• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a democratic technocracy is the way to go. We need to take the worst elements of politics out of the system but retain some choice. We need to make politics boring while keeping people engaged

Lark

I think a democratic technocracy is the way to go. We need to take the worst elements of politics out of the system but retain some choice. We need to make politics boring while keeping people engaged

Limited versus participatory democracy, sounds like Schumpeter's version of a conservative/representative democracy.

I favour something like the opposite, its the economy that needs to be democratic and participatory though, if it where and that saw off the worst aspects of capitalism then I'd guess some sort of limited political, legal order could be mandated completely, finally it'd be possible to "wither away" the state as has been part of pretty much everyone's political design, with the possible exception of fascism, since the beginning of time.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Those communists sure love to round people up. Where's the United Nations on this? Isn't there a UN Human Rights abuse council or something?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Those communists sure love to round people up. Where's the United Nations on this? Isn't there a UN Human Rights abuse council or something?

I think you should study who at the moment makes UN Human rights council.

(directly from UN site)

UN council

You are free to count how many of these countries aren't: Communist, dictatorships, banana republics, Ex communists or major trade partners of China.

Jaguar

Dumb motherfucker alert:

Iceland**
**Iceland was elected on 13 July 2018 to serve as a member from 13 July 2018 to 31 December 2019 to replace the vacancy left by the United States following its decision to withdraw its membership

Jaguar

Booker hits fundraising threshold for December debate after surge of post-debate donations.

After telling off Granny Grenade, I certainly hope so.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good idea. let's put the fate of the world in the hands of a machine that can be hacked by a 12 year old russian servant. Magnificent. Are you the president of the United States yet?

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
There's never a good bulkhead around when you need it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good idea. let's put the fate of the world in the hands of a machine that can be hacked by a 12 year old russian servant. Magnificent. Are you the president of the United States yet?

It should be unhackable, however, it should be easy for Captain Kirk or Spock to trick it with logic and cause to self-destruct by the end of a 45 minute episode.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find it hilarious/annoying the way Donald Trump overuses superlatives.

Everything is always "the worst" or "the best", never in between. Has anyone else noticed that?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it hilarious/annoying the way Donald Trump overuses superlatives.

Everything is always "the worst" or "the best", never in between. Has anyone else noticed that?

Yeah, he’s like a little toddler or an over enthusiastic valley girl from the early 80s

Jaguar

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) didn't know how to handle school choice protesters during a Thursday rally and was heard asking Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D., Mass.), "What do we do with this?"

What do we do. What do we do? Lady, why the hell are you running for any office at all when you are confounded by a conflict the size of a pea? A leader you are not.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here we are more on topic.

Any product or a medication?

Question was general.

Where did the coverage come from, who paid for it, and why?

The coverage came directly from the government since I made specific contract with them. While "Why" is a muddy issue that fundamentally comes down to "Because we believe in this". However people love this because they know they can study without great pressure that some medical bills will throw them off balance (students have enough problems as it is in setting their life). I mean in the service I got various treatments and medical exams without extra payments, I got various meds for a few dollars or fully free, basic dental care and even one surgery under anesthesia. Therefore it isn't that service is complete crap and this is exactly why we will perhaps boot people who are conservatives (by our definition of the term) from many offices in the country over the next few months. Because they are toying with what most see as "national treasure" on which we literally depend. However if you keep medicine in the domain that this shouldn't be something that makes huge profits you can make this kinds of systems and arrangements. Especially since the state educates all the doctors and nurses and therefore from the start "the game" is settled to this. Also if you can produce meds inside your borders that extra lowers the economic factors since national economy is growing out of this. However the basic premise of socialized healthcare is that by having this kind of healthcare you will make every other sector in the country more efficient while the general level of drama and stress will fall. Especially since by making medical exams free at face value for the user the people will generally check out stuff before it gets serious. What greatly reduces the cost of treatment as well as success of treatments in most cases. My mother over the years got a number of free invitations for breast cancer exam, which are preventive in nature.

Plus since this part of the world is historically unstable we need medicine to function like police or fire department. Because doctors have to be on spot when shit strikes, while private doctors can flee just as the rest of the population. Here we simply have fundamentally different approach toward medicine than USA. Which is exactly why I called US "linear" since it's logic is always based more or less on the premise that nothing will really ever change. While we believe that you should get decent treatment regardless how you are doing, is it sunny or the bomb are falling on the city. I don't think my local healthcare is God given or that the system can't be improved further but compared to what I see in many other countries this is quite decent.

There really was a Santa at one point. Surely you don't think U.S. businesses which started out with one guy and a vision outsourced to China do you? Ridiculous.

Of course not, but the general tendency is that large scale manufacture gets outsourced at this point. Actually the reason why I have mentioned outsourcing so many times isn't a pure coincidence. Since I went through two currency collapses for me concrete production is vital for stability in that regard. This is because even if you have complete economic crash as a country the functional manufacture and infrastructure allows you to much more easily transition to new currency and economy. Since this way the problem is "bureaucratic" while if you don't have concrete back-up you will have complete social mess. Which is kinda why we don't really believe in money based medicine. Everyone in my family outlived the currency "under" which they were born and due to that "strict economic conservatism" is pointless idea in our case.