• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
If men were held to the same sexual standards as women...most men would be thought of as despicable. Only men are allowed to satisfy a high sex drive. Only men can brag about it afterwards and not be put down, disrespected, and seen as inferior pieces of meat for it.

Women are products and only men can be consumers.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is a sad state of affairs that you are correct, that politicians nowadays are worse than used car salesmen. Both use similar skillsets, and have similar goals. I would not expect a fine, upstanding forum citizen such as yourself to want to be associated with this sort of thing.

That's not saying much when using used car salesmen and politicians as a standard.

This has such relevancy after tonight. XD

I don't follow US politics much but this has happened quite a few times now. I'm starting to wonder if I'm psychic.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's not saying much when using used car salesmen and politicians as a standard.

I don't follow US politics much but this has happened quite a few times now. I'm starting to wonder if I'm psychic.

oh my god the debate was a nightmare and it reminded me why I actually have spent most of my life avoiding politics when these two pieces of shit are the option. I feel the same pessimism I felt in 2016 and basically just want to cry. America is so fucked.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh my god the debate was a nightmare and it reminded me why I actually have spent most of my life avoiding politics when these two pieces of shit are the option. I feel the same pessimism I felt in 2016 and basically just want to cry. America is so fucked.

I haven't watched it and probably wouldn't after seeing the comments. I have always wondered how on earth Trump even managed to be one of the options for elections whatsoever. I've been absolutely boggled by the US's handling of the pandemic. I may be seeing things very simplistically but the country seems like it's run like a business instead of an actual country- things always seem to go back to power play and profits- the people in power become strawmen and people crawl all over themselves defending (or tearing down) the individual instead of the objectively terrible circumstances they are in. It's like watching an abusive relationship from the outside- the power play, the gaslighting, the victim blaming and blame-shifting where when one raises criticism it suddenly becomes all about the abuser and their plight instead of the real situation at hand and the oppression and injustice the victims go through.

I wish you guys had better choices.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Y'all have more standards for, and hold Walmart workers to a higher standard of discipline and behaviour than the supposedly most powerful man in your country- it truly looks like a joke from the outside looking in.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't watched it and probably wouldn't after seeing the comments. I have always wondered how on earth Trump even managed to be one of the options for elections whatsoever. I've been absolutely boggled by the US's handling of the pandemic. I may be seeing things very simplistically but the country seems like it's run like a business instead of an actual country- things always seem to go back to power play and profits- the people in power become strawmen and people crawl all over themselves defending (or tearing down) the individual instead of the objectively terrible circumstances they are in. It's like watching an abusive relationship from the outside- the power play, the gaslighting, the victim blaming and blame-shifting where when one raises criticism it suddenly becomes all about the abuser and their plight instead of the real situation at hand and the oppression and injustice the victims go through.

To say our country is run like a business is being very generous. A business manager would be more goal-oriented and effective than our government usually is. The recent revelation of Trump's tax history shows that he has been a failure as a businessman, riding on the coattails of his father's wealth.

There are much worse politicians than Joe Biden. He is actually relatively decent as our politicians go. I don't agree with him on everything, but he would not have caused the harm Trump has, and would be able to do some good for the country, if only because he would actually try.

Y'all have more standards for, and hold Walmart workers to a higher standard of discipline and behaviour than the supposedly most powerful man in your country- it truly looks like a joke from the outside looking in.
Walmart workers are held to those standards, otherwise known as laws and regulations, because they are generally on the lower end of the income spectrum. The wealthy, as in most places, can buy or threaten their way out of compliance and responsibility one way or another. Trump in particular has made it clear that he considers himself above the law, and as long as those in charge of enforcing it are too timid or self-serving to do their jobs, he will continue to get away with it.

Jaguar

oh my god the debate was a nightmare and it reminded me why I actually have spent most of my life avoiding politics when these two pieces of shit are the option.

Here's a guy who is merely 29, a total long shot for a senate seat but wins. Within weeks of winning, a truck smashes into his family's car while they were shopping for a Christmas tree and kills his wife and 1-year-old daughter. His two boys lived and eventually recovered from their injuries, and he decided not to become a senator so he could raise his two boys alone. Everyone around him tells him to go ahead as senator. After great hesitation he said "If in 6 months it's harming my ability to care for my boys, I'm quitting." He was sworn in as senator at the bedside of his two boys in their hospital room.

I don't know of many men who could handle such a devastating blow at that age and still march on. Is it any wonder his boys called him their hero? No.

That's a piece of shit? You need to reassess your values.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

This is my one takeaway from the debate. It was a little crazy to watch in real time.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

more like a pyramid scheme.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

It's very hard to understand this, or the attraction of Trump, unless you have at least a bit of nihilism. For them, Trump is a brick and the more broken windows the better. But for anyone that didn't know government isn't a business, no matter what level it is, can't be run like a business or treated as a for profit entity, they do now.

The US is simply a smash and grab jewelry store robbery for Trump and his family and friends. And this is the reason the right screams so loudly about Hunter Biden or some other meaningless shit. It's the best way to distract themselves from what Trump is taking from them.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I saw:
A shitshow. A complete shitshow where I got little perspective of what either one has for the next 4 years. I realize Biden has been riding a trail of "I'm not Trump." but I genuinely want to hear something besides "I'm not Trump." I want a plan. SOMEONE. NEEDS. A. DAMN. PLAN. And I like debates because they normally have to...idk...discuss it? Like mention their REAL plan? How it would work or their grand idea? I realize Trump didn't allow for this fully since we already KNOW he don't have a fucking plan, but Hilary held her own better before. I didn't like her, but damn.

So yes, I suggested in frustration and sheer pessimism looking at the situation, I have to choose AGAIN between two pieces of shit. For candidates. I don't necessarily mean as people. Telling me a Biden sob story doesn't make me inclined to just take my bleeding heart and go "oh well I'll vote for Biden." I saw a comment I think said it great, that debate was a GREAT commercial for 3rd party candidates.

Also telling someone to "reassess their values" doesn't change anyone's minds. My values aren't exactly republican or democrat for that matter, and when I put MOST politicians against my core values I'd consider a great majority of them, ESPECIALLY republican, to be pieces of shit. Hence I have always leaned democrat regardless of any republican policies I agree with. But Trump's republican isn't republican and a good deal of democratic candidates this year weren't actual democrats. The parties are using old labels but are something completely different now.

In reality I suppose to suggest I don't see how either one of these people is gonna help my country and suggest I don't want to vote for either one makes me need to "reasses." My very first election was Trump. I had to choose between two criminals. I now am choosing between two people with criminal suggestions again (I realize we all want to rip apart Biden's accuser but she has as much validity as Kavanaugh's accuser by standards...) and all I have learned about America is if you have money and are a politician you can do whatever you want above the law and face no repercussions and you get to decide how I the lowly slumworker lives my life!

My rage for the entire situation goes far beyond anything personal to Biden. There are good people who are shit at things. We just ignore every fucking thing about Biden because he's not Trump and I am so damn sick of this. I want both parties to go back and find a real fucking candidate. Trump should've never been elected and I'm so sick of my grandpa saying all his shit is fact. Just because Trump brought up some real stuff doesn't mean he's a deity who never lies. Trump lies consistently. But also every politician lies. They tell you what you want to hear and you never know what they're actually gonna do. I figure as normal I'll end up voting Biden. I voted Hilary last election. But I also cried when I got home because I felt the exact same way I feel right now - why the fuck do I have to choose between these two pieces of shit? I agreed with neither of them. And I mean, in retrospect, Biden is less offensive to me than Hilary, but I want a fucking plan for this unrest. I don't wanna hear stand down and stand by. I don't wanna hear whose fucking fault it is. I want someone to do something. Because all I see is whoever has office the next 4 years better be fucking great, Abraham Lincoln great. Because we're having a civil war. And I don't see either one of these people being able to save the country from that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Abraham Lincoln was great in hindsight, but how much do you really know about how he was elected [short answer: his election was wrangled in the backrooms as the "most palatable" choice among alternatives] and his early time in the presidency and some of his missteps?

Expanding that to just understanding of candidates in general, especially ahead of an election, and who might seem good vs bad; and who is the magical third-party candidate that before an election would clearly make the next four years a wonderland and fix all the problems you are concerned about?

(There's an issue too in that the "best" leader also has to be supported by the people they are governing and the system they are spawned by / have to govern by -- there has to be synergy there -- or otherwise a good leader on paper might not be the best leader to actually accomplish anything.)

The Cat

Staff member
What I saw:
A shitshow. A complete shitshow where I got little perspective of what either one has for the next 4 years. I realize Biden has been riding a trail of "I'm not Trump." but I genuinely want to hear something besides "I'm not Trump." I want a plan. SOMEONE. NEEDS. A. DAMN. PLAN. And I like debates because they normally have to...idk...discuss it? Like mention their REAL plan? How it would work or their grand idea? I realize Trump didn't allow for this fully since we already KNOW he don't have a fucking plan, but Hilary held her own better before. I didn't like her, but damn.

So yes, I suggested in frustration and sheer pessimism looking at the situation, I have to choose AGAIN between two pieces of shit. For candidates. I don't necessarily mean as people. Telling me a Biden sob story doesn't make me inclined to just take my bleeding heart and go "oh well I'll vote for Biden." I saw a comment I think said it great, that debate was a GREAT commercial for 3rd party candidates.

Also telling someone to "reassess their values" doesn't change anyone's minds. My values aren't exactly republican or democrat for that matter, and when I put MOST politicians against my core values I'd consider a great majority of them, ESPECIALLY republican, to be pieces of shit. Hence I have always leaned democrat regardless of any republican policies I agree with. But Trump's republican isn't republican and a good deal of democratic candidates this year weren't actual democrats. The parties are using old labels but are something completely different now.

In reality I suppose to suggest I don't see how either one of these people is gonna help my country and suggest I don't want to vote for either one makes me need to "reasses." My very first election was Trump. I had to choose between two criminals. I now am choosing between two people with criminal suggestions again (I realize we all want to rip apart Biden's accuser but she has as much validity as Kavanaugh's accuser by standards...) and all I have learned about America is if you have money and are a politician you can do whatever you want above the law and face no repercussions and you get to decide how I the lowly slumworker lives my life!

My rage for the entire situation goes far beyond anything personal to Biden. There are good people who are shit at things. We just ignore every fucking thing about Biden because he's not Trump and I am so damn sick of this. I want both parties to go back and find a real fucking candidate. Trump should've never been elected and I'm so sick of my grandpa saying all his shit is fact. Just because Trump brought up some real stuff doesn't mean he's a deity who never lies. Trump lies consistently. But also every politician lies. They tell you what you want to hear and you never know what they're actually gonna do. I figure as normal I'll end up voting Biden. I voted Hilary last election. But I also cried when I got home because I felt the exact same way I feel right now - why the fuck do I have to choose between these two pieces of shit? I agreed with neither of them. And I mean, in retrospect, Biden is less offensive to me than Hilary, but I want a fucking plan for this unrest. I don't wanna hear stand down and stand by. I don't wanna hear whose fucking fault it is. I want someone to do something. Because all I see is whoever has office the next 4 years better be fucking great, Abraham Lincoln great. Because we're having a civil war. And I don't see either one of these people being able to save the country from that.

It's gonna have to start with you. And there's nothing wrong with reassessing your values from time to time, for your own sake. Because we saw last night in the debate what a person who is unwilling to do that in life ends up looking like...:mellow:

Don't let your rage at the injustice in the system overwhelm your perspective to the point of just ineffective moral outrage. The next four years are going to be lots of hard work that the people are going to have get into regardless of who wins. This election is a duct tape desperation fix. we have to take the car to the mechanic. but we cant turn our noses up at car tape right now. You watched the debate, you already know that. I get that you're mad at the state of things. Many of us are. But this is our choice. Welcome to our lives...there's no turning back. Believe me. I've tried.:shrug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't let your rage at the injustice in the system overwhelm your perspective to the point of just ineffective moral outrage. The next four years are going to be lots of hard work that the people are going to have get into regardless of who wins. This election is a duct tape desperation fix. we have to take the car to the mechanic. but we cant turn our noses up at car tape right now. You watched the debate, you already know that. I get that you're mad at the state of things. Many of us are. But this is our choice. Welcome to our lives...there's no turning back. Believe me. I've tried.:shrug:

I've been thinking about this in the last day or two -- the election is not the solution, it's a beginning. There's so much fucked up in our country right now (and even was before 2016, there's things built into our political and demographical framework for decades) that there's a hell of a lot of hard work to do before anything gets better. It's more about whether there will be any possibility of hard work evoking change starting in 2021 or whether efforts to change will need to be channeled once again into survival and just preventing a complete erosion for four more years.

It's also not all the leader(s), although leaders can add to the velocity of the change (implement it or actively impede it) -- any change has to happen on local levels, not just national, and a lot of individuals have to invest personally. The populace. Of course, organizing the populace and implementing local change that leads to larger change is very difficult, which is why it has trouble happening.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] thank you for that point though...maybe this WILL be easier for me if I perhaps view Biden merely as the beginning, some tape for the wound, before the big repair comes in...rather than trying to look at either of these people as the full solution to the problem.

The Cat

Staff member
@<a href="https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/30038.html" target="_blank">The Cat</a> @<a href="https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/7.html" target="_blank">Totenkindly</a> thank you for that point though...maybe this WILL be easier for me if I perhaps view Biden merely as the beginning, some tape for the wound, before the big repair comes in...rather than trying to look at either of these people as the full solution to the problem.

There are no such two people in current existence. Never have been in the history of human politics.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
l1js10jjt9q51.jpg

My mood right now

*Edit: Also: