• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ElDiHhZVgAAeDjw

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Voted
Voted biden
Told my parents I voted trump
No fight no problem.

Jaguar

"On Nov. 4th you won't hear anything about COVID"? This guy should be locked up, he's a public health hazard.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Make sure to lock your children up tight folks, we’ve got coyotes running rampant across these here parts tonight! Think I can find a child-sized coyote saddle on Amazon? Maybe eBay...

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Make sure to lock your children up tight folks, we’ve got coyotes running rampant across these here parts tonight! Think I can find a child-sized coyote saddle on Amazon? Maybe eBay...

You do know Coyote is a common code name for human traffickers/smugglers, and guides through the Mexican desert right? Who also leave many to die in the desert, if they cannot make the journey.

Coyote (person) - Wikipedia.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You do know Coyote is a common code name for human traffickers/smugglers, and guides through the Mexican desert right? Who also leave many to die in the desert, if they cannot make the journey.

Yes I do. I am mocking many of the Twitter posts abound asking how literal coyotes could possibly snatch up children...:doh:The memes out there btw are lovely, go check them out.

Lark

Not just if they cant make the journey, sometimes leaving them to die of thirst is the whole point, once you have the money.

There were many instances of similar trafficking massacres in eastern europe during the Cold War, one which I remember reading about involved bringing people into a cave network which had an iron railing along one wall and water on the floor, when the people entered and gripped the rail to keep their balance a current was run through it and killed them.

These kinds of crimes depend on the fact that most of their victims can not contact the authorities, also on the authorities lack of interest in the real criminals, that they will prosecute the victims. Perfect for the sorts of social order that exist in Mexico and that existed in the former soviet union.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes I do. I am mocking many of the Twitter posts abound asking how literal coyotes could possibly snatch up children...:doh:The memes out there btw are lovely, go check them out.

I wasn't aware it was a joke, I just remmeber some politician in Georgia or something tweeting and mocking the president because she thought he meant the animal. Which is just another injustice towards Trump regardless of facts to me. So I got a bit reactive. :)

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

Just wanted to share my thoughts because this video somewhat provoked me.

In this video the man shares a line of reasoning that basically punishes innocent people for things they are not responsible for, due to seeing people primarily in "groups" instead of seeing them as "individuals" first. It's a perspective that comes from a mentality that is "us VS them" not according to what "each person" has done, but what "types of people" have done. Then, these said "types of people" or "groups" or "categories of humans" become the targets of retaliation.

There are several problems I have with this.

1) It dishes out racism against those who haven't been racist at all, even those who have been respectful and treating people equally for their entire lives.

2) Modern day society has shifted away from racism greatly, yet is being punished for the actions of ancestors, which they had nothing to do with. This is not synchronous with the idea of promoting a racism free future for everyone - rather, it perpetuates the cycle and breeds more racism.

3) I'll make the point that it promotes a cycle of more racism a separate bullet as well, and elaborate. I think that when people who have promoted diversity and equality have racism taken out on them unjustly, it creates anger in them and also breeds a sort of...justification for saying racist things. One retaliates against a "group" of people that includes those who have not been associated with the deeds themselves, then the group that's just been retaliated against retaliates back. Each of them feel justified in their actions, and therefore the racism is not stopped, but exacerbated. I myself can admit openly and honestly that although I've always been a huge promoter of diversity and I am not racist at heart, when I hear someone being racist in a way that includes me, I suddenly feel more inclined to retaliate in the same way. The anger it breeds in me is one that leaves me calloused toward those specific racist individuals. While I'm mature enough not to act upon these feelings, I can understand that I am not alone in my reactions and not everyone is able to see reasons to push these temptations aside, especially in the midst of anger, which is many times impulsive in nature.

Don't punish people for things they haven't done wrong. Often times, they start to think if they're going to be punished for it anyway, they may as well do the thing they're being accused of. Other times, they may become competitive about things, each trying to outdo the other and "win." It may also leave them without sympathy for the ways people have been treated. It does NOT give them a taste of their own medicine, because it was never these peoples' medicine in the first place. Instead, being racist back against "white people" as a whole basically takes things out on people who have been on the side of black people or whoever, promoting fairness and equality for them. It's basically a slap in the face for those who have been siding with you. It's basically betraying your allies simply because they physically look like some of your discriminating foes. It's failing to show them the same respect, equality, and fairness that they have shown you. They've defended you, gone to bat for you, and now you turn around and attack them with the same insults they've been standing with you against, basically. It's just fucked up.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like Jon Stewart but he kind of comes across as a bit of an ass here. “You would like people to buy your book.” Yes, just as you wanted people to watch your show.

The level of flak this woman gets wherever she goes, yet she manages to keep her calm and keep on topic.

It’s a shame right wing nationalists have tried to co-opt and use her messages to their own ends.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It is starting to look as another hurricane hit into Louisiana. As if someone really painted the bullseye on the state this year.