• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about the Exodus of the red hats to Greenland?

I mean, I'd feel bad for Greenland, but...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NYT: Can America Restore the Rule of Law Without Prosecuting Trump?

The stakes of an indictment would be very high. The commander in chief’s broad powers under the Constitution could make it difficult to secure convictions. The damage to democracy that would be caused by a failed prosecution of a former president is hard to even fathom. An acquittal could also set back future efforts at accountability, and embolden aspiring abusers of authority. Even once he’s out of office, Trump is going to be a powerful force in the country’s political life; putting him on trial for his conduct as president would be tantamount to putting on trial the more than 72 million Americans who voted for his re-election. One institution that Biden will no doubt be focused on trying to rebuild is the Justice Department; prosecuting Trump could complicate any effort to restore the agency’s reputation for independence and integrity.

[...]

The stakes of prosecuting Donald Trump may be high; but so are the costs of not prosecuting him, which would send a dangerous message, one that transcends even the presidency, about the country’s commitment to the rule of law. Trump has presented Biden — and America, really — with a very difficult dilemma. “This whole presidency has been about someone who thought he was above the law,” Anne Milgram, the former attorney general of New Jersey, told me. “If he isn’t held accountable for possible crimes, then he literally was above the law.”

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For whatever this is worth.

62260f9aa3c96b1e35214e13fc43a855.png

Link.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about the Exodus of the red hats to Greenland?

I mean, I'd feel bad for Greenland, but...
#PrayersForNuuk
For sure. He would turn it into a place very similar to North Korea. They would be closed off from information except for his tweets and they would be developing a nuclear arsenal.

I've joked about him buying Greenland and his followers going with him in a similar fashion to religious movements of the 19th century, but I would pity the people already in Greenland and some of Trump's followers because a certain percentage don't comprehend who he is. Even the ones who are like him are feeling empowered by him right now, so they wouldn't even expect the reality they embrace. People with that much anger and in/out group mentality with constant bullying tactics would have to have people to treat like shit, so there would be great suffering and human rights violations in Trumpland (of course that is what it would be called because he is the master of the hamfisted.)

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm immeasurably grateful that Biden won and now I can sleep more than 4 consecutive hours again, but that^ (ceecee's post) is so depressing. And it's also super depressing that those who seem to believe he lost mock the idea that "one man" can be so dangerous.

Not to mention the name of this town.

Lol.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For sure. He would turn it into a place very similar to North Korea. They would be closed off from information except for his tweets and they would be developing a nuclear arsenal.

I know, I was thinking that. A black hole from which nothing escapes except that goddam tweetstorm.

I've joked about him buying Greenland and his followers going with him in a similar fashion to religious movements of the 19th century, but I would pity the people already in Greenland and some of Trump's followers because a certain percentage don't comprehend who he is. Even the ones who are like him are feeling empowered by him right now, so they wouldn't even expect the reality they embrace. People with that much anger and in/out group mentality with constant bullying tactics would have to have people to treat like shit, so there would be great suffering and human rights violations in Trumpland (of course that is what it would be called because he is the master of the hamfisted.)

That is the thing -- and it is what they do not understand. His "domain" will always need people to victimize -- an "other" to blame the ills of society on. If society consists only of him and of them, then he will find some of them to be deficient in some way so they can be victimized/ostracized and blamed for his failings... and they will have to comply if they want to fit in. Some of them will of course also be the newly appointed victims.

But it is the only way that that crowd will learn. Until there are repercussions to their conspiracy-theorizing and finger-pointing, they will never challenge his holy words from above. There's no way to break through that zeal until the people he has been blaming (currently the center and the left) are no longer available and he turns on some of them.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But it is the only way that that crowd will learn. Until there are repercussions to their conspiracy-theorizing and finger-pointing, they will never challenge his holy words from above. There's no way to break through that zeal until the people he has been blaming (currently the center and the left) are no longer available and he turns on some of them.

This was my first thought in reading Powehi's post too. I agree they'd start cannibalizing each other, and I wonder if anything less could effectively break that spell.

I keep hearing about how most of the enabling Republican senators (et al) hate him, and I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope that they'll finally actually claim to see what a pathologically lying megalomaniac he is next year - and that it'll help break the spell. But I'm not holding my breath.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you guys seriously watching conspiracy theories about whether or not Trump is addicted to drugs and wears a diaper? Lmao, nice bait.

Also, even if he did, its probably not the result of drugs. He is old. Also, that's incredibly ageist. Trump is in his 70s, and old people have accidents all the time. It's not something to make fun of. My step dad is 74, and has a similar issue.

Also, Trump has openly expressed to the public and interviews telling people never to drink, smoke, or do drugs because its how his older brother died. I've seen him repeat this message to kids at rallies especially.

I don't believe he does drugs, mostly due to comparisons to my own family. My family did drugs and I seen how it destroys lives, functionality, and especially apperance. Long term abuse would be a lot more obvious.

Trump is one of the few presidents I have seen that didn't age dramatically after taking office. You can't do that on drugs, as they age you faster than anything else apart from alcohol. Drugs also prevent you from being consistantly active, as you crash on them. You can't keep riding a high for days on end.