• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Im so glad Im not still in the military with this guy the commander and chief. Sometimes I have nightmares that I get summoned back in. Blarg.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One thing I do think it interesting, as I've said before, is that the Trump administration has avoided wars and Trump has actually pointed it out and talked about it.

This could change now with the present Iranian shenanigans and Saudi Arabia but it definitely was something different to other administrations, either democrat or republican.
The operative word here is "administration". The people in Trump's cabinet have had their hands full trying to contain his excesses and keep him from inadvertently (or intentionally) precipitating a crisis.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's probably a little less dangerous now. Two nutjobs left yesterday: Bolton and the guy who wanted to edit away climate change.

Two down, and how many more to go? :thinking:

I sure was glad to see John Bolton go. I wish he'd disappear and never come back. He'll be on Fox News again soon talking his war-mongering crap. :(

Nicodemus

So, impeachment is on its way.

Unfortunately, the transcript released today, which is obviously not verbatim, serves to bill-barr the issue at hand because it requires context to understand all the implications. That will make it easy spin for Trump media. Let us hope then that Rudy breaks under pressure, because he and Barr are apparently the new Michael Cohens, and Barr will find a way to withdraw from the process.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems unlikely he'll get impeached (not with this Congress), but:

47d56737c8897a9dddb432449fa4ee95.png

Nicodemus

It seems unlikely he'll get impeached (not with this Congress), but:

47d56737c8897a9dddb432449fa4ee95.png
Oh, he will be impeached (which is the process controlled by the House), but he will not be convicted (by the Senate) - unless the evidence is so clear that even Republicans cannot dodge it. Much depends on how 'conservative' media report on the whole story.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right.^ For some reason I was conflating that with being removed from office, which is weird because I know Clinton was impeached and not removed.

I can't remember which podcast I'd heard this on (likely Sam Harris or Al Franken), but the guest was explaining that Nixon actually had a lot of public support until after the information released during his impeachment trial. This guest was explaining why impeachment is important, even though it may seem politically unwise - because the information released as a result can make a huge impact (a lot of people will see impeachment as wise only in retrospect).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, he will be impeached (which is the process controlled by the House), but he will not be convicted (by the Senate) - unless the evidence is so clear that even Republicans cannot dodge it. Much depends on how 'conservative' media report on the whole story.

Oh I don't think it will matter how clear the evidence is - they'll dodge it. This administration is a crime syndicate and the GOP supports that.

The Hunter Biden aspect of this entire thing also needs investigating but likely won't get it. He's another failson, just like Jr., like Huckabee's dog abusing to death sons, Manchin's unqualified to work in pharmaceuticals daughter. The only thing Hunter Biden knows about is buying crack.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Impeachment could eventually lead to the dems regaining a senate majority, depending on how the current senate handles this.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Impeachment won't happen, and 60% of Dems don't even support it. It is another Russia gate to keep people occupied, but it will also harm Biden as much as Trump. The Dems kinda shot themselves in the foot over literally nothing (calling for impeachment before even knowing what it was, supporting unpopular position). Trump gambled on this trap, but lets see how it plays out.

Deprecator

Impeachment won't happen, and 60% of Dems don't even support it. It is another Russia gate to keep people occupied, but it will also harm Biden as much as Trump. The Dems kinda shot themselves in the foot over literally nothing (calling for impeachment before even knowing what it was, supporting unpopular position). Trump gambled on this trap, but lets see how it plays out.
Exactly. First it was collusion, then it was obstruction, then Trump tweeted that if you don't like the country you can leave, and at every point along the way there's been hysterical and nonsensical calls for impeachment from the left (and all in the very notable absence of virtually any high crime or misdemeanor to speak of). The trend of course has continued now that Trump has asked, if possible, for a foreign leader to investigate the removal of a specific prosecutor. And for all the political theater and coverage that has transpired since, I've yet to read a single news outlet cite the so-called "high crime" that's been committed here.

GOP senators have been daring the democrats to impeach trump for months now; if the mere inquiry results in full blown impeachment by the small majority of the democratic house then I think it only benefits Trump politically, what with the implied acknowledgement that the left has no chance of winning the general election and there being virtually zero chance that the GOP controlled senate goes along with the partisan charade.

Jaguar

An adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told ABC News on Wednesday that President Trump's desire for the two leaders to discuss a possible investigation into Joe Biden was a precondition for their now-infamous July 25 phone call. "It was clear that Trump will only have communications if they will discuss the Biden case. This issue was raised many times. I know that Ukrainian officials understood."
Adviser to Ukraine's president says Biden case was precondition to Trump phone call - Axios

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I don't think it will matter how clear the evidence is - they'll dodge it. This administration is a crime syndicate and the GOP supports that.

You don't think it'll get as far as actual impeachment?

Admittedly I don't know how much influence Barr & 45's whole troupe of yes-men puppets have in the House. I want to believe it'll get to impeachment (because public trial, not to mention it sets a bad precedent to not impeach), but part of me suspects this inquiry will be about as farcical as the FBI " investigation" into Kavanaugh. Because that's the shitty, crooked direction things have been going and somehow they keep getting away with it.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't think it'll get as far as actual impeachment?

Admittedly I don't know how much influence Barr & 45's whole troupe of yes-men puppets have in the House. I want to believe it'll get to impeachment (because public trial, not to mention it sets a bad precedent to not impeach), but part of me suspects this inquiry will be about as farcical as the FBI " investigation" into Kavanaugh. Because that's the shitty, crooked direction things have been going and somehow they keep getting away with it.

One thing to take into consideration: as damning as the evidence is and whether or not the House reaches the decision to impeach, ultimately, as long as Mitch McConnell is around, it'll never pass the Senate. Ultimately, I think the goal here is more about presenting roadblocks during the time at which he should be campaigning than actually trying to convince the Senate in earnest to impeach.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still waiting for someone to explain how the phone call was an impeachable offense.