• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Trump will surely win 2020

Deprecator

So at my new job I was actively encouraged to read Kaiser Health News. Since then I've read various articles about how some providers try to avoid treating patients covered by medicare, how some providers will prefer to remain out of network for certain medical plans, how hospitals routinely charge more for an out of pocket patient than they would an insurance company for identical procedures, and how a hospital listed as "in network" for a patient might still be treated by an out of network physician (and then bill accordingly). A common result of such practices are "surprise medical bills", which have become a rather nefarious staple in regards to the number one reason why Americans are declaring bankruptcy. Now according to KHN, while on paper many aspects of healthcare reform receive overwhelming bi-partisan support, in practice the congressional investigation into Trump has likely set up a major roadblock for legislative initiatives, including efforts such as curbing drug prices and ending the surprise medical bill epidemic that has been plaguing millions of Americans.

Now last I checked Biden has publicly admitted to withholding aid until a prosecutor investigating his son was removed and replaced by a candidate he favored. Years later, Trump asked the president of Ukraine if it would be possible to investigate the removal of this prosecutor, and now suddenly there's a partisan uproar and nonsensical calls for impeachment. Of course, even on this forum it was asked what crime Trump had committed, and to date there's been no crime mentioned to speak of. Relying almost exclusively on hearsay, speculation and non-explicit communications, rather than focus on legislation that would benefit all Americans, instead the left wants to continue on with their fishing expeditions. Obviously this has become rather common practice for Democrats, as last I checked they've been rather consistent with placing partisan politics over the general welfare of all Americans, and have literally introduced articles of impeachment against 5 out of the last 6 republican presidents.

Now one theory of mine is that Democrats need to focus exclusively on these inquiries and investigations, that they need to put on these moral outrage circus shows over innocuous tweets and commentary, in part because in terms of policy (i.e. actually change that benefits millions of Americans) Trump has been winning on virtually every front. For an example, the recent census report revealed that inflation adjusted earnings for workers has increased 3.4 percent, and meanwhile, both poverty and unemployment rates have dropped to historic lows. And for all the talk about Trump's alleged "racism", I daresay it's rather ironic that minority groups would be the principal beneficiaries of the Trump economy, with average income for female-led single-parent households jumping 7.6 percent last year, well ahead of gains in higher income groups. The poverty rate among female-led households also fell 2.7 percent for African Americans, and 4 percent for Hispanics. Obviously the left and their media allies have been rather desperate to criticize Trump at all costs and regardless of facts, for somehow as a response they continue to parrot the false mantra that the "rich" are the only beneficiaries of the Trump economy.

All things considering I do genuinely feel that Trump has been rather brilliant with his ability to bait Democrats. Because for all the media hysterics and grandstanding that's recently transpired, even my liberal friends will readily acknowledge that there's virtually zero chance that Trump is removed from office via impeachment, and in the meantime, his base is invigorated and he continues to stand strong as a heavy favorite to win 2020. Personally I think it's going to be a landslide victory -- we've witnessed win after win for the Trump administration, and meanwhile, it seems all people want to talk about on this forum is "narcissism" or some other obscure diagnosis fabricated by partisans. :shrug:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I feel like most people on the left would be fine with sacrificing their first born to Satan if it meant some kind of comeuppance for Trump. He knows this, and uses it very effectively.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't want him to win, but I think he continues to be underestimated by his political opponents. Or I should say they underestimate the fervor of his supporters. The eventual dem nominee needs to run on a platform other than "I'm not Trump". That strategy has rarely worked in the past. for this election, I think they need to stress the economy and his bad trade policies. The average independent voter will likely be turned off by emotional appeals about cultural issues. That's exactly what Trump would want, a progressive candidate who will focus on talking about gun control and transgender bathrooms. You want to get back the blue collar voters, you have to make it relevant to their interests too. If they feel like the eventual dem nominee sees their pastime of hunting or their family unit as an aberration, they'll gladly put aside any distaste they may have for that cheetoh dust ball.

If they must resort to sanctimonious lecturing, they should do so in a way that doesn't make half of his supporters feel attacked, i.e. labelling them as deplorables, but instead focus on Trump himself, and how he talks the talk of morality yet consistently fails to walk the walk. Although they need to be careful there too, because that never seemed to work for the GOP when they tried to call Bill's morality and behavior into question. Good thing to do might be to bring up his past disrespect for military vets, for instance his attacks on McCain, or that infamous incident where he whined about not being able to give himself a medal of honor. I know even some of my most conservative, pro-military family have cringed at some of those sorts of remarks. That's what they need to drive home in their campaign attack ads, not his phone calls to foreign leaders.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
and if they thought he'd come for their guns, oh how the tables would turn. what fools these mortals be.

The Cat

Staff member
which i mean mad men who fear sinister coups dont like letting people go around armed... so...:shrug:

Lark

I wonder what either the left or right wing game is going to be beyond Trump, this is more of the same as what happened with Bush and Obama, even if it seems a little more intense. Or maybe not intense, more reality TV maybe.

Lark

which i mean mad men who fear sinister coups dont like letting people go around armed... so...:shrug:

I always wondered about that, what if the people who like to rave about liberal's authoritarian side being pseudo-fascist and fears about a liberal president busting the term limits had to deal with it all coming out of their own camp?

Or would they simply rationalise it as necessary to avoid more liberalism.

It does get silly in the simplification of it all.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I always wondered about that, what if the people who like to rave about liberal's authoritarian side being pseudo-fascist and fears about a liberal president busting the term limits had to deal with it all coming out of their own camp? Or would they simply rationalise it as necessary to avoid more liberalism. It does get silly in the simplification of it all.
Wouldn't happen, and wouldn't fly if it did. Conservatives are far more interested in the traditional rule of law than progressives.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and if they thought he'd come for their guns, oh how the tables would turn. what fools these mortals be.

My dad is actually convinced trump would be more likely to come for people's guns. I wouldn't put it past him, if 'the wrong' people had the guns. He's an authoritarian collectivist, and it baffles me how supposed rugged individualists still support this clown.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always wondered about that, what if the people who like to rave about liberal's authoritarian side being pseudo-fascist and fears about a liberal president busting the term limits had to deal with it all coming out of their own camp?

Or would they simply rationalise it as necessary to avoid more liberalism.

It does get silly in the simplification of it all.

They'd rationalize it as necessary. Oh I'm sure some of his supporters might break ranks, but most would accept it. People are always more willing to tolerate authoritarians chiseling away at democracy when their own team is in power. Especially when said authoritarian hits the right buzzwords that make them feel all safe, warm and fuzzy. In trump's case it's words like "law" and order. Not to say some left-leaners don't have their own favorite words that hit their sexy spots, typically words like "diversity" and "acceptance". Not that I think the idea of diversity or law and order are bad things, but sometimes I think half the people using these words don't think too deeply about what they really mean to them.

The Cat

Staff member
My dad is actually convinced trump would be more likely to come for people's guns. I wouldn't put it past him, if 'the wrong' people had the guns. He's an authoritarian collectivist, and it baffles me how supposed rugged individualists still support this clown.
Right? It's baffling

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what either the left or right wing game is going to be beyond Trump, this is more of the same as what happened with Bush and Obama, even if it seems a little more intense. Or maybe not intense, more reality TV maybe.

I know it's probably been said by a hundred pseudointellectual pundits already, but I think Trump is just symptomatic of where our culture has already been headed for the last few decades. My point being that even without Trump, someone similar to him would've come along and been elected president. For instance, people have been talking for years about trying to amend the consititution so Schwarzenegger could run for President, and there were rumblings in recent years that someone like Oprah or The Rock might run. Getting rid of Trump won't suddenly change things. The culture itself needs to change. We're all to blame for him, even those of us who didn't vote for him. When politics turns into a parody of itself, it's not at all surprising we get this sort of cult of personality built up around people like Trump and Obama. It's not entirely new either, just tailored for the electronic age. We're a bread and circus loving people.

Sometimes I wish the colonies had stayed in the British Empire and become an autonomous commonwealth state like Australia or Canada; perhaps some of our more imperialistic, strongman loving tendencies might have abated a bit.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Has it ever occured to you, that you can support a candidate for some of his policies, while oppose others? While I agree that agreeing 100% with a candidate is bad, I highly doubt people are doing that. I didn't like it when Trump proposed doing something about violent video games, and I don't mind him revamping gun laws to have more comprehensive background checks and screening. You're generalizing. I would argue most people vote, to have as many policies they want to be implemented, but any rational person can assume they cannot get everything. Nor will they agree with everything they do. That is the risk of representation. It isn't black and white.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has it ever occured to you, that you can support a candidate for some of his policies, while oppose others? While I agree that agreeing 100% with a candidate is bad, I highly doubt people are doing that. I didn't like it when Trump proposed doing something about violent video games, and I don't mind him revamping gun laws to have more comprehensive background checks and screening. You're generalizing. I would argue most people vote, to have as many policies they want to be implemented, but any rational person can assume they cannot get everything. Nor will they agree with everything they do. That is the risk of representation. It isn't black and white.

Yes, it occurred to me. I've been voting for 20 years and I don't think I've ever encountered a candidate for any office that I agreed with 100%. I've voted democratic, republican, independent, libertarian, green, etc for a variety of offices.

The thing about Trump is that anything I might support him on is largely outweighed by the things I oppose him on. I'm not going to list everything I oppose him on here, because it would turn into a pretty long list.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know it's probably been said by a hundred pseudointellectual pundits already, but I think Trump is just symptomatic of where our culture has already been headed for the last few decades. My point being that even without Trump, someone similar to him would've come along and been elected president. For instance, people have been talking for years about trying to amend the consititution so Schwarzenegger could run for President, and there were rumblings in recent years that someone like Oprah or The Rock might run. Getting rid of Trump won't suddenly change things. The culture itself needs to change. We're all to blame for him, even those of us who didn't vote for him. When politics turns into a parody of itself, it's not at all surprising we get this sort of cult of personality built up around people like Trump and Obama. It's not entirely new either, just tailored for the electronic age.

We're very dumb as a culture, and it makes sense that we'd have a President who used one of the dumbest trends of the past 20 years to get into office.

I don't think we collectively became smart enough in the last three years to not reelect him.

Tomb1

Relying almost exclusively on hearsay, speculation and non-explicit communications...

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

...that they need to put on these moral outrage circus shows over innocuous tweets and commentary (Speculation), in part because in terms of policy (i.e. actually change that benefits millions of Americans) Trump has been winning on virtually every front (Speculation-within-Speculation).

Even my liberal friends (appeal to consensus) will readily acknowledge (Appeal to consensus converts into self-serving anecdote) that there's virtually zero chance that Trump is removed from office via impeachment, and in the meantime, his base (projection entangled generalization) is invigorated and he continues to stand strong as a heavy favorite to win 2020 (Partisan fabrication). Personally I think it's going to be a landslide victory -- we've (projection entangled generalization) witnessed win after win for the Trump administration (partisan fabrication), and meanwhile, it seems (conjecture)all (generalization) people want to talk about on this forum is "narcissism" or some other obscure diagnosis fabricated by partisans (ad-Hominem). :shrug:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
|
|
|
|