• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Trump will surely win 2020

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't quite understand what people have against trump ? Based on pure results he is a good president. And all the accusations against him so far were shown to be just made up. If anything I would be angry about the people making up stories - they are the ones who are the actual 'enemies of the state' and all it represents. Not the guy who they're trying to setup simply because they don't like him. I mean imagine if it happened to you? Someone just doesn't like you and makes up stories about you, drags you to court, spends 3 years trying to get you fired, hires people to make up a fake dossier accusing you of corruption and essentially being an enemy agent, constantly lies about you and blames what others do on you (like for example how they blamed trump for the democrats' scandal of hillary getting the questions in advance etc. ) This is freaking insane. Not liking someone is fine - considering it's his fault he's getting setup and harassed by the overwhelmingly hard leftist media and the whole of the democratic party is absurd. The same people who will tell us that we should believe all women etc. will be fine with an innocent man being treated like a criminal simply because he's distateful to them. I don't think ppl like that need a new president - they need a good hard look in the mirror.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I're read and watched explanations of how fb marketing machine was used to influence and sway numbers of people in the hundreds of thousands. Yet, even if that was the case, it would seem like nobody cares;like Trump is the new norm.

Even if he is the new norm there can be a new norm after him, this proves nothing on it's own.

The thing is that FB campaigns and similar stuff on their own wouldn't have too much effect if there is clear, well defined and well wishing substance on the other side. The main reason why Trump won is because Hillary didn't have such substance. Down to this day I don't really know about what her campaign was really all about and that created doubts, especially since the trends weren't too good and she was too arrogant about everything. This is why I said that it is very important how much Democrats really want to win this because that is being done through political substance for the most part. Every totalitarian government ever wanted to control the narrative so that it can destroy the debate with substance and replace it with some kind of fairy tales. Since they knew that substance by definition is dangerous for them because it naturally attracts people.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You have more faith in humanity and rationality than I do at this juncture. Also apparently a decent chunk of people want everything to go to hell. We are in a culture now where what previously wasn't ok is now just fine, and half the populace believes this. I greatly hope to be wrong. I also greatly hope everyone gets out and votes and doesn't pull the 'my vote doesn't matter' apathy card. :angry:

I just want to add a few things to think about regarding this.

1. For a long time I didn't care and then I realized that apathy or ignoring the issue surely wouldn't change anything. If you waste some time just about every day you can "waste" an hour every few years on voting. After all if you don't vote that is death of democracy by definition.

2. In politics around the world it became normal to create campaigns that alienate most and that leaves "party loyalists" to decide among themselves. I call this "privatization of democracy" and therefore you should vote. It is hard to count how many problems in the world could have been prevented if people actually voted in bigger numbers. After all more voters almost surely reduces radicalism in election results.

3. In US it is really worth voting because of the rules on the basis "winner takes everything", while the races are tight. Therefore things can quickly snowball if new demography shows on the "dance floor". Especially since polls seem to poll only people that are likely voters and therefore turning things upside down from expected isn't really that hard in many cases.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
No collusion; no obstruction? No problem, we'll just impeach him for talking on the phone. :D

Btw, this impeachment circus is firing up the Republicans big-time. We want Pelosi to have an impeachment vote so we can get every Dem on record.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No collusion; no obstruction? No problem, we'll just impeach him for talking on the phone. :D

Btw, this impeachment circus is firing up the Republicans big-time. We want Pelosi to have an impeachment vote so we can get every Dem on record.

lol clearly you haven't seen any news today.

Deprecator

Frankly, I think it would be funny if Nancy ended up as president. ;)
I think it's funny that various democrats have repeatedly called out Trump to release his tax returns when Nancy has yet to do the same. Of course, Pelosi has defended the issue by publicly claiming that being president is somehow "different" from being a member of congress, and she's 100% right -- being president is in fact very different from being a member of congress. Of course, these differences do not include any formal rule or inherent obligation to release tax returns.

Honestly. I'd have tremendous respect for virtually any democrat if they called on Pelosi to release her tax returns, but of course, I won't be holding my breath because I know that they have to keep true to their double standards and general hypocrisy by repeatedly criticizing Trump for the same activities that their very own leadership is also guilty of.

Jaguar

I think it's funny that various democrats have repeatedly called out Trump to release his tax returns when Nancy has yet to do the same. Of course, Pelosi has defended the issue by publicly claiming that being president is somehow "different" from being a member of congress, and she's 100% right -- being president is in fact very different from being a member of congress. Of course, these differences do not include any formal rule or inherent obligation to release tax returns.

Honestly. I'd have tremendous respect for virtually any democrat if they called on Pelosi to release her tax returns, but of course, I won't be holding my breath because I know that they have to keep true to their double standards and general hypocrisy by repeatedly criticizing Trump for the same activities that their very own leadership is also guilty of.

Republican Speaker John Boehner, like Pelosi, also chose not to disclose his returns. It isn't just about Trump. You can have her take on the matter when speaking of Romney's run for president:

“Let’s not be silly," she said. "A person is running for the president of the United States. His party is calling on him to release his returns.”

“When I run for president of the United States, you can hold me to that standard,” she added.

My prior post was tongue-in-cheek since Trump and Pencey boy would have to be thrown out for Pelosi to become president. I prefer every person running for president release tax returns, even though it isn't required by law. President = higher office, so, higher standard. Members of Congress? It's not that big of a deal to me.

2020 Presidential Candidates’ Tax Returns So Far - The New York Times