• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone else find police officers to be obnoxious?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
they take care of hardcore criminals better than they do awkward autistic INFP/INTPs with good intentions and poor verbal communication skills, it's almost as if if you try to be nice you end up getting a nervous a breakdown and getting treated like dirt or a beast, (I was literally threatened with handcuffs for saying I wanted to committ suicide and needed to see a counselor and didn't wanna be counted as absent in my community college, mind you I was saying that because 1) that was my brain's stupid way of saying I felt pressured 2) the professor had a zero tolerance policy for absences after 4 absences and there was no make up work, zero-tolerance). but if youre a celebrity and you make songs that literally cause riots against police officers and the public and promote rape culture, and encourage deliquency, or committ sexual harassment or violence if you have money, they let you go. ) if you committ sexual harassment in the white house nobody cares and it becoems extra credentials for your wife's presidetial campaign as if your wife is the messiah, if you say you want to kill yourself you get treated like the joker. EDIT: and if you committ non consensual sexual harassment and promote rape you win the white house against said messiah and sink the country AND the empire

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they take care of hardcore criminals better than they do awkward autistic INFP/INTPs with good intentions and poor verbal communication skills, it's almost as if if you try to be nice you end up getting a nervous a breakdown and getting treated like dirt or a beast, (I was literally threatened with handcuffs for saying I wanted to committ suicide and needed to see a counselor and didn't wanna be counted as absent in my community college, mind you I was saying that because 1) that was my brain's stupid way of saying I felt pressured 2) the professor had a zero tolerance policy for absences after 4 absences and there was no make up work, zero-tolerance). but if youre a celebrity and you make songs that literally cause riots against police officers and the public and promote rape culture, and encourage deliquency, or committ sexual harassment or violence if you have money, they let you go. ) if you committ sexual harassment in the white house nobody cares and it becoems extra credentials for your wife's presidetial campaign as if your wife is the messiah, if you say you want to kill yourself you get treated like the joker. EDIT: and if you committ non consensual sexual harassment and promote rape you win the white house against said messiah and sink the country AND the empire

Much as it sucks, it's common protocol for officers to use restraints when someone makes a threat to themselves or others. It varies per state, perhaps.
A friend of mine was reported as a suicide risk a few yrs ago, & was put in shackles when the cops came to her place, despite being fully compliant. It was terrifying for her.

It's unfortunate that they have to do that, but police need to protect these people from harming themselves or others while in transit to a mental health facility. It's imperfect, sure, but it's for the sake of physical safety of all involved.

I can't speak much to police corruption. The rich will always be able to buy their way out of trouble, but that doesn't necessarily mean the cops intended to treat you like the joker or a criminal. Safety is the intent when they encounter someone who threatens to kill themselves, and sometimes that safety comes with physical restraint, if necessary.

Did you get to see your counselor?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

Tell a cop you're suicidal and you're gonna go away.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Much as it sucks, it's common protocol for officers to use restraints when someone makes a threat to themselves or others. It varies per state, perhaps.
A friend of mine was reported as a suicide risk a few yrs ago, & was put in shackles when the cops came to her place, despite being fully compliant. It was terrifying for her.

It's unfortunate that they have to do that, but police need to protect these people from harming themselves or others while in transit to a mental health facility. It's imperfect, sure, but it's for the sake of physical safety of all involved.

I can't speak much to police corruption. The rich will always be able to buy their way out of trouble, but that doesn't necessarily mean the cops intended to treat you like the joker or a criminal. Safety is the intent when they encounter someone who threatens to kill themselves, and sometimes that safety comes with physical restraint, if necessary.

Did you get to see your counselor?
The counselor at school's not of much help, but I have a therapist outside of school (social worker). Thank you for your post.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
No because I don't subscribe to such black and white thinking, but I do hope you get the support you are looking for elsewhere. No one deserves to suffer with suicidal thoughts alone and be punished or shamed for it.

rav3n

Cops are pretty decent where I live but in other cities, they can be problematic. It appears to be reliant on whether or not the force has been militarized, how far south and how rural the area where you live.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know them and their mindset close up so, I don't trust them, don't especially want to be around them and most of them should not be cops or have any kind of authority over anyone.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chi town cops be cool for the most part. Suburban cops now, they are a different breed of smear.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think with cops you have to be completely emotionally flat. You cannot show either dominance or vulnerability, but act like a robot. My car was totaled by someone who gunned a red light, spinning my vehicle 340 degrees, and the cop was really rough on me and gave me 100% fault, and I think it was because I was crying. Then another cop got really bizarre with me. I was on a hilly road and he pulled me over for going above the speed limit on a downhill. He was gruff and asking many questions, but when he had me sign the warning and saw my hand shaking, he commented on it and said, "Do I need to call search and rescue? We can't have you driving all crazy over the road" and he started swinging his arms around. It was disturbing because it was rural area and he seemed insane. I think it was my shaking hand that set him off into a bully mentality. I have had some cops behave in a normal manner, but I was able to be emotionally flat then. It was only those two times I had a visible reaction of some sort. Emotions = fault in a cop's brain. It's a weird kind of profiling.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think with cops you have to be completely emotionally flat. You cannot show either dominance or vulnerability, but act like a robot. My car was totaled by someone who gunned a red light, spinning my vehicle 340 degrees, and the cop was really rough on me and gave me 100% fault, and I think it was because I was crying. Then another cop got really bizarre with me. I was on a hilly road and he pulled me over for going above the speed limit on a downhill. He was gruff and asking many questions, but when he had me sign the warning and saw my hand shaking, he commented on it and said, "Do I need to call search and rescue? We can't have you driving all crazy over the road" and he started swinging his arms around. It was disturbing because it was rural area and he seemed insane. I think it was my shaking hand that set him off into a bully mentality. I have had some cops behave in a normal manner, but I was able to be emotionally flat then. It was only those two times I had a visible reaction of some sort. Emotions = fault in a cop's brain. It's a weird kind of profiling.

I got rear ended by a cop several years ago. I was at a turnaround with a red light. You would think the amount of time he had to spend dealing with an accident that was 100% his fault was the end of his fucking world. Oh and the police station was less than 500 feet away, which was good because I asked for his supervisor to come on over as I wasn't dealing with his immature ass another second.

I'm sure this is because my dad was a cop, uncle and brother. I do not put up with cops and their power trips at all. I also understand I'm a white woman and am able to do this but I've advocated for others dealing with the police before too.

The Cat

Staff member
ime cops are a special kind of criminal

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I try not to make personal judgement based on stereotypes of their professions.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
There's some exceptions, but most cops are the same as any other government employee; robotic company tools banned by their employer from individualism and common sense. Politician, postal worker, DMV clerk, they're typically much the same- content to be a cog in the giant wheel. The ones that don't fit this mold are either really great, or really bad- but they're the minority.

The Cat

Staff member
I’d prefer automatons as cops.

Funny. That's kind of my issue with them now. They are automotons.

I wish they could be trusted. But that doesnt match my experience. They are merely people who perpetuate the illusion that they are your friends. They are not. They've for the most part I think being militarized. And the military is not for policing the people its for fighting the enemey. When you militarize cops, you're taking the people they should be protecting, and making those same people the enemy. It doesnt work. :shrug: