• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Jaguar

So how does it feel to behave like a prostitute instead of a real lawyer?

Lane Ruland was spotted by a local reporter Tuesday outside of the state election commission building in Madison, dropping off ballot signatures for West. The elections lawyer, who is part of a team representing president Donald Trump’s campaign in a defamation lawsuit against a Wisconsin television station, was later identified by Vice.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I worry about all the ideological inbreeding and collective mental health of the country since people have ceased communicating across the aisle. I feel that on a fundamental level, beneath all of tribal pedantry and pseudo religious castigation, the left and the right are attracted to one another- and trying to satisfy that attraction somehow someway by fucking our ideological siblings is only adding to our collective contempt and dissatisfaction with society. The left wants people who are independent and strong of character, yet it's own ranks are swelled with codependents who do or say whatever the group wants them to. The right wants people who are creative and compassionate, yet it's own ranks are swelled with self interested cutthroats with very little depth of feeling. We look around at our tribe, identify what it's lacking, then presume it's the other tribes fault and that the other tribe must be worse in all regards by virtue of its evilness- so the left ends up castigating the right as manipulative sheep who only listen to what foxnews tells them, while the right castigates the left as heartless selfish baby killers with no compassion.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
America has no confirmed criminal class. Apart from Congress.

Lark

I worry about all the ideological inbreeding and collective mental health of the country since people have ceased communicating across the aisle. I feel that on a fundamental level, beneath all of tribal pedantry and pseudo religious castigation, the left and the right are attracted to one another- and trying to satisfy that attraction somehow someway by fucking our ideological siblings is only adding to our collective contempt and dissatisfaction with society. The left wants people who are independent and strong of character, yet it's own ranks are swelled with codependents who do or say whatever the group wants them to. The right wants people who are creative and compassionate, yet it's own ranks are swelled with self interested cutthroats with very little depth of feeling. We look around at our tribe, identify what it's lacking, then presume it's the other tribes fault and that the other tribe must be worse in all regards by virtue of its evilness- so the left ends up castigating the right as manipulative sheep who only listen to what foxnews tells them, while the right castigates the left as heartless selfish baby killers with no compassion.

This sounds so much like Disco Biscuit.

Jaguar

At about 1:00 PM deputies responded to the location regarding a disturbance involving the store manager and a customer, later identified as Scott Thomas, 39-years-old, resident of Montclair.

Gas station employees reported the suspect was upset because he was refused service for not wearing a mask properly inside the store and threw a display rack at the victim.

The disturbance between the two escalated outside the store when the victim stood behind Thomas’ truck in an attempt to get a picture of the license plate. Thomas put his truck in reverse and accelerated, stated officials.

According to a news release, the victim didn’t have time to get out of the way, so he jumped on the trailer hitch and held on to the tailgate. Thomas sped out of the parking lot with the victim holding on to the tailgate.

“The victim jumped inside the bed of the truck for safety because Thomas would not slow down enough for him to jump off safely. Thomas drove erratically for about a mile, accelerating and slamming on his brakes several times before he pulled over, grabbed the victim and threw him to the ground,” stated the news release.

Wacko alert.

Lark

Wacko alert.

I dont disagree, it also shows how easily triggered the right wing are becoming, this is the kind of thing I would only have read about previously from someone on the militant fringes of the LGBT or Trans movements on the "left".

I think fundamentally we're getting to a point where some sort of inability to cope with the inner and outer world not matching, or not matching enough, is becoming typical. Its transcendent of any niche politics or identity, or becoming so, and instead is spreading, becoming common place.

Like in the past people may have had an idea of what they'd consider the world should be like or what norms or expectations they carried and hoped others or the world at large could conform to too but they'd not lose their shit if they discovered it didnt, at least not in this fashion, so far someone wishing to sabotage or monkey wrench a culture or nation or people goes its absolutely freaking genius.

Seriously, that's some Shinobi level shit, totally Shogun Total War and Tsun Tzu stuff.

Lark

One down, a whole bunch more fraudulent, unethical, money laundering, organized crime wannabe lobbying groups to go.

NRA lawsuit: New York attorney general sues to dissolve the National Rifle Association - CNNPolitics

There are several groups to join if you are a gun/outdoor enthusiast that are much more ethical with inclusionary values.

I think that there's a lot of gun lobbyists besides the NRA, I know as long as ten years ago people were getting tired of their begging letters and fund raising.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If the right were willing to come to their senses and completely disavow and shed the ethnonationalists from their ranks, and the left were willing do the same with the PC police and the ideological purity patrol, I think they could learn a lot from one another. Then they could both work to topple the neoliberal and neoconservative elitists in government who always put the interests of their corporate donors ahead of those of the general public.

But this is a pipe dream and will probably never happen.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think that there's a lot of gun lobbyists besides the NRA, I know as long as ten years ago people were getting tired of their begging letters and fund raising.

The NRA's purpose was to lobby for gun manufactures and run interference and create propaganda for lawmakers that took money from them to create laws benefiting gun manufactures.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, Gun Owners of America and National Association for Gun Rights do the same sorts of things, they can also get shot into the sun.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
If the right were willing to come to their senses and completely disavow and shed the ethnonationalists from their ranks, and the left were willing do the same with the PC police and the ideological purity patrol, I think they could learn a lot from one another. Then they could both work to topple the neoliberal and neoconservative elitists in government who always put the interests of their corporate donors ahead of those of the general public.

But this is a pipe dream and will probably never happen.

I feel like 90% of people could easily get behind this, so maybe not a pipe dream...

Lark

The NRA's purpose was to lobby for gun manufactures and run interference and create propaganda for lawmakers that took money from them to create laws benefiting gun manufactures.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation, Gun Owners of America and National Association for Gun Rights do the same sorts of things, they can also get shot into the sun.

I think I'd heard former NRA supporters moving to support the GOA but it could have been a variation on that, there's the other group Jews for Guns, I think the blogger Black Man With A Gun or Heartless Libertarian blogger used to mention them.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master.

Jaguar

During the USPS's quarterly board of governors meeting Friday, DeJoy said he negotiated the loan terms with Mnuchin. Upon accessing the loan, the Postal Service, subject to confidentiality restrictions, will hand over proprietary contracts for its 10 largest service agreements with private sector shippers. Those businesses use the mail service for "last mile" package delivery from distribution centers to consumers' homes or businesses.

Mnuchin had sought sweeping operational control of the Postal Service in previous loan terms, including provisions that would allow the Trump administration to approve senior postal personnel decisions, service contracts with third-party shippers, collective bargaining negotiation strategies and high package prices.

In April shortly after Congress authorized the loan, Trump called the Postal Service "a joke" and said he would not approve any emergency funding unless the USPS quadrupled package delivery prices, a move analysts say would quickly bankrupt the agency by chasing away customers to private-sector competitors.

What do you expect? His idea of success is filing bankruptcy.

Jaguar

Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master.

cat_stalking_gerbil_275.jpg