• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
U.S. national security adviser Robert O'Brien has become the highest ranking official in President Donald Trump's inner circle to test positive for the coronavirus.

What national security?

The kind where an administration guts public health funding over the course of 2 years and make a surprised Pikachu face when a pandemic affects their inner circle (I believe Mike Pence's CoS or Press Secretary or someone tested positive not too long ago as well).

Pinker85

Today I learned traffic accidents cause 820 billion a year in damages. Amazon made 12 billion in profit and gross 84 billion in 2019. I don't entirely know what that means but holy crud the industries related to traffic fatalities is massive.

I also learned something like 100 kids are kidnapped by strangers every year in the US, there are 74 million minors in the US.

The top two ways people die is heart disease and cancer, if your top two ways of dying are related to exercise and diet, why worry about stuff that has as much chance of happening as being struck by lightening while being attacked by a shark. Why worry about flesh eating bacteria, worry about if you workout 45 minutes a day and eat your greens and veggies.

I think I'm more worried about why people can't afford fresh produce in my country and decent food than I am about a lot of other issues.

Jaguar

A Houston doctor who went viral because of a now-deleted video where she touted hydroxychloroquine as a “cure” for COVID-19 has said Jesus Christ will destroy Facebook’s servers if the footage is not restored.

Only in America.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A Houston doctor who went viral because of a now-deleted video where she touted hydroxychloroquine as a “cure” for COVID-19 has said Jesus Christ will destroy Facebook’s servers if the footage is not restored.

Only in America.

It's Texas. Very on brand to allow this crank to keep practicing medicine.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]
Do you know if there are any plans for an Irish Amazon after Brexit? I love British TV series and usually order my DVDs from there. That will become harder and more expensive after this year. Or is there some Irish online shop that mails to the continent that you could recommend? Other than that I'll wait for an independent Scotland to join the EU :D

Jaguar

The new postmaster general, Louis DeJoy, a Trump appointee and a former top fundraiser for the president's campaign, wants postal carriers to gather and deliver all the mail for their route at one time in the morning. Currently, many mail carriers return to the post office to sort and pick up mail that's come in for delivery in the afternoon. The USPS says this will cut down on transportation and overtime labor costs.

If I don't get any mail two days in a row, you people are not going to like the volume of my voice come Monday.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I wonder if any of the cop fetishists, ever stop to consider that this flag..

81YHJbwVW0L._AC_SX522_.jpg

looks so very much like this flag...

leather-pride-flag-std%20%281%29.jpg

I'm sure it's only somewhat deliberate.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A society can be simultaneously misogynistic and misandrist. There’s not an on/off setting where only one mode can be activated at any given time. They’re not mutually exclusive attitudes.

Be strong and aware of hate in all its forms, not just the ones that stoke the addictive flames of anger.

A lot of white people are waking up and noticing the ingrained institutional racism against non white persons. This can be an uncomfortable process, but accepting the existence of hate and coming to terms with one’s own biases was never supposed to be a pleasant experience in the first place.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A society can be simultaneously misogynistic and misandrist.
That's because both are rooted in the same thing - gender bias: the making of broad-brush gender-based assumptions, of viewing the other gender as "other", and those within it as less than the individuals they are.

Jaguar

If we all could wait until the second week of December in 2000, we can wait in the year 2020. At least there won't be any 'hanging chads' or 'pregnant chads' this time. Chill out, fellas.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Left wing anarchism, not liberalism, is the true path to an egalitarian society that values the contributions and input of all individuals

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don’t feel sympathy for male feminists who’ve been me too’ed. I stumbled onto videos David Silverman made since he was me too’ed, and while it seems the evidence was on his side and his name was somewhat cleared, he’s ranting about due process and liars. This motherfucker was one of the people who sided with that movement back in 2017. “Let’s be good skeptics and look at all evidence, guys!” Where was his skepticism before it was his neck on the chopping block?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve never read a tell-all book before, but when Barron Trump eventually publishes one in 10-20 years, I might have to read that