• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also [MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] thank you for your willingness to discuss with me as well. I always get something out of these discourses with everyone here, even if I seem a lil boneheaded once in a while.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
While you are suggesting the opinion piece comes from this background, it has built into a discussion of my own opinion piece on flaws in our education system. Education systems should not teach me to be loyal nor disloyal. They should not teach me moral or immoral. They should be teaching me how to derive facts, opinions, and values on my own through critical thinking and analysis of factual documents and rules in front of me.

My conclusion does not in fact suggest we should not want better health care, I suggest students are taught to critically think, see the most viable solutions, learn to speak their minds and opinions diplomatically, and know that America needs them to do this. Not to just regurgitate anything and everything put in front of them.

See, I could have taken this opinion piece and then regurgitated what these people believe. I did not. Changing the status quo means changing the regurgitation process as well. I read it, I then associated experience and other data within my brain to piece together a bigger thing from this. Obviously, he as a writer was more strict upon the idea that this is merely a "raging liberal" issue. I'm compelled to argue for ages Americans have merely been trained to regurgitate the information placed in front of them rather than discover for themselves, to research and find truth. Many people say they want to find truth but are they really looking for it?

What I'm suggesting, since it seems I must be suggesting something, is simple: part of that critical thinking is realizing that a lot of the diplomatically worded and suggested viable solutions just like everything else: Comes from an agenda.

It's my hope that you'd be inspired to use the tools around you to recognize facts, and observe opinions, and derive values on your own through critical thinking and analysis of factual documents and rules in front of you.

You're of course free to, as Rafiki says, run from it or learn from it.:shrug:

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I'm suggesting, since it seems I must be suggesting something, is simple: part of that critical thinking is realizing that a lot of the diplomatically worded and suggested viable solutions just like everything else: Comes from an agenda.

It's my hope that you'd be inspired to use the tools around you to recognize facts, and observe opinions, and derive values on your own through critical thinking and analysis of factual documents and rules in front of you.

You're of course free to, as Rafiki says, run from it or learn from it.:shrug:

Certainly, it is clearly written as an opinion piece. An opinion piece naturally has an agenda with it. I do find some opinion pieces to provoke a little thought in me, like suggesting Ruth Ginsburg should be an example of us all better learning to peacefully but strongly dissent, or how we need to work harder today to fight for the future of others and how being willing to fight things now is not in fact just a selfish act for convenience.

To make a solid point as well: I've long wondered why America is one of the only countries without universal healthcare, besides the fact big pharma and insurance companies love raping people's wallets. I find healthcare costs appalling. It is depressing how over the years many times we only go to the doctor if we are...well dying. My family can't afford those kind of medical bills. Even worse is mental health. The only therapists my mother's medicaid will cover are absolutely horrid at dealing with her conditions. So many people suffer who shouldn't have to because somehow people's health is a BUSINESS rather than a right.

The Cat

Staff member
Certainly, it is clearly written as an opinion piece. An opinion piece naturally has an agenda with it. I do find some opinion pieces to provoke a little thought in me, like suggesting Ruth Ginsburg should be an example of us all better learning to peacefully but strongly dissent, or how we need to work harder today to fight for the future of others and how being willing to fight things now is not in fact just a selfish act for convenience.

To make a solid point as well: I've long wondered why America is one of the only countries without universal healthcare, besides the fact big pharma and insurance companies love raping people's wallets. I find healthcare costs appalling. It is depressing how over the years many times we only go to the doctor if we are...well dying. My family can't afford those kind of medical bills. Even worse is mental health. The only therapists my mother's medicaid will cover are absolutely horrid at dealing with her conditions. So many people suffer who shouldn't have to because somehow people's health is a BUSINESS rather than a right.

[MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] says it pretty well, but I'll go ahead and agree. America hates poor people. We really throw off the general vibe that the rich ostriches are going for, so they can feel more comfortable about life. Classism didnt go away with the industrial revolution. It just put on a different mask. It still hates poor people.

- - - Updated - - -

or serfs if your nostalgic.

The Cat

Staff member
If you want to know what kinds of things make me angry [MENTION=33903]Jazzy Orchid[/MENTION] ^check out the above.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
rich bosses and company owners generally seem to be perfectly fine with taking every precaution for themselves whilst expecting the cogs in the machine to function as though Covid were make believe. Double standards..

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As long as we keep voting into office politicians who hold this view, the current state of affairs will prevail. Ironic how many of these elected officials claim to be Christian, which I thought implied much more concern for one's fellow human beings than this. They have no problem pushing Christian morality on everyone else (or at least their view of Christian morality) when it comes to abortion or gay marriage, but heaven forbid they push Jesus' example of reaching out to the poor and marginalized, of being the Good Samaritan, of sharing the loaves and fishes with everyone. Then they are happy to leave things to "market forces". I would like to see Jesus chase those moneylenders out of the temple.

Jaguar

Get up off your fat asses and actually help the poor instead of faking outrage at yet one. more. thing.

The Cat

Staff member
Get up off your fat asses and actually help the poor instead of faking outrage at yet one. more. thing.

Indeed. Most people I think would be shocked how easy it is to get started. Whether finding local organizations to volunteer at or donate too, or as some of our members have demonstrated, just being tuned into the needs of people around you when you have the opportunity. It doesnt typically take much immediate effort when you get right down to it. Which is a big part of why it not happening is so tragic.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140827214710-141895933-top-10-ways-to-help-poor-and-needy-people

https://www.americanprogress.org/is...ons-to-cut-poverty-and-grow-the-middle-class/

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
The more people talk about helping the poor, the more obvious it is that talk is all they have to offer.

Want to help a poor person? Give them a job. Or give them your skilled labor or whatever else you're good at. Anything else is just a token handout that does more for you than them.

The Cat

Staff member
The more people talk about helping the poor, the more obvious it is that talk is all they have to offer.

Want to help a poor person? Give them a job. Or give them your skilled labor or whatever else you're good at. Anything else is just a token handout that does more for you than them.

Gosh really? I sometimes wonder about you. It never really takes long.