• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Lark

The biggest problem here is that if you push things too far you will probably create a decent amount of new rapist. Since playing blame games with innocent and creating forbidden fruit usually doesn't end well.

Well, I dont see how anyone can avoid forbidding, for instance murder, maybe for a few that will create "forbidden fruit" but you know.

I do think its stupid to have people apologize for crimes they did not commit, I dont share the "all gentiles are to blame for the holocaust" idea either or other sorts of "collective punishment" ideas popular with ID politics people either.

On the other hand rape isnt taken seriously at all. Even the "violence not sex" explanation of the crime itself, which is fair enough, has meant a lot of people now think of it as on a par with a "punch up", rape has way worse and more enduring PTSD consequences for individuals and their families most of the time. I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe if the amount of homosexual sex crimes involving male victims was more well known it could change things. I dont know. Even the prospect that a lot of the male population can not empathize with or have so much objectified women that this should be the case is a bit depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think would be a better idea to try and tackle the problem of male rapists?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The biggest problem here is that if you push things too far you will probably create a decent amount of new rapist. Since playing blame games with innocent and creating forbidden fruit usually doesn't end well.
I wonder how it is different from expecting whites in the US to pay reparations to blacks for slavery. Is that considered justified because of the greater pervasiveness of the problem?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
New poll says NBA ratings have plunged because of racial justice protests

Nearly 40 percent of respondents in a new Harris poll said they were watching less basketball because “the league has become too political.”

I'm one of those those who were life-long NBA fans until Lebron et al. decided to bash the police, bash Trump, and support radical Dems. I may resume watching after Lebron retires. This guy and others like him are destroying the league by pandering to China. He's putting profits over human rights. When former Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey tweeted that he supported the Hong Kong protests, Lebron bashed him too. It's kind of disappointing that the best player of this generation is a soulless, money-grubber. I'm boycotting Space Jam II.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
New poll says NBA ratings have plunged because of racial justice protests

I'm one of those those who were life-long NBA fans until Lebron et al. decided to bash the police, bash Trump, and support radical Dems. I may resume watching after Lebron retires. This guy and others like him are destroying the league by pandering to China. He's putting profits over human rights. When former Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey tweeted that he supported the Hong Kong protests, Lebron bashed him too. It's kind of disappointing that the best player of this generation is a soulless, money-grubber. I'm boycotting Space Jam II.

Cancel culture gone wild.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I wonder how it is different from expecting whites in the US to pay reparations to blacks for slavery. Is that considered justified because of the greater pervasiveness of the problem?

For me slavery reparations are a western nonsense and living in the past. In other words compensation should go only to what happens between the living or perhaps a generation or two back. While west wants linear approach of correcting every bump on the road behind and I don't really agree with this. Since you constantly have to chew all that shit and there is no end. It is better to focus people on some worthy goal, education and general fairness. Since that way with a generation or two you should have genuine peace. Because accusing people for what they didn't do personally is almost surely counter productive. Since that just isn't justice, two wrongs don't do right and can only start the circle of problems that will possibly never end (and that leads to the real tragedy).

I mean this is cultural on my part, here history is such a mess that it is a waste of time to even try to fix it on this level, especially since the records where often destroyed as well (if there were any). For me crimes that were a few political systems before and there are no living from that era aren't relevant present day topic. Plus I absolutely support that here you can't sue people for just about everything. What is generally discouraged and seen as an attempt to extract money rather than fulfilling any kind of justice.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, I dont see how anyone can avoid forbidding, for instance murder, maybe for a few that will create "forbidden fruit" but you know.

I do think its stupid to have people apologize for crimes they did not commit, I dont share the "all gentiles are to blame for the holocaust" idea either or other sorts of "collective punishment" ideas popular with ID politics people either.

On the other hand rape isnt taken seriously at all. Even the "violence not sex" explanation of the crime itself, which is fair enough, has meant a lot of people now think of it as on a par with a "punch up", rape has way worse and more enduring PTSD consequences for individuals and their families most of the time. I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe if the amount of homosexual sex crimes involving male victims was more well known it could change things. I dont know. Even the prospect that a lot of the male population can not empathize with or have so much objectified women that this should be the case is a bit depressing.

Well, forbidden fruit is perhaps clumsy English on my part here. Perhaps "giving people ideas" would be a better term here. My point was simply that empty blame games generally don't end well. In my part of the world this game was played even among whole nations and that that didn't end well. Since it ended with concentration camps a number of times.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think would be a better idea to try and tackle the problem of male rapists?

Mass castration

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Eys8VM9WQAUHMqF

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mitch McConnell would do well to read the Bible more often: No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon.

Good advice in general, even divorced from its religious context. But, that never dissuaded anyone from giving it a try: Sitting on billions, Catholic dioceses amassed taxpayer aid

Lark

Mitch McConnell would do well to read the Bible more often: No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon.

Good advice in general, even divorced from its religious context. But, that never dissuaded anyone from giving it a try: Sitting on billions, Catholic dioceses amassed taxpayer aid

They creeping up on the tele-evangelists or something?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'White Lives Matter' rallies flop as hardly anyone shows up

In semi-private, encrypted chats, neo-Nazis and other far-right extremists planned rallies in dozens of cities Sunday to promote their racist movements and spread their ideologies to larger audiences.

Hyped by organizers as events that would make “the whole world tremble,” the rallies ran into a major problem: Hardly anyone showed up.

The “White Lives Matter” rallies, the first major real-world organizing efforts by white supremacists since 2018, were planned on the encrypted app Telegram after many aligned groups were alleged to have taken part in the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S Capitol.

The poor showing underscores how the country’s unpopular and disorganized extremist movements have been driven underground by increased scrutiny from the media, law enforcement agencies and far-left activists who infiltrate their private online spaces and disrupt their attempts to communicate and organize...

Got pwnd, bad time to be a fascist.

In Raleigh, North Carolina, a small crowd of antifa and anti-racist protesters gathered at the park where the “White Lives Matter” march was planned. They marched around downtown behind a large white sign that read, “WE ACCEPT YOUR SURRENDER.”

.... also, you're not gonna get a bunch of white people to show up to protest if they don't feel their current issues are revolving around them being white.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^It's like that meme of the tiny bat yelling, "Stop touching me! I AM THE NIGHT!" - except instead of a tiny adorable bat, it's a pile of shit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
^It's like that meme of the tiny bat yelling, "Stop touching me! I AM THE NIGHT!" - except instead of a tiny adorable bat, it's a pile of shit.

It's pretty bad for a "movement" when more white people show up to protest it than march in it.

In the same vein - this happened last week.

VIDEO: Black Lives Matter Activists Lead Protest For White Man Killed In Lansing Police Custody | The Crusader Newspaper Group

It took a long time for this video to surface, much like the Army officer in VA that was maced and kicked - 5 months for that to come out. But it's shitty that it takes videos to validate what people are saying however, we have yet another FTP Minneapolis moment on our hands. Why cops need to draw guns on unarmed traffic stops, even ones that flee, is beyond me.