idea, but I don't think trump supporters feel any kind of connection with Trump. He's just too weird, even to us. I probably don't have to explain how void of empathy he comes across as to you, and it's the same person his supporters see.

Don't give me too much credit. The one person I mentioned as being level-headed and against impeachment is actually no longer a Trump supporter. He says he's seen too much questionable stuff at this point and that if someone would likely get fired from Kinko's for a certain kind of behavior then the certainly don't deserve the office of POTUS. (Not verbatim, he had a more diplomatic way of saying it, but he's no longer a Trump supporter). I do appreciate how steadfast and reasonable he is in conversation though, because he's given a valuable glimpse of what the other side looks like. There are too many people who get into political conversations as if pettifogging is a competitive sport - on both sides - whether they know it or not. I generally block people out once it becomes relatively clear to me that's all they're engaging in conversation for.

As far as how this relates to impeachment, think about it like this- if Obama was the president in 2010, and it was possible that Trump was going to run against him in the midterms, and that he suggested at some point that Ukraine look into Trump's son for something shady or corruption related- before giving Ukraine aid, then just giving it to them anyway regardless, would you consider that grounds for impeachment?

First of all, he "gave it to them anyway" because he got caught. The aid got released after he got caught.

Secondly, add in all the other elements - like if it were proven that an unusual effort was immediately put forth to hide the conversation, if as many people involved came forward to state that it was rather clearly quid pro quo, if the Obama team clung to some story about the Ukraine being involved in 2016 election tampering to justify the concern despite all the intelligence agencies saying it's not true *and* those same agencies stating very clearly that it's been proven Russia interfered and not much of any concern was shown by the same administration for the latter (only showing concern for 2016 election interference that worked against them ...even though the Ukraine interference didn't even happen, let's entertain the fantasy that it did: it'd still be fucked up to show far more concern about interference that worked against them), if Obama had adult children who were basically doing the same thing he was accusing Trump's children of doing in the first place, etc - then hell yes I'd consider it grounds for impeachment.

But then, when Clinton committed perjury about getting a blow job, I agreed impeachment was necessary in that case too - at the time, I agreed with it, and still do. It's not a partisan thing to me. POTUS is an important office and the standards really, really ought to be held higher.

How much of how vile this particular offense seems is tied to a negative opinion of both him, and the things he has done for the people that voted for him? I imagine disliking everything about him HAS to have some kind of bias inducing factor here. It's the only thing that makes sense to US. To us it seems like it doesn't matter what excuse people on the left can find to hang him, so long as he gets hung. :unsure:

Yes, this certainly seems to be the battle cry that's being used to deflect any serious consideration or conversation about any of it.

I mean, one of the most interesting things about this to me is that there's this implication that Trump hasn't actually merited all the hate being thrown at him. As if it's not there because of how he behaves and what he says - he makes himself out to be some huge victim for being the most hated president in US history, like he did nothing to cause it. Like he didn't make that bed, so he shouldn't have to lie in it. But he DID make that bed. He continues to make that bed, hourly, with his tweets. So let's suppose for a moment that this accusation about only wanting to impeach him because we hate him so much carries sufficient weight (even though it doesn't): it's STILL the bed HE made. He'll have been the first president in US history to be impeached out of pure hate, and he did it to himself. FFS, at least own that? :laugh:

But again, the hate isn't the reason for the impeachment. If anything, the hate caused impeachment to take too long. He obstructed in the Mueller Investigation - and if perjury over a blow job is just cause for impeachment, then obstruction into an FBI investigation about foreign power helping him win the election sure as hell is. (For anyone interested in getting news from the actual Mueller Report, and not simply 45's twitter feed or Fox news - obstruction did occur).

For all the horrible things he was supposed to do- install himself as dictator, enact nuclear war, enslave women and minorities- this is the worst we can come up with? And we are coming up with it...four years later...still to prevent those things?

Let's say a manager at the local Subway isn't a mass murderer, terrorist or pedophile ....does that mean he shouldn't be fired for the lesser crime of stealing? Or at least officially cited if he abused his authority (for example, only gave someone a job if prospective employee did him a personal favor)?

Jaguar

#5: Trump never asked anyone in Ukraine for an investigation that would condemn the Bidens, only for the facts. This is reasonable — both parties should know if the former vice-president, now a leading candidate for the Democratic nomination, acted improperly in Ukraine or not. There is no actual evidence that Trump tied release of aid to Ukraine to such an investigation (even witnesses called forth by Democrats readily admit that this narrative was merely a "presumption" on their part). President Zelensky of Ukraine denies it, the aid was released, and to date there's still no investigation to speak of. The Democrats may have hearsay, conjecture, presumptions, anonymous "whistle blowers" and a media blow horn to boot — but still no high crimes and misdemeanors.

Hell, Ambassador Sondland wouldn't even agree with your post since he testified the opposite of what your claim. And Trump appointed the guy. Get your facts straight, whippersnapper.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
There are too many people who get into political conversations as if pettifogging is a competitive sport - on both sides - whether they know it or not. I generally block people out once it becomes relatively clear to me that's all they're engaging in conversation for.

Pettifogging- that's a new one to me. I typically just ignore/change the subject when people start digging into that business- because what's the point? You're not winning anyone over, nobody is going to concede defeat, so it's mostly a waste of breath. I believe there's perfectly level headed people on the left who come to their conclusions on Trump and things like this with perfectly acceptable rationality- despite many of my politically allied peers dismissing them as insane (which I also get), but it is extremely hard to find people on the left that share this level of perception or understanding for people on the right. The ones that do usually get cannibalized. Those that make some kind of effort (like you) don't seem to be doing it quite right, and ultimately default back to blind bigotry as a consequence. We're going to need to bridge the gap sooner or later. I don't know when it was that the right got to be more liberal in thought than the left, but as someone who has always been a very liberal thinker, it was a pretty convenient transition for my fiscally conservative principals to fall into 'the best of both worlds' and finally have a way to lean (right) instead of having to just sit in the middle with favored facets from both directions.

People on the right, myself included, don't care about impeaching Trump because we have never been given any indication that the people pushing for it are doing so with even the slightest degree of good faith. There is absolutely zero faith from people on the right in the process- and that's a big problem. It's why I said way back when that the whole circus is completely pointless without bipartisanship. To draw an inverted comparison again- if Breitbart News came after Obama and hosted a bunch of accusations and experts, how much would you care/watch/believe in the provided context and framework, given the source? The reaction to Trump since his election has been astounding. The hate doesn't hurt him. It helps him. He could now quite literally shoot someone walking down the street in broad daylight, and nobody on the right would believe it because they would just assume the hateful left fabricated it. I care about people on the left, and I care about justice- it's sad to me to see how dangerously unraveled they have become, and like Trump they have to own up to their own actions as well. The media made Trump, and now seems hell bent on empowering him. People need to start turning that shit off and pursuing their own lives. Calm it down some.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Officer Ed Powell said:
Were you there when the women accusing Trump of various misconduct were allegedly violated?

It’s ALL speculation. Why are you so quick to make a judgment on the former, yet shrug off the latter?

I’m just looking for some consistency

There is a pattern of behavior with Clinton. He settled with Paula Jones and he's friends with Jeffrey Epstein.

You really should read Christopher Hitchens book about the Clintons. Monica Lewinsky was asking Clinton why he didn't settle sooner and Clinton allegedly said "Because there are hundreds."

There is no such pattern of behavior with Kavanaugh. In addition, I've heard Juanita Broaderick interviewed and tell the story several times; she sounds credible.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Officer Ed Powell said:
Here’s a list. And yes it’s PBS but they’re just citing other news sources:

All the assault allegations against Donald Trump, recapped | PBS NewsHour

"news sources" isn't evidence. Where's the corroborating evidence? Dems like Jussie Smollett have been known to make up shit in order to smear Republicans.
Personally I don’t make much of rape allegations. I thought the Kavanaugh hearings were a massive shit show based on he said-she said. Show me a police report, and let’s have due process before jumping to judgment about Bill or Brett or any of these asshats. I just find it peculiar how you seem to have a double standard regarding allegations against Clinton and those against Trump.

There you go. I don't for a minute think that the news media would avoid reporting on these allegations around the clock if any of them were credible. It's funny how these accusers just pop up when Trump becomes president. In fact, there's a high probability that many of these accusers were paid to lie by some agent (a fixer) of Hillary.

Jaguar

I wouldn't be too quick to demand a police report for anything or use it as evidence. Some of those fellas have no problem falsifying information, whatsoever. I've seen it. They belong in jail, themselves.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is a pattern of behavior with Clinton. He settled with Paula Jones and he's friends with Jeffrey Epstein.

You really should read Christopher Hitchens book about the Clintons. Monica Lewinsky was asking Clinton why he didn't settle sooner and Clinton allegedly said "Because there are hundreds."

There is no such pattern of behavior with Kavanaugh. In addition, I've heard Juanita Broaderick interviewed and tell the story several times; she sounds credible.

Settling out of court is not necessarily an admission of guilt though. People settle in various types of cases all the time, often just to avoid the high legal costs and a lengthy trial process that’s sure to bring them a lot of negative attention

What I see with Clinton is not necessarily a pattern of behavior but a pattern of accusations (many of which weren’t made until he himself was running for higher office). I’d argue the same is true with Trump. I’m not going to rush to believe them for either person, because I wasn’t there, nor was I a police officer or lawyer involved. Why are you so quick to believe all of those against one man yet shrug off those against the other as hit jobs? Again, were you there?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't be too quick to demand a police report for anything or use it as evidence. Some of those fellas have no problem falsifying information, whatsoever. I've seen it. They belong in jail, themselves.

I don’t necessarily believe police reports. But I’m trying to understand why tellenbach is so obviously biased in his approach to either of these guys’ alleged misconduct

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pettifogging- that's a new one to me.

I'm referring to the people who systematically demonstrate zero interest in listening and participate in conversations exclusively to be heard. They go into conversations with stationary talking points and display such a clear and dogmatic focus on shooting down absolutely any opposing view and willfully misunderstanding the other side that they've become blind to how weak their argument is. They've lost objectivity and the capacity to consider how what they're saying might sound to the other side. In proper debate, the best strategy is to understand the other side so well that you could effectively make their argument for them, and then build on that. There isn't anywhere near enough of this going on anywhere in this country.

I typically just ignore/change the subject when people start digging into that business- because what's the point? You're not winning anyone over, nobody is going to concede defeat, so it's mostly a waste of breath.

Exactly. I realize I'm impatient, and I typically stop bothering to read someone's posts once I catch more than a couple whiffs of the above mentioned overzealous competitive pettifogging. I've tried sorting through it for a glimpse of understanding of the other side, but where it's really strong it's like being trapped in a small room with someone else's farts. It does make a big difference when someone else is at least trying though.

I believe there's perfectly level headed people on the left who come to their conclusions on Trump and things like this with perfectly acceptable rationality- despite many of my politically allied peers dismissing them as insane (which I also get), but it is extremely hard to find people on the left that share this level of perception or understanding for people on the right. The ones that do usually get cannibalized. Those that make some kind of effort (like you) don't seem to be doing it quite right, and ultimately default back to blind bigotry as a consequence.

LOL. And not in an antagonistic way. I mean, I'd kinda describe you the same way. It's like understanding almost happens, but then you seem hit a wall. I've actually gotten the impression that a big part of the problem is referring to issues from the vantage point of generalities ("more regulation" vs. "less regulation"), and that there actually might be a surprising amount of agreement if we broke it down into very specific components. Because the generalities become emotionally charged buzz words that don't really do justice (for the sake of dialogue) in either direction to what they're supposed to represent.

What are some specific examples of the blind bigotry that I or others here default back to?

We're going to need to bridge the gap sooner or later. I don't know when it was that the right got to be more liberal in thought than the left, but as someone who has always been a very liberal thinker, it was a pretty convenient transition for my fiscally conservative principals to fall into 'the best of both worlds' and finally have a way to lean (right) instead of having to just sit in the middle with favored facets from both directions.

What exactly do you mean? (My first assumption is that maybe you are referring to "cancel culture" here or SJW policing? Because I find that exhausting as well. But there are too many ways to interpret "liberal" to make assumptions, so specific clarification would help).

People on the right, myself included, don't care about impeaching Trump because we have never been given any indication that the people pushing for it are doing so with even the slightest degree of good faith.

What exactly would that look like? Because I personally think Pelosi has actually been cautious and measured about impeachment, only finally moving forward with an inquiry when news broke about the Ukraine. The Mueller investigation wasn't a "witch hunt"; lots of people were indicted, lots of evidence was found that Russia did indeed interfere with the 2016 election and that they were continuing to interfere. I mean, it genuinely looks like the only way to appear to be 'coming from good faith' is to ...let Trump get away with anything he wants? I realize that incessant attempts to hold him accountable for his toddler-style bullying and pathological lying might provide a backdrop that shades the more substantial complaints in bad faith (and I don't know what to say about that, because I don't think his toddler-style bullying and pathological lying should be acceptable for a POTUS). But how is it even possible to complain about the more consequential stuff?

Can you give a hypothetical example of a complaint against Trump for these things that would seem reasonable and a demonstration of good faith to you? What needs to happen for it to seem like it's coming from good faith?

There is absolutely zero faith from people on the right in the process- and that's a big problem. It's why I said way back when that the whole circus is completely pointless without bipartisanship. To draw an inverted comparison again- if Breitbart News came after Obama and hosted a bunch of accusations and experts, how much would you care/watch/believe in the provided context and framework, given the source?

I'm not sure what to do with this question because Breitbart is so far right on the bias spectrum. I can tell you that I don't give Huffington Post or Daily Kos more weight than I give Breitbart or Fox. But the New York Times or Washington Post - if all the more centric sources started saying the same thing about him, and backing up their claims with proof, I wouldn't flee into Mother Jones/Huffinton Post/Buzzfeed out of blind loyalty to Obama and start claiming everything except the far left sources couldn't be trusted. So I just don't get it. (And people who only have faith in either far end of the spectrum get immediately chucked into "competitive pettifogging" purgatory, I have a hard time believing they deserve to be paid any attention to).

The reaction to Trump since his election has been astounding.

But he does it to himself. I don't think it's a conscious strategy (I don't think he's anywhere near that smart), but he created that reaction to himself with his own behavior.

Do you really not see that he provokes it himself? Do you really think the onus of this conflict is all on the people whom he has effectively antagonized, and he's not responsible for the hate he's incited against himself?

While I find Bill Maher a bit more vitriolic than is necessary (and it impedes the message he's trying to get across), I think this piece (starting around 2:31) captures the mystifying aspect well.

The vindictive part of me hopes Biden does win - and we take the Senate and the House - and that senile dementia immediately takes over, so we can spend the next four years doing exactly the same in return. When he starts wandering around the White House lawn without pants and one banana in his hand - talking to it like he's talking into a telephone - and another banana sticking halfway out his ass, and the banana he's talking into is suspiciously brown (like maybe he switches back and forth between the two); we'll deflect all observations about it as "Biden Derangement Syndrome" and insist all criticism is just confirmation bias distorting the other side's judgement, making mountains out of molehills without realizing they're doing it, with all Dems in Congress lining up to hardcore enable the en masse gaslighting. (Fortunately the vindictive part of me is only 2-3%, and I recognize this would actually be a very bad thing).

The hate doesn't hurt him. It helps him.

Yes, this is clear. And using the chaos one stirs up to one's own advantage like this is actually a trademark of malignant narcissism. Whether or not the label "malignant narcissist" is attached to him, the behavior is there: he stirs up hate towards himself by being a juvenile shithead - narcissists are grand masters of provoking, of knowing exactly what to say to get another person/party riled up and then playing stupid about it and pointing to the anger they caused as a reason the other person/party shouldn't be taken seriously - and then uses that hate to convince his base that the single only reason the left is saying bad things about him is because they hate him. It's not. We do hate him, but there are legitimate issues (e.g. Mueller investigation was not a "witch hunt", and so much more) that he needs to be held accountable for. And by crying - like a toddler - about how hated he is and how much "fake news" picks on him, he HAS effectively managed to avoid taking accountability for ANYTHING to his base. He seems to systematically convince his base there's nothing for him to take accountability for, and that everyone (Dems, "never Trumpers, haters, etc) who attempts to point out something he's done that's unacceptable is only doing it because they hate him. Every witness who said something that works against him in the impeachment hearings is only saying what they did because there is so much "hate" for him. It's not true, but his base seems to be swallowing it whole.

He could now quite literally shoot someone walking down the street in broad daylight, and nobody on the right would believe it because they would just assume the hateful left fabricated it. I care about people on the left, and I care about justice- it's sad to me to see how dangerously unraveled they have become, and like Trump they have to own up to their own actions as well. The media made Trump, and now seems hell bent on empowering him. People need to start turning that shit off and pursuing their own lives. Calm it down some.

I agree with this. I actually get wound up seeing far left headlines, because it's just helping him. I believe there's a very strong argument against him and it's getting drowned out by histrionics. We need to boost the signal and cut down on the noise, and far left sources only contribute noise.

And the Dem candidates also need to dial it down a notch or two on the PC/SJW coddling. Because Trump/McConnell et al know how to turn that into noise too. But this is kind of a side tangent.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to Wikipedia:

She's saying it wasn't a literal rape and that her claim was without merit. Anything else?

There is an entire Wikipedia page on it. "Sexual misconduct allegations have been made against Trump by at least 22 women. "

Donald Trump sexual misconduct allegations - Wikipedia

1 Accusations filed in court against Trump
1.1 E. Jean Carroll (1995 or 1996)
1.2 Ivana Trump (1989)
1.3 Jill Harth (1992)
1.4 Summer Zervos (2007)
1.5 Alva Johnson (2019)

4 Public allegations since 2016
4.1 Jessica Leeds (1980s)
4.2 Kristin Anderson (1990s)
4.3 Lisa Boyne (1996)
4.4 Cathy Heller (1997)
4.5 Temple Taggart McDowell (1997)
4.6 Karena Virginia (1998)
4.7 Mindy McGillivray (2003)
4.8 Jennifer Murphy (2005)
4.9 Rachel Crooks (2005)
4.10 Natasha Stoynoff (2005)
4.11 Juliet Huddy (2005 or 2006)
4.12 Jessica Drake (2006)
4.13 Ninni Laaksonen (2006)
4.14 Cassandra Searles (2013)

Deprecator

Where's the corroborating evidence?
Indeed, I find it interesting how Trump critics on this forum claim that it's "ALL speculation", when the fact of the matter is that we actually have video footage capturing at least one of the allegations cited by highlander.

Now, should the alleged victim in question be entitled to a 7 figure pay day because she was sexually assaulted/ forcibly kissed without her consent, or did our self-acclaimed victim here merely receive an innocuous peck on the cheek after leaning forward, and then afterward decided that she wanted a shot at her 10 minutes of fame before trying to milk the encounter for all it was worth?

In any event, I find it interesting how four times now you've used the word "credible" when referring to allegations, and for whatever reason people here want to ignore your repeated use of this word and instead respond by citing literally any allegation at all as if it was somehow "proof" of your "double standard".

Hell, Ambassador Sondland wouldn't even agree with your post since he testified the opposite of what your claim. And Trump appointed the guy. Get your facts straight, whippersnapper.
Which specific part of my post do you feel that Sondland wouldn't agree with? (I only ask because for whatever reason you've neglected to provide any video/ transcript of any kind that might help explain where you're coming from here).

So be honest now Jaguar... did you actually watch any of Sondland's testimony, or do you just blindly accept any random CNN headline as fact?

According to Sondland: no one told him that the aid to Ukraine was withheld in exchange for investigations, and he himself freely admitted that he had no testimony/ evidence of such a scheme... "other than his own presumption" (which of course is 100% consistent with my previous post, I might add).

There is no actual evidence that Trump tied release of aid to Ukraine to such an investigation (even witnesses called forth by Democrats readily admit that this narrative was merely a "presumption" on their part).

Now you can keep making wild allegations about how I'm a "whippersnapper who needs get my facts straight", but at this rate I think you're just digging yourself into a TDS hole, where even simple facts will trigger you into digging that much deeper.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
LOL. And not in an antagonistic way. I mean, I'd kinda describe you the same way. It's like understanding almost happens, but then you seem hit a wall. I've actually gotten the impression that a big part of the problem is referring to issues from the vantage point of generalities ("more regulation" vs. "less regulation"), and that there actually might be a surprising amount of agreement if we broke it down into very specific components. Because the generalities become emotionally charged buzz words that don't really do justice (for the sake of dialogue) in either direction to what they're supposed to represent.

What are some specific examples of the blind bigotry that I or others here default back to?

I don't recall specific examples, but I was just referring anytime your mind reaches for the "because they're bad people" lever to escape the fart chamber.

What exactly do you mean? (My first assumption is that maybe you are referring to "cancel culture" here or SJW policing? Because I find that exhausting as well. But there are too many ways to interpret "liberal" to make assumptions, so specific clarification would help).

Correct assumption- liberal anything I define as wide, spread out, and diverse. The right is now more attractive to individualists (like myself) because of that cancel culture nonsense. Demographics are telling too. Look at a map and you can see that people on the left all glom together in large cities, while people on the right spread out to the rest of the remote parts of the country. Since people on the right are more likely to want to be left alone, they're more comfortable with leaving other people alone- which results in a general acceptance of any and all other ways of thinking, so long as they aren't directly annoying. I think individualists, as a whole, express a very liberal breadth of thought- and a very large section of that demographic is on the right. Their political aims might be very much in sync, but only to continue enabling their independent lifestyles- the more "leave me alone" the better. This is antithetical to the progressive path, not that progressives don't have perfectly sound reasoning for it. Since most of them live in large cities of made up of massive wealthy companies with people stacked upon people, anything less than some kind of socialism would be lethally dangerous. These people are just living in two different worlds that are part of the same network.

What exactly would that look like? Because I personally think Pelosi has actually been cautious and measured about impeachment, only finally moving forward with an inquiry when news broke about the Ukraine. The Mueller investigation wasn't a "witch hunt"; lots of people were indicted, lots of evidence was found that Russia did indeed interfere with the 2016 election and that they were continuing to interfere. I mean, it genuinely looks like the only way to appear to be 'coming from good faith' is to ...let Trump get away with anything he wants? I realize that incessant attempts to hold him accountable for his toddler-style bullying and pathological lying might provide a backdrop that shades the more substantial complaints in bad faith (and I don't know what to say about that, because I don't think his toddler-style bullying and pathological lying should be acceptable for a POTUS). But how is it even possible to complain about the more consequential stuff?

Can you give a hypothetical example of a complaint against Trump for these things that would seem reasonable and a demonstration of good faith to you? What needs to happen for it to seem like it's coming from good faith?

Well, first of all it would have to be something more compelling than "russian collusion" or "maybe attempted bribery." Lying under oath would be enough to get people on the right to concede. Something simple and concrete like that, where basic laws and common sense are enough to carry a fair perception of wrongdoing. People on the right don't care about his sociopathic tendencies because they're not the victims of it. And they don't care about the victims of it because those victims hate them, and unless you're Jesus of Nazareth it's hard to sympathize with people that hate you. I do try, myself- and always encourage others to do the same when I'm having political discussions with my right-leaning peers.

I'm not sure what to do with this question because Breitbart is so far right on the bias spectrum. I can tell you that I don't give Huffington Post or Daily Kos more weight than I give Breitbart or Fox. But the New York Times or Washington Post - if all the more centric sources started saying the same thing about him, and backing up their claims with proof, I wouldn't flee into Mother Jones/Huffinton Post/Buzzfeed out of blind loyalty to Obama and start claiming everything except the far left sources couldn't be trusted.

That spectrum can't be trusted. There is very little consensus on centric sources- people on the right consider the times and the post as being heavily biased:

Democrats / Republicans

Screen-Shot-2018-06-22-at-7.16.02-AM.png

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In 3 separate polls, Trump is at 33% support among black voters. This is unheard of. The more that Trump is perceived of as being an innocent victim by black voters, the more support he'll get. This is already backfiring big time.

Generally you never provide any context to the "facts" you post and this is no different.

Polls Showing Third of Blacks Support Trump May Herald Huge Political Upheavals Ahead

Black voter support of Trump quadrupled since election

Trump Support Up This Week Among Black Voters - Rasmussen Reports(R)

I take no issue with what they're saying because that's pointless. However, these are the only sources for the claim of 1/3 of black voters support Trump (I did find the same on YouNewsNet lol). Interestingly, these stories come at the same time the most consistent polling is 9% support among black voters.

Trump approval rating with blacks now at 36%, Rasmussen poll says

National (US) Poll - August 14, 2018 - U.S. Voters Dislike Trump Almo | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/

Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the right. We also rate them factually Mixed due to the publication of pseudoscience as well as propaganda against China and the promotion of pro-Trump propaganda.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/onenewsnow/

Overall, we rate OneNewsNow strongly Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading headlines that do not match the story and a very poor record with support for the consensus of science.

Rassumsen is Trump's favorite polling. In fact, Trump will go after polling that he can't cherry pick or that rates him less than his delusions dictate.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/politics/trump-2020-kickoff-pollster-firing/index.html

But by all means, please keep it up.

Jaguar

So be honest now Jaguar... did you actually watch any of Sondland's testimony

Every fucking second of it. That you even had to ask is laughable, jack. You're the one who didn't watch the testimony - you posted an idiotic 1-minute video, taken out of context, when his deposition and on-screen testimony lasted for hours. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. As usual.