• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Lark

I'm kind of interested in political communication, not the manipulation of the public, which it usually means, but whether it is possible for different ideological tendencies to share a common language or understanding at all. Its like they all speak different languages and there is no translator.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm kind of interested in political communication, not the manipulation of the public, which it usually means, but whether it is possible for different ideological tendencies to share a common language or understanding at all. Its like they all speak different languages and there is no translator.

What about the damn DEMOCRAT party and allowing people in the us to speak SPANISH without subjecting them to a firing squad?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Day 1 MN mask mandate.

EdzbCUSXYAAyNOH

EdzbCURXsAENQwJ

Muh rights....

Lark

Day 1 MN mask mandate.

EdzbCUSXYAAyNOH

EdzbCURXsAENQwJ

Muh rights....

I think its mad how people identify themselves as easy targets. These people think they are the subject of a persecutory conspiracy right? Madness.

Also, I'm beginning to think some people's poverty may be self-inflicted.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Most Republicans — 81% — approve of Trump’s job performance, but just 68% of Republicans support his handling of the pandemic.
Today I learned that being considered a decent president doesn't require any skill/experience in politics, diplomacy, responsibility, leadership qualities or skills, interest in bettering anyone besides yourself, maturity, support for race or gender equality, or IQ points. Evidently, all you need to do is have a lot of money and then stand in front of crowds while lying and pretending everything is great, you're great, and America is great.

My fellow Americans disappoint me.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Today I learned that being considered a decent president doesn't require any skill/experience in politics, diplomacy, responsibility, leadership qualities or skills, interest in bettering anyone besides yourself, maturity, support for race or gender equality, or IQ points. Evidently, all you need to do is have a lot of money and then stand in front of crowds while lying and pretending everything is great, you're great, and America is great.

My fellow Americans disappoint me.

One day people will remember this as the roaring twenties 2 the new batch.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Nazi sympathizer network buying up Cape Breton properties with 'colony' in mind: German report | National Post

The magazine, citing documents it has obtained, reported that hundreds of Germans have already signed up for the initiative. The report says far-right populist Germans Eva Herman and Andreas Popp, as well as Frank Eckhardt, a local real estate professional, are leading the charge. Herman and Popp, however, have denied being connected to Eckhardt, who Der Spiegel says is a Holocaust denier.

Legitimately surprised this is not happening in the US.

Lark

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'd say it is/has been happening and just doesnt get the same attention as no one is worried about it.

There is that world church of the creator group which has its own settlement with independent water, power etc.

I didn't mean to imply that it doesn't happen in the US. I was only talking about this single story.

If there is money to be made, property will be sold to anyone, from anywhere, regardless of the plans for it. It wasn't always this way but the same chuds that scream about buying American from Americans for Americans will sell everything to China without a blink and claim financial intelligence for doing so.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I just read about that yesterday on Spiegel Online. Eva Herman used to be an innocuous news anchor and talk show host. Then she wrote an anti-feminist book and mentioned in an interview how the nazis were at least right about traditional gender roles. That cost her her broadcasting gig. Several years later she has apparently joined a circle of German alt right. And now she has gone full blown global conspiracy believer (9/11 was fake, corona is fake, evil elites orchestrated the refugee crises to crush Europe, etc), does odd jobs for Russian state media and is making money with the foundation of some offshore nazi settlement in North America.

It's the political equivalent of starting out smoking the occasional joint and ending up as a homeless toothless crack user.

Lark

I didn't mean to imply that it doesn't happen in the US. I was only talking about this single story.

If there is money to be made, property will be sold to anyone, from anywhere, regardless of the plans for it. It wasn't always this way but the same chuds that scream about buying American from Americans for Americans will sell everything to China without a blink and claim financial intelligence for doing so.

Oh absolutely, the UK has become a true puppet state because they literally have sold everything to the Chinese and Russian immigrants and exiles control the country through the money they have and the fact the conservatives restructured the economy to dependent on the financial sector.

Its the logical consequences of this sort of money talks philosophy that this should happen.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Shouldn't QAnon go after Ted Nugent? Isn't fucking little girls kind of their signature issue?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This might be my 6-wing kicking in, but: I often question the sincerity and ethics of my own political beliefs. I wonder if they are a product of my material circumstances or state in life; if they change, will they shift because I genuinely experienced a shift in thinking or because, at some level, I felt they aligned with my personal material or social interests. I subsequently muse if that dilutes the sincerity or correctness of those beliefs. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Jaguar

U.S. national security adviser Robert O'Brien has become the highest ranking official in President Donald Trump's inner circle to test positive for the coronavirus.

What national security?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If true, this is honestly quite surprising: Boris Johnson is '''desperate''' for Donald Trump to lose to Joe Biden - Business Insider

If Boris Johnson feels alienated by Trump, that leaves Trump in the company of wonderful people like Orban, Bolsonaro, Putin, and other wonderful people.

I find it highly plausible. Trump and Johnson might both be populists on the right spectrum, but from very different backgrounds. Also, a deal with Trump will most likely be a deal that hurts Britain. Many are expecting food quality, safety standards and environmental standards as well as consumer protection in the UK to go down both due to the loss of EU norms and lower American standards that would be brought in with a bilateral trade deal.