• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My initial impression is that he's about to try and sell me a used Chrysler which reeks of moth balls and may or may not have spent the last several years impounded as key evidence in an ongoing investigation.

He's a millionaire, into philanthropy and mining and has serious Ric Flair energy going on. He also said if elected, everyone in Chile gets a house.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
He's a millionaire, into philanthropy and mining and has serious Ric Flair energy going on. He also said if elected, everyone in Chile gets a house.

But will he be able to hold onto the presidential belt when Hulkimania eventually comes for him?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hogan's done well enough a job here.

Hell, the fact he did any kind of job at all puts him miles ahead of most.

I think he has done a good job, especially when dealing with Trump and the criminals and thugs he's put in charge of HHS, DHS and FEMA.

Contrary to the opinion of some here, GOP governers, not Democrats, are putting their citizens in harms way and wow, people notice and don't seem to like it.

Americans Increasingly Dislike How Republican Governors Are Handling The Coronavirus Outbreak | FiveThirtyEight

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve also noticed a pretty sharp divide between older republicans, who tend to be taking the masks and social distancing a lot more seriously, whereas the younger ones are more likely to cling to their conspiracy theories about it all being a hoax to take muh liberteez away

Like I have a senior uncle who’s neck deep in rhetoric about do-nothing libs and Alex Jones type conspiracy BS, but he gets pissed off when he sees people not wearing masks or not adhering to distancing

It does kind of annoy me a bit, like oh now that you feel the threat could affect you you’re ready to follow some safety measures

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I’ve also noticed a pretty sharp divide between older republicans, who tend to be taking the masks and social distancing a lot more seriously, whereas the younger ones are more likely to cling to their conspiracy theories about it all being a hoax to take muh liberteez away

Like I have a senior uncle who’s neck deep in rhetoric about do-nothing libs and Alex Jones type conspiracy BS, but he gets pissed off when he sees people not wearing masks or not adhering to distancing

It does kind of annoy me a bit, like oh now that you feel the threat could affect you you’re ready to follow some safety measures

I wear masks to ease the stress of people around me who care about it, but they seem kind of feeble to me. I don't get why anyone gets worked up over them one way or the other. Nobody is really sure if they help, or how much. COVID evidence keeps flopping all over the place. The way people deal with something unknown and threatening says a few things about the person, I think- particularly regarding their control issues. Not necessarily something tribal/partisan.

Lark

Still interested to hear about what this "capitalism which has never even been tried" would even look like or be different to what's always been around.

Lark

I wear masks to ease the stress of people around me who care about it, but they seem kind of feeble to me. I don't get why anyone gets worked up over them one way or the other. Nobody is really sure if they help, or how much. COVID evidence keeps flopping all over the place. The way people deal with something unknown and threatening says a few things about the person, I think- particularly regarding their control issues. Not necessarily something tribal/partisan.

The things is, I dont actually believe you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
While the world is "playing" with the pandemic events in the Arctic are going mostly unnoticed.
In other words it seems that 2020 will have the lowest Arctic sea ice surface on record after the summer melt season.

Or how that looks in practice.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still interested to hear about what this "capitalism which has never even been tried" would even look like or be different to what's always been around.

It worked swimmingly in pre Napoleon France

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Europe risks a huge loss

Here is good example of nicely packed anti-American narrative. Since EU basically has to pick a side in the incoming conflict.
I simply want to show that US can also be attacked like this instead of just being the attacker. The struggle goes both ways.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How American Airlines' Mass Layoffs Could Be A Sign Of A Coming Economic Collapse

Breaking news: American Airlines has given official notice that it could lay off as many as 25,000 employees, as Reuters reporter David Shepardson tweeted, although the company hopes that it will be fewer.

While American Airlines "believed demand for air travel would steadily rebound by Oct. 1," that didn't happen. And so, 25,000 employees will receive "Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification" letters.

I wonder if the right wing anti-maskers or people that support them see how much they have to do directly with the economy imploding. But my freedoms......

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Who had 3 gorges damn bursting in August for next catastrophic event in 2020?