User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 55

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Yeah, its crazy I have all these job opportunities and promotions available.
    # white privilege -- only the democrats can save us.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

  2. #12
    Moderator Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Honestly... what.

    Just an fyi... I qualify for assistance and recently stopped it all because I truly believe I do not need it at this point, and I'd rather live honestly and allow those resources to flow elsewhere. I'm also planning to request my piddly ($80/month) child support be cut off. I do not need anyone to take care of me.

    Mind you... I'm now paying a mortgage and property taxes that are higher than any rent I've ever paid, and driving further to work than I ever have, etc etc.

    I have thus far always voted democratically. Much of the motivation behind that is ethical (yet not void of logic).

    Your argument is weak and shows dogmatic thinking. You can do better.
    I've done the same in the past. I received some government assistance for a while, although I would much rather have had a job. The very day I found out I had been hired I called and told them " Thank you for help these past few months but I no-longer need it."

    Really, I think the bigger problem is the qualifications on who is allowed to work. And that isn't on 'The government" it's on corporations who refuse to hire part time, those NEED medical insurance, people who might be a 'liability', who can't be exploited into doing back-breaking physical labor for more hours and less pay than they origionally agreed to. The government needed to make a 'disability' thing to cover those who are excluded by these grotesque 'standards'. And to be honest, I'm quite pissed about it. I think I can work, and I rather would .

    I also wonder how it is that these people who whine about 'leeches' do not go after rich tech workers. Like, what do they think they do all day? I know a lot of people who work in that sector and iI can assure you; not much. People working the service industry work a hell of a lot harder for nothing.

    Conservative/libertarians, I swear to God their concept of 'earned' is merely in that have it.

    I know people who work at Facebook and honestly, those are the biggest leeches you could ever hope to find. Three, free, buffet style meals cooked by Michealan star chefs which they pile into numerous to go boxes to take hope to their ( often enormous ) families.
    Free transit passes
    Full medical/dental
    Free transit
    Discounted/priority entertainment.
    Access to workshops and resources no one else has

    ON top of their enormous salaries. They have all the money and don't have to pay for a thing. But I mean, they have it so they must earn it.
    ...even though many of them do very little work and have an unlimited number of /sick/vacation/mental health days. Gerd bless them hurdwurkin 'Murican folk!

    Meanwhile they seem to believe that people in the service industry, busting their asses doing physical labor for 10+ a day, no over time, no pension, no vacation, no sick time and shitty ( if any) benefits and can't raise a damned family because they can't even get a stable schedule, making less than minimum wage, and basically fitting the bill for the rich tech workers because they are the only ones who pay for anything-those people are the ingrates, the 'whiny millennial's' picking on them poor corporations, asking them to pay taxes to just begin to give back to the local economies they've ransacked. Maybe if they had rich Daddies they get sit on their asses and start earning that money too!

    This kind of attitude used to infuriate me, but it just makes me shakes my head anymore. It's unimaginably ignorant that I cannot imagine what sort of entitlement lead them there.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

    " I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."
    Likes lightsun, Peter Deadpan liked this post

  3. #13
    Liberator Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    24,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    >votes for trump
    >sees benefits in life


    "omg, why do trump voters vote against their best interest!?" - Liberals
    I see you overlooked the words "so many", to assume your experience is shared by all Trump voters. You also overlook the fact that Trump may not be responsible for whatever benefits you have experienced. Correlation does not imply causation. Also, no need to lump me in with simplistically labelled people who question Trump's effectiveness or fitness for office.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Yuu liked this post

  4. #14
    Primal evil Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thestralis View Post
    I see you overlooked the words "so many", to assume your experience is shared by all Trump voters.
    Call me defensive, but I find people's constant barrage of negative assumptions, even if not generalizing, to be irritating at best. This irritation extends beyond just Trump voters, but to voters in general. I don't often say that the general public is smarter than people think, but I believe this is one of those instances when it comes to elections.

    Edit after your edit:

    Of course we can/not go based off of correlation not equaling causation, but it doesn't matter either way. That can apply to any president. Everything Obama did could have been complete coincidence. Everything Trump did too. But history doesn't really care about the finer details. All I know, is my life improved significantly after Trump got elected, and a factual benefit, for example, was no longer having to pay that retarded Obama care fee. That alone, is factual evidence of him helping me. Everything else could entirely be coincidence. I just don't think after 3 incidences, its not correlation. Its what I voted for.
    Likes Deprecator, SearchingforPeace liked this post

  5. #15
    Moderator Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thestralis View Post
    I see you overlooked the words "so many", to assume your experience is shared by all Trump voters. You also overlook the fact that Trump may not be responsible for whatever benefits you have experienced. Correlation does not imply causation. Also, no need to lump me in with simplistically labelled people who question Trump's effectiveness or fitness for office.
    ...also that those benefits were only afforded to people who were already doing fine.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

    " I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

  6. #16
    Primal evil Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuurei View Post
    ...also that those benefits were only afforded to people who were already doing fine.
    Implying I was "doing fine". The only thing I can sympathize on is healthcare, everything else is doing better imo. And even then, who many qualified? For example, Obamacare helped like 17% of Americans, but screwed far more. How many people benefited from Trump? Far as I am concerned, no one thing can help everyone. So the one thing that can help the most, is superior.

  7. #17
    Senior Member lightsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    IEI None
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Here’s food for thought for the deeper thinkers.

    I am a Humanist, possess the real gift called Empathy. (I know sizable percentiles that claim empathy and amount to empaths, but in fact don’t possess true empathy. I’m also of Gaea or that our Mother Earth is alike a viable organism.

    This means I champion while upon mainland Florida, Facebook, LinkedIn, well above 200 articles and have been involved in plus 10 Myers Briggs Typology Index site open forums.

    I speak and write of women’s rights, animal rights, gay rights and privileges, need for political reform, Incest and the Domestic Abuse Cycle of battered women in America and indeed round the “(globe); wrong we live upon the sphere planet Earth.

    All the great religions say approximately what the prince of peace Jesus propounded, “The kingdom of heaven is within.”

    I have often gave a public speech or written, “That we live upon a world whose citizenry worship Fame, Beauty, Sex, Power, Prestige and Wealth.

    Yet we live on a materialistic world raping and destroying planet Earth with all its glory and biodiversity. I have written we are a reactive in nature species, not so much proactive.

    I expound upon these virtues: (1) a Human Happiness Ratio (a test of the citizenry happiness in their culture. This is an outdated old statistic. Anyone receiving $85,000, their human happiness does not go above the mean.

    This is implying the person’s who don’t wish to get a 2% increase in taxable income are selfish. We are a whole world organism. The people garnering wealth are not necessarily more of any kind harder worker than the poor.

    It comes statistically to being in a favorable position. We rank dead last of the discrepancy of the super rich elite and the poorest of the poor.

    (2) Environmental protection of its biodiversity. We rank world wide 65th. American’s we should be aghast.

    (3) Health care reform. On a documentary I viewed Taiwan posses the world’s best health care. The Taiwan people took and contrasted European, The United States, Canadian, Australian and Japanese health care. They took it upon their own people a system more viable than the America’s.

    (4) Parental Training is in need. ‘I know the general populace outcry that we have a right to bear children without any government intervention. If it takes a legal license in driving one’s car then people should be scrutinized before bearing children.

    (5) I’ve in the past written on wive’s tales and positivism’s. The naive, “Time heals all wounds.” I know from empirical data that a full 2/3 of children growing in an adverse home life for the REST of their lives grow up and have to take on an unnecessary put on their

    shoulders a dysfunction in at least 1 out of several divergent areas such: (5.1) Mental Health issues. (5.2) Substance Abuse problematic issues. (5.3) problems with relationships and. (5.4) Job performance.

    (6) Empathy training skills taught at the early education system. Young peers sitting in a circle and discussing how another’s belligerent behavior affect their own feeling.

    This coincided along (6.1A) Thought Empathy (6.1B) Emotive empathy skills learned.

    (7) Active listening skills learned in early education. I have been fond of the saying we have 2 ears with but 1 mouth, therefore we should listen more than talk.

    (8) Mindful Cognitive disciplining of one’s inner thought process. Teach children at the crucial earlier formative development child development about Cognitive Distortions in the unconscious human thought process.

    (9) A la Bernie Sanders (Independent, I believe from Vermont) A universal education package.

    (10) The raising of children in home environments conducive to mental well being. These include such ingredients: (10.1) Unconditional love, not one based on parental expectation. (10.2) The child feeling safe in the home. (10.3) The appliance of the needful ingredient; Nurture. (10.4) The realistic set of proper boundaries.

    (11) Seeking to get out of last place of all the world’s counties wealth discrepancy gap of rich and poor in America.

    (12) I as my Myers Briggs indicates happen being INFP. These are thought of akin and likened to as a dreamer as well a visionary. I do not know all of the viable cures to societal ills and afflictions. I do know however some starting points.

    What I don’t understand is the leadership in Washington do not even use high school juniors debate style of staying and using objective fact in dialogue. I do know what I have ability of pragmatic and stoic control over. it is disheartening that this quagmire of those in power continues unabated.
    LightSun Paul Peaceweaver

  8. #18
    heel turn 2 Obfuscate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deprecator View Post
    Seriously. Trump voters should be mortified to see their wages increase! We've all been conned by our increased benefits and salaries and opportunities.
    President Trump Keeps Taking Credit for the Economy. How Much Should He Get? | Fortune

    there is a huge delay before most things a president does can be determined as beneficial or harmful to the economy's long term growth... there is a lot of talk about what they are doing in the present, but most of it is horseshit unless they are really fucking up... we'll know the actual impact trump had years from now...
    "I will employ all of my cunning and my patience
    Then we will persevere
    I find I can get behind radical ideas and make them real
    You do what you want to do
    I cannot tell you how to feel"

    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.”
    -marie curie
    Likes Maya Dawn liked this post

  9. #19
    Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuurei View Post
    I've done the same in the past. I received some government assistance for a while, although I would much rather have had a job. The very day I found out I had been hired I called and told them " Thank you for help these past few months but I no-longer need it."

    Really, I think the bigger problem is the qualifications on who is allowed to work. And that isn't on 'The government" it's on corporations who refuse to hire part time, those NEED medical insurance, people who might be a 'liability', who can't be exploited into doing back-breaking physical labor for more hours and less pay than they origionally agreed to. The government needed to make a 'disability' thing to cover those who are excluded by these grotesque 'standards'. And to be honest, I'm quite pissed about it. I think I can work, and I rather would .

    I also wonder how it is that these people who whine about 'leeches' do not go after rich tech workers. Like, what do they think they do all day? I know a lot of people who work in that sector and iI can assure you; not much. People working the service industry work a hell of a lot harder for nothing.

    Conservative/libertarians, I swear to God their concept of 'earned' is merely in that have it.

    I know people who work at Facebook and honestly, those are the biggest leeches you could ever hope to find. Three, free, buffet style meals cooked by Michealan star chefs which they pile into numerous to go boxes to take hope to their ( often enormous ) families.
    Free transit passes
    Full medical/dental
    Free transit
    Discounted/priority entertainment.
    Access to workshops and resources no one else has

    ON top of their enormous salaries. They have all the money and don't have to pay for a thing. But I mean, they have it so they must earn it.
    ...even though many of them do very little work and have an unlimited number of /sick/vacation/mental health days. Gerd bless them hurdwurkin 'Murican folk!

    Meanwhile they seem to believe that people in the service industry, busting their asses doing physical labor for 10+ a day, no over time, no pension, no vacation, no sick time and shitty ( if any) benefits and can't raise a damned family because they can't even get a stable schedule, making less than minimum wage, and basically fitting the bill for the rich tech workers because they are the only ones who pay for anything-those people are the ingrates, the 'whiny millennial's' picking on them poor corporations, asking them to pay taxes to just begin to give back to the local economies they've ransacked. Maybe if they had rich Daddies they get sit on their asses and start earning that money too!

    This kind of attitude used to infuriate me, but it just makes me shakes my head anymore. It's unimaginably ignorant that I cannot imagine what sort of entitlement lead them there.
    I don't even get an actual lunch break. And zero sick days. When a client doesn't show up for their appointment, I do not get paid for my time, yet I still need to stay because I need a minimum number of hours to maintain my health insurance. When I call in sick, I have to squeeze every appointment from that day into another already completely full day within the following two weeks because there is no one else who can do my job. I've done this for 14 years and I cannot ever make any more money than I do right now unless prices are raised or I bust my ass beyond reasonable limits because I am solely commission paid. Busting my ass beyond limits is not possible with chronic inflammatory disease. In fact, I really shouldn't even be doing this anymore because of the advancing arthritic flares in my hands, but I'm under qualified on paper for basically anything that pays a living wage for a 34-year-old single parent of two.

    The most ironic part of all of this is that I used to go to school, and in the off seasons, I would work full-time. When a semester started and I needed to drop to part-time again, my boss told me "if you do this, you can never go full-time again because we can't have you going back and forth". Translation: We do not support your efforts to continue your education and want to destroy your future. They were overstaffed at that point.

    I have actually been considering applying for a job as an insulation technician because it's the ONLY job I have come across in YEARS here that pays the same or more than I get now but doesn't require any experience. Unfortunately, I'd have to be open to 50 hour work weeks which is nearly impossible for a single parent with no support system who needs childcare.

    Anyway... it's been tough and entirely soul sucking and depressing to have so many external limitations when I KNOW I am one of the MOST competent people and could have done whatever I wanted had the path not been washed away multiple times and had I not found myself struggling to stay afloat in the midst of the floods.
    Perpetual mood


    "It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."


    Philip Trussell

    Likes Yuu, lightsun liked this post

  10. #20
    Primal evil Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    President Trump Keeps Taking Credit for the Economy. How Much Should He Get? | Fortune

    there is a huge delay before most things a president does can be determined as beneficial or harmful to the economy's long term growth... there is a lot of talk about what they are doing in the present, but most of it is horseshit unless they are really fucking up... we'll know the actual impact trump had years from now...
    Ill bet you when Trump leaves office after a new president comes in. They will receive credit immediately in the media for fixing everything. I would say Trumps policies had an immediate effect, because its trade deals, not stimulus packages. Those affect the market immediately. For example, decreasing fuel prices immediately affects all shipping costs for everyone, creating a spike in productivity. Taxing fuel, does the opposite.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] So, how do "we" do it?
    By GargoylesLegacy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 10:10 AM
  2. How do we gain power over death?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 03:38 PM
  3. how do we learn morals
    By passingby in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO