• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why we have evolved technology but not emotional,psychological,spiritual 2,500 years?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This Soul Group is a collection of minds. Art depicted. Artist Raphael of the Renaissance period. School of Athens: Plato with Aristotle walking aside one another.

Via Jorge Gonzalez
Wow these guys were way ahead of their Time.

“Jorge you are right dead on target. We in a technological sense made progress by NT (male and female, heightened testosterone than SP, SJ, and NF comparative equivalents sexually.

We ultimately have not grown for a full 2,500 years either: psychologically, emotionally or in a spiritual way.

This is the time of:
Mahavira: Jainism ((religion in northern India)
Jesus: New Testament.
Confucius: Confucianism.

Lao Tzu: Taoism.
Krishna: The Bhagavad-Gita of Hinduism.
Buddha: Buddhism.
Socrates who taught Plato.
Plato who taught Aristotle.

I don’t speak Greek so my spelling may be off.
1. Democritus
2. Epictetus
3, Hercalatius: All Stoic on the Philosophy branch of my pedigree.

Marcus Aurelius: A Roman Emperor and his book ‘Meditations’ is still a best seller today. He we the most acclaimed of the Stoic branch in the philosophy tree.

Why is this so? SJ (Higher than the norm Serotonin brain neurochemistry) and SP (higher than norm for dopamine which gives but spatial intelligence are governing our planet.

They are representing 65% of the Sensory populace and they’re all have lesser genetic gifts of an NT (Intuitive Insight WITH Spatial Intelligence: Think of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawkings. The Titans of Mind that have walked among the fields of men.

‘Representing NT: 17 1/2 percent of the combined Intuitive’s.’
Heightened Testosterone of male and female NT giving these representatives Intuitive Insights WITH Spatial Intelligence.

‘Representing NF: 17 1/2 percent of the combined Intuitive’s.’
Heightened Estrogen of male and female NF giving these representatives Intuitive Insights WITh Spatial Intelligence along Emotional Intelligence, Empathy and EQ.

The Angels in metaphor term of the sensitive souls: All these fore mentioned happen to be my Role Models and each is an INFP. Sweet Helen Keller, Gandhi, and Eleanor Roosevelt.

The NF who have it right and stick to the straight and narrow are in general term, “Champions of liberty and those disenfranchised who can’t voice their concerns in quite eloquent fashion.

Until we start electing NT’s into office in Washington and have as auxiliary NF:

The helpers, sharers, givers and facilitators to propel our paradigm society forward: we’ll be in this political quagmire of Washington, DC.

Source one: ‘Please Understand Me: Characteristics & Temperament Types by Professor NT David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates, @Copyright 1984 Gnosology Book Ltd. (The four major Myers Briggs Typology Personality Profiles: SJ, SP, NT and NF.

Source Second: Dr. Helen Fisher, Biological Anthropologist author of ‘Why him, Why her? Finding Real Love by Understanding Your Personality Type.’

(The heightened brain neurochemistry of SJ (Serotonin) and SP (dopamine) representing 65% of Sensory populace.

‘Representing NT: 17 1/2 percent of the combined Intuitive’s.’
Heightened Testosterone of male and female NT giving these representatives Intuitive Insights WITH Spatial Intelligence.

‘Representing NF: 17 1/2 percent of the combined Intuitive’s.’
Heightened Estrogen of male and female NF giving these representatives Intuitive Insights WITh Spatial Intelligence along Emotional Intelligence, Empathy and EQ.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Long story short, we put a delay on natural selection. Fried out motivation with over stimulation, and created a society that perpetually depresses us.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Take a detailed look how world looked like 100 years ago and how it looks now and claim we didn't advance emotionally. I dare you.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take a detailed look how world looked like 100 years ago and how it looks now and claim we didn't advance emotionally. I dare you.

Especially in the west this is largely true in many ways.... for example torture is no longer widely accepted (still some niche 'practices' happening though). But there will be counter arguments for this though... for example the ravishing of third world countries and the consequences that wreaks.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Especially in the west this is largely true in many ways.... for example torture is no longer widely accepted (still some niche 'practices' happening though). But there will be counter arguments for this though... for example the ravishing of third world countries and the consequences that wreaks.

Of course there are problems, the number of problem is currently even going up but over the last few centuries the whole world did observable advances in emotional/ethical sense. The "irony" of starting argument is that good portion of better ethics is a direct consequence by better technology and infrastructure, which gave people certain "breathing room".

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Fascinating to consider- though I feel like we might have actually undergone a deevolution in all of those fields rather than a mere arrest.

The greater the technology, the farther it removes people from nature- which may very well be the wellspring of these stagnating human facets.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course there are problems, the number of problem is currently even going up but over the last few centuries the whole world did observable advances in emotional/ethical sense. The "irony" of starting argument is that good portion of better ethics is a direct consequence by better technology and infrastructure, which gave people certain "breathing room".

well there's also a sense of the opposite happening more recently too, for e.g far right movements gaining momentum in Europe and west in general. Then there's the arguments that distance (degree of separation) from the west, although you could argue that people donate/volunteer for aid etc, has caused people to become numb/uncaring/unwilling to think about cruelty when it is removed from them by proxitimity. If you add in the additional factor that many people in 3rd world countries are suffering so we can have nice shiny things it kinda sheds a different light.

And while things like general world wealth have upturned, inequality in wealth has widened in almost all countries.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
well there's also a sense of the opposite happening more recently too, for e.g far right movements gaining momentum in Europe and west in general. Then there's the arguments that distance (degree of separation) from the west, although you could argue that people donate/volunteer for aid etc, has caused people to become numb/uncaring/unwilling to think about cruelty when it is removed from them by proxitimity. If you add in the additional factor that many people in 3rd world countries are suffering so we can have nice shiny things it kinda sheds a different light.

And while things like general world wealth have upturned, inequality in wealth has widened in almost all countries.

Yes, people stopped caring about many things but this is mostly because their lives were turned into a mess and they don't have much time or money for things anymore. Which is because the second world is back and it has sucked in pretty much all of the concrete and manufacturing industry/economy. Plus further technological development seem to be more compatible with collectivism of the second world since experts take decades of focused training and protected life to get to the point where they are pushing things further. However that situation is mostly the fault of the first world, not the technology itself. In other words first world is getting more and more ADHDish in it's chase for quick profit and therefore it loses structure, what then opens a whole spectrum of problems in morals, money, technology etc .

Some people here gave me weird looks for the clam that manufacture keeps society focused and realistic, what is based simply on the fact that manufacture requires engineers, technicians and scientists. Therefore when you outsource all of that you are left with sale issues and popularity contests, which are both "relative" and unfocused disciplines. What in the end starts to crack the whole society and that is why things are where they are and at the risk that you lose everything that was achieved. In a way the OP is pretty good example of all this. There is no focus, facts are unclear if they are even on the table, nothing is said about "how", there is some kind of unclear moral position ... etc. However when scatterbrained people start to vote the odds are they will go with people which have simplistic views or best jokes and from that point it is down the hill for sure. What only allows second world to take even bigger part of the cake, what then leads to even more ADHDish chase for profit in what was left. A few people got very rich on trade but others in first world have less and less of a pool from which they can earn money. What brought the whole first world down to some very primitive rat race mindsets we see today.

???

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
This is worth a read, if you aren't familiar with the Unabomber Manifesto - https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm. It was written pre-2000, but it's probably more relevant now than it was then. I don't support mail bombing people of course, by the way, but I think Ted Kaczynski makes some good points. I especially like this one (but he is very critical of the left too, if that's your thing)

50. The conservatives are fools: They whine about the decay of traditional values, yet they enthusiastically support technological progress and economic growth. Apparently it never occurs to them that you can’t make rapid, drastic changes in the technology and the economy of a society without causing rapid changes in all other aspects of the society as well, and that such rapid changes inevitably break down traditional values.​

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become kings in this world, or till those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands.” Plato

"Until philosophers are kings, or the kings and princes of this world have the spirit and power of philosophy, and political greatness and wisdom meet in one, and those commoner natures who pursue either to the exclusion of the other are compelled to stand aside, cities will never have rest from their evils" Plato

"Using Greece’s ‘Plato Philosopher kings of officials hold power of a NT Rational Mind who have power this world is down spiral. All these are NT: Thomas Jefferson: The Declaration of Independence, Abraham Lincoln: Emancipation Proclamation, Barrack Obama: Harvard Law and having some NF characteristics as well traits this in determining his Myers Briggs, and Dwight D. Eisenhower: 5 Star General and Allied Supreme Commander of the D-Day landings on the Western Front during WWII.

Replace SJ club millionaire and too Plutocratic multi-Billionaire lobbying political lobby force army. In giving all politicians a fair chance our countries highest officials should be able to be at least a junior in a high school debate team sticking to objective face in an organized debate. Both sides of the political aisle resort to psychology classified 'Cognitive Distortions.' I.E.: 'Emotional Reasoning,' Labeling, Perjoratives and Name Calling,' All or Nothing Thinking,' 'Generalization' and other distortions of thought in their speech.

People blinded by stereotype and prejudice elected Donald Trump when he out right lied proclaiming, “He has condemning evidence of the authenticity of President Obama’s citizenry.” He shamefully used the *Cognitive Distortion, ‘Labeling, Pejoratives and Name Calling’ when he disgraced his own self as a shameful man calling Rosie O’Donnell a farm animal determined by scientists to have a greater intelligence than a dog.

Rosie O’Donnell has greater verbiage and language with a higher IQ than Trump. President Obama is Harvard Law, possesses Harvard’s Professor Howard Gardner Spatial Intelligence listed of his 8 Multiple Intelligences and speculated on a 9th Intelligence called Existential Intelligence. The President Mr. Obama gets a gold star for having added NF characteristics alongside NF traits. Both President Obama and Rosie O’Donnell have a far higher IQ than Donald Trump an ‘SJ,’ with no Intuitive Insights nor Spatial Intelligence as every NT and NF on planet Earth hold.

The Intuitives of the 'NT Rational Mind' are the (I speak and write in metaphor terms) 'Titans of Mind That Have Walked Amongst The Fields Of Men.' Men and women llike Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking. Male and female NT's have higher Testosterone than their counterparts of 'SJ,' 'SP and 'NF,' four Myers Briggs Typology Index Profile.

The 'NF' are 'The Sensitive Souls Who Metaphorically Are The Angels That Have Graced The Fields Of Men While In Mortal Flesh.' The 'NF,' males plus females all possess a higher and greater Estrogen level than their other Myers Briggs counterparts. John F. Kennedy, Helen Keller, Gandhi, and Eleanor Roosevelt are all INFP's as I am too. The 'NF's' who got it right are the champions of liberty and are akin a societal auxilary force working in conjunction with the 'NT Rational Mind' can help propel our society in emotional, spiritual and psychological growth and progress.

The 'NT' and 'NF' have the high IQ's and are the only 35% Intuitives. NF's having hightened estrogen correspond to EQ, Empathy and Emotional Intelligence. Only an estrogen base NF have this quality. The 'SP' and also 'SJ' are sympathy in base. NT"s can have a strong moral compass but also don't have an 'NF' gift for truest form Empathy." LightSun

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
The trouble is, it easier to each knowledge than wisdom. Building something can be reduced to a step by step guide, facts can be listed in an encyclopaedia, but understanding takes time. effort and experience. This means that a new generation picks up more of the lasts knowledge than its wisdom, building upon the physical and scientific foundation they left behind, but often forgetting their value systems and life lessons. Thus knowledge accumulates while wisdom has to be constantly relearnt.

I think each generation tends to reshuffles virtues more than improve on them. Something lost, something gained.

Tomb1

Human nature is what it is. Technology just provided better ways of wiping out enemies.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... I've thought about this a lot over the years. And I think it's partly because, while we've opened up our minds to the possibilities of new scientific and technological advancements, we haven't been quite as open to the idea of expanding (or even changing) our spiritual beliefs. I believe this needs to change if we wish to evolve spiritually, especially since I feel that all religions are incomplete in their understanding of the nature of God and our purpose as living beings in this vast universe we call our own.