5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Anaximander View Post

The biggest problem here is that if you push things too far you will probably create a decent amount of new rapist. Since playing blame games with innocent and creating forbidden fruit usually doesn't end well.

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    The biggest problem here is that if you push things too far you will probably create a decent amount of new rapist. Since playing blame games with innocent and creating forbidden fruit usually doesn't end well.
    Bingo

Well, I dont see how anyone can avoid forbidding, for instance murder, maybe for a few that will create "forbidden fruit" but you know.

I do think its stupid to have people apologize for crimes they did not commit, I dont share the "all gentiles are to blame for the holocaust" idea either or other sorts of "collective punishment" ideas popular with ID politics people either.

On the other hand rape isnt taken seriously at all. Even the "violence not sex" explanation of the crime itself, which is fair enough, has meant a lot of people now think of it as on a par with a "punch up", rape has way worse and more enduring PTSD consequences for individuals and their families most of the time. I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe if the amount of homosexual sex crimes involving male victims was more well known it could change things. I dont know. Even the prospect that a lot of the male population can not empathize with or have so much objectified women that this should be the case is a bit depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Anaximander View Post
    Bingo
    What do you think would be a better idea to try and tackle the problem of male rapists?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I wonder how it is different from expecting whites in the US to pay reparations to blacks for slavery. Is that considered justified because of the greater pervasiveness of the problem?
    Let us go together to that Sea of Stars.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

New poll says NBA ratings have plunged because of racial justice protests

Nearly 40 percent of respondents in a new Harris poll said they were watching less basketball because “the league has become too political.”
    I'm one of those those who were life-long NBA fans until Lebron et al. decided to bash the police, bash Trump, and support radical Dems. I may resume watching after Lebron retires. This guy and others like him are destroying the league by pandering to China. He's putting profits over human rights. When former Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey tweeted that he supported the Hong Kong protests, Lebron bashed him too. It's kind of disappointing that the best player of this generation is a soulless, money-grubber. I'm boycotting Space Jam II.
    If you live in Brazil, your ceiling is Pele. That's not bad, but it's also not good for most people who aren't coordinated.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    New poll says NBA ratings have plunged because of racial justice protests

I'm one of those those who were life-long NBA fans until Lebron et al. decided to bash the police, bash Trump, and support radical Dems. I may resume watching after Lebron retires. This guy and others like him are destroying the league by pandering to China. He's putting profits over human rights. When former Houston Rockets GM, Daryl Morey tweeted that he supported the Hong Kong protests, Lebron bashed him too. It's kind of disappointing that the best player of this generation is a soulless, money-grubber. I'm boycotting Space Jam II.
    Cancel culture gone wild.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes The Cat, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I wonder how it is different from expecting whites in the US to pay reparations to blacks for slavery. Is that considered justified because of the greater pervasiveness of the problem?

For me slavery reparations are a western nonsense and living in the past. In other words compensation should go only to what happens between the living or perhaps a generation or two back. While west wants linear approach of correcting every bump on the road behind and I don't really agree with this. Since you constantly have to chew all that shit and there is no end. It is better to focus people on some worthy goal, education and general fairness. Since that way with a generation or two you should have genuine peace. Because accusing people for what they didn't do personally is almost surely counter productive. Since that just isn't justice, two wrongs don't do right and can only start the circle of problems that will possibly never end (and that leads to the real tragedy).

I mean this is cultural on my part, here history is such a mess that it is a waste of time to even try to fix it on this level, especially since the records where often destroyed as well (if there were any). For me crimes that were a few political systems before and there are no living from that era aren't relevant present day topic. Plus I absolutely support that here you can't sue people for just about everything. What is generally discouraged and seen as an attempt to extract money rather than fulfilling any kind of justice.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well, I dont see how anyone can avoid forbidding, for instance murder, maybe for a few that will create "forbidden fruit" but you know.

I do think its stupid to have people apologize for crimes they did not commit, I dont share the "all gentiles are to blame for the holocaust" idea either or other sorts of "collective punishment" ideas popular with ID politics people either.

On the other hand rape isnt taken seriously at all. Even the "violence not sex" explanation of the crime itself, which is fair enough, has meant a lot of people now think of it as on a par with a "punch up", rape has way worse and more enduring PTSD consequences for individuals and their families most of the time. I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe if the amount of homosexual sex crimes involving male victims was more well known it could change things. I dont know. Even the prospect that a lot of the male population can not empathize with or have so much objectified women that this should be the case is a bit depressing.

Well, forbidden fruit is perhaps clumsy English on my part here. Perhaps "giving people ideas" would be a better term here. My point was simply that empty blame games generally don't end well. In my part of the world this game was played even among whole nations and that that didn't end well. Since it ended with concentration camps a number of times.

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think would be a better idea to try and tackle the problem of male rapists?
    Mass castration