User Tag List

First 56789 Last

I think a democratic technocracy is the way to go. We need to take the worst elements of politics out of the system but retain some choice. We need to make politics boring while keeping people engaged

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    I think a democratic technocracy is the way to go. We need to take the worst elements of politics out of the system but retain some choice. We need to make politics boring while keeping people engaged
    Limited versus participatory democracy, sounds like Schumpeter's version of a conservative/representative democracy.

I favour something like the opposite, its the economy that needs to be democratic and participatory though, if it where and that saw off the worst aspects of capitalism then I'd guess some sort of limited political, legal order could be mandated completely, finally it'd be possible to "wither away" the state as has been part of pretty much everyone's political design, with the possible exception of fascism, since the beginning of time.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

HONG KONG — Internal Chinese government documents obtained by The New York Times have revealed new details on the origins and execution of China’s mass detention of as many as one million Uighurs, Kazakhs and other predominantly Muslim minorities in the Xinjiang region.

5 Takeaways From the Leaked Files on China’s Mass Detention of Muslims
    It wasn't just a puppy.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Those communists sure love to round people up. Where's the United Nations on this? Isn't there a UN Human Rights abuse council or something?
    There's a movie coming out with an intriguing title: Little Women. I think it might be something having to do with female dwarves or maybe elves.

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Those communists sure love to round people up. Where's the United Nations on this? Isn't there a UN Human Rights abuse council or something?
    I think you should study who at the moment makes UN Human rights council.

(directly from UN site)

UN council

You are free to count how many of these countries aren't: Communist, dictatorships, banana republics, Ex communists or major trade partners of China.

Dumb motherfucker alert:

Iceland**
    **Iceland was elected on 13 July 2018 to serve as a member from 13 July 2018 to 31 December 2019 to replace the vacancy left by the United States following its decision to withdraw its membership
    It wasn't just a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Too busy trying to deal with the mess capitalists keep creating.

Booker hits fundraising threshold for December debate after surge of post-debate donations.

After telling off Granny Grenade, I certainly hope so.
    It wasn't just a puppy.

Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Good idea. let's put the fate of the world in the hands of a machine that can be hacked by a 12 year old russian servant. Magnificent. Are you the president of the United States yet?