• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

So this motherfucking pile of shit just looked the other way because, Russia? They will need one of those deli number thingies for the line of military alone that want to beat the fuck out of this bitch.

This isn't treason, at least legally speaking. But the justifications coming out of the right's mouth at this point is just....expected. And no one doubted this report at all, no one dismissed it because everyone knows it probably IS true.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
This isn't treason, at least legally speaking. But the justifications coming out of the right's mouth at this point is just....expected. And no one doubted this report at all, no one dismissed it because everyone knows it probably IS true.

Even if it isn't outright treason, it sure is straddling the line considering Trump supposedly had known about this bounty system at the time when he was pushing for Russia to be invited to the G7.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Even if it isn't outright treason, it sure is straddling the line considering Trump supposedly had known about this bounty system at the time when he was pushing for Russia to be invited to the G7.

Yes it's pushing it. But MAGA will drown out everything with their drooling gibberish and the GOP will be the capitulating pussies they've been to this point so nothing will come of it.

Lark

I'm reading Bertrand Russell's Political Ideals, its a pretty old book, predates the second war, probably after the first one and talks about home rulers and unionists in a context that makes me think the ROI was not independent of the UK at the point he was writing which could date it as being before Easter 1916, in any case its really great.

I wish there was much more of this sort of political writing and thinking current than actually is the case, I feel most of the time that weird conservatism and weird liberalism dominate too much, instead of this sort of thing I'm reading now.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION], what are your thoughts on the Bottom Unity movement?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
EbmQf0EWoAMkQ70

America, we had a good run.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dare anyone who doesn't think systemic racism is real to read this article., which focuses on redlining.

The case for reparations

Useful if anyone wants to know the real reasons Democrat-run cities have segregated neighbors, and actually wants to know the reasons for that beyond "other team bad". Democrat and Chicago don't come out of this article unscathed, (of course not, because it's SYSTEMIC RACISM). I just get the impression that when people point out the party in charge (the DEMOCRAT party), that's not because they understand or care about what's actually going on. It's more a regurgitation of empty-headed talking points rather than actually wanting to understand these problems. But prove me wrong, and read the article. You might get some good criticisms of the DEMOCRAT party out of it, only now, they would come from an informed place.

I'll be waiting. (I'm not holding my breath, though; I don't want to die of asphyxiation.)

By the way, you can't paint yourself as someone who values reason if you're afraid to read articles by people from an opposing point of view.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Right wing conservatism undermines family values and personal liberty. Prove me wrong, and not by using a whataboutism like “the libs are just as bad”. I’m not arguing for liberalism, just against right wing reactionary conservatism

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trump, the ultimate corporatist, may best represent how much the American version of conservatism (which isn’t at all real conservatism) is at odds with family and community.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And here we were wondering how Roberts would shake out:
Supreme Court Strikes Down Louisiana Abortion Restrictions - The New York Times

Roberts said he thought the court was wrong to strike down the Texas law, but he voted with the majority because that was binding precedent. "The Louisiana law imposes a burden on access to abortion just as severe as that imposed by the Texas law, for the same reasons. Therefore Louisiana's law cannot stand under our precedents."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is John Roberts the new Earl Warren?

What I see in the recent slew of rulings [with a court viewed from the outside as politically polarized] is an attempt to maintain court precedent under his watch. (The gay/trans ruling was another that many of the federal courts had previously issued and was a court precedent even if SCOTUS hadn't weighed in.)

He didn't say Trump couldn't change DACA, he just confirmed he hadn't yet lived up to the low bar established previously that Trump was supposed to cross.

He didn't vote for the Texas ruling last time and he didn't join the majority writeup this time, but by god he's gonna keep it consistent...

i.e., he's assume a role in trying to ensure the court is still considered legitimate.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I see in the recent slew of rulings [with a court viewed from the outside as politically polarized] is an attempt to maintain court precedent under his watch. (The gay/trans ruling was another that many of the federal courts had previously issued and was a court precedent even if SCOTUS hadn't weighed in.)

He didn't say Trump couldn't change DACA, he just confirmed he hadn't yet lived up to the low bar established previously that Trump was supposed to cross.

He didn't vote for the Texas ruling last time and he didn't join the majority writeup this time, but by god he's gonna keep it consistent...

i.e., he's assume a role in trying to ensure the court is still considered legitimate.

So in the least, he's doing his job as it was intended.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Americans Want More, Not Less, Immigration for First Time

Support for increased immigration is at historic highs this year among both Democrats and political independents. Republicans' views on increasing immigration have not changed much over the past decade. The rise among Democrats and independents coincides with a period of time when Republican leadership has attempted to limit immigration via physical barriers or changes to visa restrictions and de jure bans of immigrants from over 10 countries.

So yet another poll that shows America is sick of the GOP's shit.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Another potential pandemic from China? Seriously? Holy shit, it's the end of the world. Time to nuke China.

Or build bigger walls around China if Trump gets re-elected.