• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
poland-why-do-you-hate-me-you-gave-me-communism-1177800.png

LOL It is not a reason of hate.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We should declare war on the moon. We've put up with their terrorist tidal waves long enoguh.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Remember when the ACLU actually defended due process?

Pepperidge Farms remembers

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The latest report on politically motivated crime in Germany is out. The total number of cases has increased to 41.200 incidents. That's an increase of about 14%.

These cases are divided into categories: right, left, religious and foreign ideology.

Right wing crime makes up over 22.000 of those 41.200 cases. Most cases of assault and physical violence fall into this category. It also includes racist graffiti, sending death threats, etc. Right wing crime increased by 9.4%

Left wing crime increased even more with an increase of 23.7%. Most cases of arson fall into this category. Left wing crime is often about destruction of property.

Religiously motivated (mostly islamist) crime decreased by 27% down to 425 cases.

There is a fourth category "motivated by foreign political ideology" which also went down by almost 24%.

Antisemitic crime (including graffiti) went up 13% to 2023 cases. In 93% of the cases the perpetrators turned out to be rightwing (important to note because it's a common talking point that antisemitic crimes are mostly caused by Muslims). Antisemitic crimes are at a 20 year high.

Islamophobic crimes went up by 4.4% to 950 cases.

Overall ideologically motivated crimes are at the second highest since their introduction in 2001.

There were several high profile murders and murder attempts by rightwing extremists last year including the shooting of a local conservative politician by a neonazi.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It looks like another bailout or whatever that is about 2% of GDP. Therefore the federal public debt is approaching 122% of GDP instead of 120% (while with local one is already at 137%). What are "Italy style" numbers.

Usdebtclock.org/

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am wondering for some time about idea that at this point China is basically a Nazi country. Since as it moved somewhat to the right in economy over the last few decades it should be close to Nazi Germany on the two axis political test. Plus even on fact by fact it fits.

Very authoritarian government - check
Very strong influence of the state on the media - check
Locking up unwanted minorities into camps and general police state - check
Cult of personality - check
Strong iconography - check
One party system - check
Global expansionism with big plans - check
Industrious mixed economy - check
Strong army - check

It fits the profile.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am wondering for some time about idea that at this point China is basically a Nazi country. Since as it moved somewhat to the right in economy over the last few decades it should be close to Nazi Germany on the two axis political test. Plus even on fact by fact it fits.

Very authoritarian government - check
Very strong influence of the state on the media - check
Locking up unwanted minorities into camps and general police state - check
Cult of personality - check
Strong iconography - check
One party system - check
Global expansionism with big plans - check
Industrious mixed economy - check
Strong army - check

It fits the profile.

It's obviously authoritarian, the other points you list are mostly subaspects of authoritarianism. That doesn't make them nazist (or fascist). Authoritarianism is a governing system, not an ideology. It isn't helpful when these terms are used interchangeably.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It's obviously authoritarian, the other points you list are mostly subaspects of authoritarianism. That doesn't make them nazist (or fascist). Authoritarianism is a governing system, not an ideology. It isn't helpful when these terms are used interchangeably.

Well I am obviously expanding the definition and what I am saying requires certain open mindedness. Since mix of authoritarianism, nationalism, mixed economy and expansionism indeed have kinda Nazi vibe to it. Both governing style and ideology match for the most part, while iconography is somewhat off, but iconography is the least important in the mix. I am simply saying that strictly associating word Nazi with Germany is perhaps shortsighted. Especially since modern China isn't textbook Communist country either.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I am obviously expanding the definition and what I am saying requires certain open mindedness. Since mix of authoritarianism, nationalism, mixed economy and expansionism indeed have kinda Nazi vibe to it. Both governing style and ideology match for the most part, while iconography is somewhat off, but iconography is the least important in the mix. I am simply saying that strictly associating word Nazi with Germany is perhaps shortsighted. Especially since modern China isn't textbook Communist country either.

I have a deadline to keep and can't go into detail right now, but I find the distinction important. Yes, China obviously isn't communist. That much we an agree on. More later.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have a deadline to keep and can't go into detail right now, but I find the distinction important. Yes, China obviously isn't communist. That much we an agree on. More later.

Well that was indeed random though. But I will listen to the counter-argument.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think by any objective metric, things are the worst in the country than they have ever been in my lifetime, with the possible exception of foreign policy. People have a silly conception of what "great" is, I guess.

100000 deaths, the beginning of a recession (depression?) and riots in practically every city

image_67bd1ea3-0c28-44f9-bc21-bf844a827f83_1080x.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think by any objective metric, things are the worst in the country than they have ever been in my lifetime, with the possible exception of foreign policy. People have a silly conception of what "great" is, I guess.

100000 deaths, the beginning of a recession (depression?) and riots in practically every city

image_67bd1ea3-0c28-44f9-bc21-bf844a827f83_1080x.jpg

lol All made in China.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Conservatives like to talk about how everyone who isn't a conservative is too emotional or based on idealistic moralism, lacking proper rationality and pragmatism. Yet, in times of disaster, provided that it's something easily observable (not nebulous like a disease or global warming), they're in constant freakout mode and respond to all arguments with empty moral platitudes (i.e., terrorism is wrong!) and virtue-signalling. America in Bush's first term after 9/11 provides us with plenty of other excellent examples of this, if someone is looking for one beyond the current moment. In crisis situations, the fear response is so strong such that they seem incapable of objectively analyzing a situation.

Also, we have to remember the presidential "leadership" about how he discussed all the peaceful protests that took place before this. Kaepernick is probably the biggest example. Evidently a peaceful protest was distasteful enough to ruin the NFL and put it on the shit list of groups he railed against. Trump's not the cause of police misconduct, but he definitely responded to previous protests in a particular way that may have scored him some short-term political points with his base, but also maybe, just maybe, might have increased the sense of the people protesting that they were not being listened to. That's not even mentioning his own history before his time as (sigh) a government official.

I do have to wonder if we'd still have riots if we had a president who was less of a clownish ghoul. Undoubtedly, the issues being protested often involve violations at a more local level, and perhaps in many ways, it might be outside the scope of the federal government to begin with. But it's hard to see how the political football (see what I did there) Trump played with Kapernick and the like helped.