User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 411

  1. #181
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    You know there are other aspects of the economy beyond the narrow window of your expertise right?
    I recall an idiotic ENTP once saying, "Jag would never be interested in that." Not only was I interested in the topic, it was one of my professions. For some reason you are starting to remind me of him.
    See what others don't.

  2. #182
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I recall an idiotic ENTP once saying, "Jag would never be interested in that." Not only was I interested in the topic, it was one of my professions. For some reason you are starting to remind me of him.
    Talking about the economy is at least on topic by a hair- but talking about how much of an idiot I am has abandoned the thread completely, so let's move on.

  3. #183
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Talking about the economy is at least on topic by a hair- but talking about how much of an idiot I am has abandoned the thread completely, so let's move on.
    I never said you were an idiot. He was.
    See what others don't.

  4. #184
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I never said you were an idiot. He was.
    It would be nice to know at least the rough nature of your business for the sake of discussion here, but I'm not going to pry or hold it against you if you don't divulge. Your business success is something about you that I respect if you can't tell.

  5. #185
    darkened dreams Ravenetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    they're all corrupt... this seems like a case of "when you point a finger, you have three pointing back at you"... unless they plan to wipe the slate and start fresh (kick the entire current batch of elected officials), what is the point (point, hah)? at least when trump fucks up it feels less planned and more accidental... when trump does something dumb, it looks like he had a random gut feeling and ran with it... sure, he is sort of a selfish asshole who is fully self absorbed (as far as i can tell)... who isn't these days? the core problems in my mind are the parties that select these people, and the voters that don't demand better alternatives... one thing i can say for trump: i don't think he is part of the established problem... he is a different animal... the democrats and republicans are fucking us from both ends, but people only seem upset about what is happening to "their half"... the problem isn't isolated... impeaching him is a poor decision, but not as bad as electing him... he is far better than hillary (as i always say when he comes up)...
    I think this could be true of Trump, but consider - is it at all possible in a world where many brilliant, powerful, deeply invested people want to control the world, that someone like Trump actually has any real power over them? I think he is a distraction to get everyone worked up, calculated by greater, and more harmful, minds than his. He would be perfect to control and manipulate - he is the perfect puppet.

    I don't think presidents have much power, but are figure-heads for much more brilliant, more powerful minds that are actually orchestrating current events. It is the people who control the money, the resources, who control the president and everyone else. The ones who finance the campaign in public and in the shadows have complete control over their puppets. This is true on every level of society, so why not the presidency where it counts for the most?
    bunny omi


  6. #186
    blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    12,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    I think this could be true of Trump, but consider - is it at all possible in a world where many brilliant, powerful, deeply invested people want to control the world, that someone like Trump actually has any real power over them? I think he is a distraction to get everyone worked up, calculated by greater, and more harmful, minds than his. He would be perfect to control and manipulate - he is the perfect puppet.
    I don't think he's a deliberate distraction, but he may, perhaps, be used as a distraction now that he's gotten where he is. At any event, he seems to be highly susceptible to flattery and easily influenced, which is why it's good that someone like John Bolton is no longer in there.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  7. #187
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    It would be nice to know at least the rough nature of your business for the sake of discussion here, but I'm not going to pry or hold it against you if you don't divulge. Your business success is something about you that I respect if you can't tell.
    I retired early - in my 40's. Now I live off my investments. That is all I have to say for now.
    See what others don't.

  8. #188
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I retired early - in my 40's. Now I live off my investments. That is all I have to say for now.
    Good enough, hombre. That's about what I suspected.

  9. #189

  10. #190
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,367
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Ravenetta, Tater liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The haiku thread...
    By anii in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-29-2019, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO