• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um, I get quite confused when others aren’t spotting what to me is an alarmingly “off” person let alone fit enough to be a president

I can’t put it into words but then I have been able to spot a sociopath online before I even had the words for what she was

Trump, aside from his obvious moral lack given the way he speaks (which again is glaring to me in and of itself) there was something seriously off about him, like he only cares truly about himself, everything comes back to him, which is a dangerous quality for a president

Not to mention I’m still confused why he was nominated to begin with

And that some try to justify or make him sound not that bad and I’m not buying it and I don’t want to be subjected to brainwashing. People make things a little too complicated sometimes when in my eyes these intuitions I have are glaring and obvious

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing to take into consideration: as damning as the evidence is and whether or not the House reaches the decision to impeach, ultimately, as long as Mitch McConnell is around, it'll never pass the Senate. Ultimately, I think the goal here is more about presenting roadblocks during the time at which he should be campaigning than actually trying to convince the Senate in earnest to impeach.

Yeah, there's really not much chance of impeachment directly removing him from office. (McConnell & company are too shitty/hypocritical to hope for that). But the process involves a public trial that'll make a lot of new information available to the public during an election year and *that* could indirectly remove him.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, there's really not much chance of impeachment directly removing him from office. (McConnell & company are too shitty/hypocritical to hope for that). But the process involves a public trial that'll make a lot of new information available to the public during an election year and *that* could indirectly remove him.

It will kill his chance or reelection. I don't think that particular outcome, of him being under trial for impeachment, is undeserved (as a whole based on performance). I don't think it will stick and it's pretty much a political move. I make no secret of the fact that I'm a republican, support many of his policies, but don't support him as president of the US. I should shift my avatar back to trump hair man.

I think he is in the early stages of dementia. I think he is a narcissist. Maybe 10 years ago, he would have been better though I generally think him to be completely unqualified to be president of the united states based on his lack of experience and temperament. Still he has surpassed my expectations in almost every respect .

Funny, I saw Biden at the admirals club at Reagan a few months ago. I walked six inches from him on the way out of the restroom. He was just talking on his cellphone. Makes me think more highly of him that he hangs around with the common folk. I'm not saying I'm a fan because I know little of the guy.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You don't think it'll get as far as actual impeachment?

Admittedly I don't know how much influence Barr & 45's whole troupe of yes-men puppets have in the House. I want to believe it'll get to impeachment (because public trial, not to mention it sets a bad precedent to not impeach), but part of me suspects this inquiry will be about as farcical as the FBI " investigation" into Kavanaugh. Because that's the shitty, crooked direction things have been going and somehow they keep getting away with it.

I just think the rot here is so deep and nearly everyone in this administration has been replaced with people that will do and say whatever they are told to do and say. And like you say, they keep getting away with it. Why wouldn't they get away with this as well? I do see Rudy taking the fall for this, at least on some level.

The Dems can't sit around doing nothing. They know they can vote to impeach him but conviction by the Senate, no chance. What they are hoping for is that Trump's popularity will rise, like Bill Clinton, post impeachment. I don't see that happening either.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still waiting for someone to explain how the phone call was an impeachable offense.

Asking a foreign government to investigate the son of one of your political opponents doesn't at least seem highly unethical to you?

In a roundabout way it seems like exortion: Just by his mention of how the United States has been generous to the Ukraine and him mentioning that he didn't feel it was been properly reciprocated, then withholding the aid after his wishes were not met.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just think the rot here is so deep and nearly everyone in this administration has been replaced with people that will do and say whatever they are told to do and say. And like you say, they keep getting away with it. Why wouldn't they get away with this as well? I do see Rudy taking the fall for this, at least on some level.

The Dems can't sit around doing nothing. They know they can vote to impeach him but conviction by the Senate, no chance. What they are hoping for is that Trump's popularity will rise, like Bill Clinton, post impeachment. I don't see that happening either.

He's stacked the deck with his cronies as you said, yet he'll only be able to continue to get away with things for so long. It surprises me how many career politicians decided to drink from the goblet and pledge their allegiance to Trump, because one this era is over, I imagine there will be sweeping policy reform to rebalance the three branches, especially the executive branch, to minimize the harm a president with his sort of temperament can do.

This is going to be a very big time period in American history, and it'll be all his enablers who will be branded with the scarlett letter in the history books (Mitch McConnell stands out as the first example. Just look how public knowledge the lengths of his complicity with Trump have become, and how it has smeared his legacy with the "Moscow Mitch" chants).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Asking a foreign government to investigate the son of one of your political opponents doesn't at least seem highly unethical to you?

But, all politicians do this kind of thing! I don't see you calling them out!

Direct quote from nearly every Trump fan I know on this topic.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In a roundabout way it seems like exortion: Just by his mention of how the United States has been generous to the Ukraine and him mentioning that he didn't feel it was been properly reciprocated, then withholding the aid after his wishes were not met.

What constitutes as an impeachable offense requires it to be pretty serious, like treason, or betrayal of public trust. Even if Trump did something wrong here, impeachment won't happen. You can't impeach someone for suggesting investigation. Otherwise everyone in Washington should be removed. It is pretty normal in the realm of politics. Then if Biden's son was in fact, corrupt. Is it not the government's job to investigate it? Did you forget the investigations Obama did against Trump before leaving office, or the investigations into Trump Jr.?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Direct quote from nearly every Trump fan I know on this topic.

You make it sound like precedence doesn't matter. It does. Its called pointing out hypocrisy.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You make it sound like precedence doesn't matter. It does. Its called pointing out hypocrisy.

He is asking the president of Ukraine to get to the bottom of a right wing conspiracy theory in addition to shit on a political enemy and of course more on Hillary Clinton because "some people" told him Ukraine has "servers", that have emails on them. No there is no precedence for this level of crazy. Just stop already.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What constitutes as an impeachable offense requires it to be pretty serious, like treason, or betrayal of public trust. Even if Trump did something wrong here, impeachment won't happen. You can't impeach someone for suggesting investigation.

As if that was his only offense. It's hilarious -- If you're a Republican, even after several instances of proven obstruction of justice, apparently all that warrants is a stern look and a head shake, yet the standards for Democrats are so high that even receiving that lying about extramarital affair, that ultimately had no political implication, is the most heinous of crimes.

Otherwise everyone in Washington should be removed. It is pretty normal in the realm of politics. Then if Biden's son was in fact, corrupt. Is it not the government's job to investigate it? Did you forget the investigations Obama did against Trump before leaving office, or the investigations into Trump Jr.?

It's the UNITED STATES government's job to investigate, not a foreign entities, and that's the point. Now here's the kicker -- a big talking point during his administration thus far is whether or not he had the aid of a foreign government to tilt the scales of the election in his favor, to which it has been concluded an outside agency did meddle, yet whether or not he was complicit not being determined. One of his first acts as president is to loosen the sanctions placed upon the foreign government who helped you get elected (I guess that's just a coincidence..) Then, he actively seeks out the aid of another foreign government to investigate the frontrunner's son of the opposing party for the next election.

Even with Obama investigating Trump, he didn't seek an outside source.

At least don't insult my intelligence and tell me that all at least odd when you put it all together...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This party first crap is tiresome. I'm sick of Trump supporters talking about America First, then shrugging off any alleged wrongdoings on his part. They'd all be flipping their shit if Obama had faced similar allegations, or if Hillary had become President and similar shit came to light.

I don't have a ton of love for the democrats but that's no good reason I can see to keep giving Trump and his party passes.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
This party first crap is tiresome. I'm sick of Trump supporters talking about America First, then shrugging off any alleged wrongdoings on his part. They'd all be flipping their shit if Obama had faced similar allegations, or if Hillary had become President and similar shit came to light.

I don't have a ton of love for the democrats but that's no good reason I can see to keep giving Trump and his party passes.

Apparently "Who cares if it's illegal. Everybody does it!" and "....But you let so-and-so get away with it!" are legitimate counter-arguments for minimizing the severity of Trump's offenses. I'd hate to see them use this same tactic to attempt to talk themselves out of a speeding ticket....

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Apparently "Who cares if it's illegal. Everybody does it!" and "....But you let so-and-so get away with it!" are legitimate counter-arguments for minimizing the severity of Trump's offenses. I'd hate to see them use this same tactic to attempt to talk themselves out of a speeding ticket....

They're being spoilers.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah. Sets a bad precedent. We'll do shady shit because hey, the other team has done shady shit too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Exactly.

But Devin Nunes thinks what the Dems REALLY want......are nude pics of Trump.

I don't think I have ever had a reaction that combined revulsion and hilarity (I think this was a Russian comic prank call) this completely in my life.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Rule of Acquisition 34; War is good for business.
The world runs on shady shit. But the Grand Negus's greed should reflect the greed of the people. not the other way around.
Rule of Acquisition 35; Peace is good for business.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
As if that was his only offense. It's hilarious -- If you're a Republican, even after several instances of proven obstruction of justice, apparently all that warrants is a stern look and a head shake, yet the standards for Democrats are so high that even receiving that lying about extramarital affair, that ultimately had no political implication, is the most heinous of crimes.

It's the UNITED STATES government's job to investigate, not a foreign entities, and that's the point. Now here's the kicker -- a big talking point during his administration thus far is whether or not he had the aid of a foreign government to tilt the scales of the election in his favor, to which it has been concluded an outside agency did meddle, yet whether or not he was complicit not being determined. One of his first acts as president is to loosen the sanctions placed upon the foreign government who helped you get elected (I guess that's just a coincidence..) Then, he actively seeks out the aid of another foreign government to investigate the frontrunner's son of the opposing party for the next election.

Even with Obama investigating Trump, he didn't seek an outside source.

At least don't insult my intelligence and tell me that all at least odd when you put it all together...

They (Trump and his followers) really want you to think everyone in government does shit like this. They don't, that's what makes this so maddening. There are career public servants that are not politicians or political appointees that serve the interests of this country and the American people all over the world for decades. It pisses me off to no end that moronic right wingers have been brainwashed by right wing media and conservatives to believe this shit.

Trump is Trump First. Period. Never been about Americans or American people unless Trump profits as much or more.