• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

EXRJbfXXsAMtCho.png

That last one is the big one Bob, you knpw that last one is the one that really sticks. It's fantastic, the funeral...I knew the people-great people who planned it, they made sure everything was set up. Everything was there-- laid out as I was put to rest-- exactly as I laid out in my will: Person, man, woman, camera, tv. It was a fantastic funeral.

;)

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
RIP RBG.

I know a lot of people looked up to and appreciated her. It's too bad. I hope they save her replacement process for after january.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
RIP RBG.

I know a lot of people looked up to and appreciated her. It's too bad. I hope they save her replacement process for after january.

No way they would save it, and you know for a fact if the positions were reversed. They wouldn't save it either.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, you can forget about that happening. Hypocrisy incoming!

You're acting like that isn't already common place. At this point, it's just power grabbing between the parties.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
You're acting like that isn't already common place. At this point, it's just power grabbing between the parties.

So? Are you adovcationg for the devil here? Or are you just being fatalistic? :shrug:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It would be hypocritical. I'm against it. As tempting as the idea is to prevent another awful democrat appointed activist judge, the honorable thing to do would be to let the people decide in November.
There will be enough republican senators who see it this way to prevent it from happening, despite Mconnell's efforts.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be hypocritical. I'm against it. As tempting as the idea is to prevent another awful democrat appointed activist judge, the honorable thing to do would be to let the people decide in November.

"If put passion before principal, already you lose."

When the other side plays dirty, there is no point in being honorable. When has it ever gotten Republicans anything? They've spent 80% of their time kissing Dem ass and being spineless in the face of certain corruption and hypocrisy. Do they expect Democrats just to give them a pat on the back and say "good boy" when ever they wag their tails for them? If one side refuses to treat the other with respect, then all sense of coherant negotiation is lost. It was obvious in the last 4 years. Dems do not seek compromise, they seek domination. When words fail, action speaks.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So? Are you adovcationg for the devil here? Or are you just being fatalistic? :shrug:

Hypocrisy is a fact in politics. It just depends on who does it. If Information is controlled largely by one side of the conversation, only their enemies will ever be "hypocritical" in the public's eye.

ANDzaAT.jpg

Example A

Jaguar

Should Mark Kelly(D) boot Martha McSally(R) from her Senate seat in their special election, he could be sworn in early.

Lark

Freedom's what its all about at the end of the day.

Freedom and love.

That's what its all about.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
When the other side plays dirty, there is no point in being honorable. When has it ever gotten Republicans anything? They've spent 80% of their time kissing Dem ass and being spineless in the face of certain corruption and hypocrisy. Do they expect Democrats just to give them a pat on the back and say "good boy" when ever they wag their tails for them? If one side refuses to treat the other with respect, then all sense of coherant negotiation is lost. It was obvious in the last 4 years. Dems do not seek compromise, they seek domination. When words fail, action speaks.

I feel you, I really do. But for me political values are a reflection of personal values, and I'm not going to compromise those personal values for political gain. I'm primarily with the right because it's pro individualism- but if I compromise my individual values for collective party gain, it just self defeats. The left is a lot more borg hive-mind like, so of course they are going to get more done as a team, but the more individuality a person sacrifices the more agency they forfeit the more dependent and confined they become and ultimately the more miserable they become. Have you ever met a happy proactive and ambitious leftist? What do political "wins" matter if it sabotages your life and makes you miserable regardless? Hard pass, I've got my own plan.

I don't really care about SCOTUS appointments, or their timelines. I didn't buy the Mconnell argument back during the Obama administration for holding the judge appointment over until the next election, it was just a political play that ultimately was effective. I don't really have a problem with Trump appointing her replacement, since he is the current president, she died on his watch, and that's part of the job. However- since McConnell already did what he did (regardless of how legitimate it was back then), it just wouldn't be objectively fair to have a double standard- especially for someone like RBG, who soooooo many people on the left look up to like a Pope. If Trump wins again he can replace her anyway, and legitimately through and through, but it really just feels wrong to me- from an objective sportsmanship kind of perspective- to do leftists like that. I agree that their ideology is toxic, and most of them are awful, but they are still human beings that share a baseline with the rest of us and just because they don't ever want to play fair doesn't mean that I want that, even if it means losing. Better to enjoy the game, win or lose, than to hate the game, win or lose.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What you are describing here is the exact opposite of what happened with the last two appointments though.