User Tag List

First 2028293031324080 Last

Impeachment could eventually lead to the dems regaining a senate majority, depending on how the current senate handles this.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
    Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

Likes Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Impeachment won't happen, and 60% of Dems don't even support it. It is another Russia gate to keep people occupied, but it will also harm Biden as much as Trump. The Dems kinda shot themselves in the foot over literally nothing (calling for impeachment before even knowing what it was, supporting unpopular position). Trump gambled on this trap, but lets see how it plays out.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle
    Likes Deprecator liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Impeachment won't happen, and 60% of Dems don't even support it. It is another Russia gate to keep people occupied, but it will also harm Biden as much as Trump. The Dems kinda shot themselves in the foot over literally nothing (calling for impeachment before even knowing what it was, supporting unpopular position). Trump gambled on this trap, but lets see how it plays out.
    Exactly. First it was collusion, then it was obstruction, then Trump tweeted that if you don't like the country you can leave, and at every point along the way there's been hysterical and nonsensical calls for impeachment from the left (and all in the very notable absence of virtually any high crime or misdemeanor to speak of). The trend of course has continued now that Trump has asked, if possible, for a foreign leader to investigate the removal of a specific prosecutor. And for all the political theater and coverage that has transpired since, I've yet to read a single news outlet cite the so-called "high crime" that's been committed here.

GOP senators have been daring the democrats to impeach trump for months now; if the mere inquiry results in full blown impeachment by the small majority of the democratic house then I think it only benefits Trump politically, what with the implied acknowledgement that the left has no chance of winning the general election and there being virtually zero chance that the GOP controlled senate goes along with the partisan charade.

Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

I want some of that koolaid that trump supporters drink.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

An adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told ABC News on Wednesday that President Trump's desire for the two leaders to discuss a possible investigation into Joe Biden was a precondition for their now-infamous July 25 phone call. "It was clear that Trump will only have communications if they will discuss the Biden case. This issue was raised many times. I know that Ukrainian officials understood."
    Adviser to Ukraine's president says Biden case was precondition to Trump phone call - Axios
    Without music, life would be a mistake.
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Oh I don't think it will matter how clear the evidence is - they'll dodge it. This administration is a crime syndicate and the GOP supports that.
    You don't think it'll get as far as actual impeachment?

Admittedly I don't know how much influence Barr & 45's whole troupe of yes-men puppets have in the House. I want to believe it'll get to impeachment (because public trial, not to mention it sets a bad precedent to not impeach), but part of me suspects this inquiry will be about as farcical as the FBI " investigation" into Kavanaugh. Because that's the shitty, crooked direction things have been going and somehow they keep getting away with it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    You don't think it'll get as far as actual impeachment?

Admittedly I don't know how much influence Barr & 45's whole troupe of yes-men puppets have in the House. I want to believe it'll get to impeachment (because public trial, not to mention it sets a bad precedent to not impeach), but part of me suspects this inquiry will be about as farcical as the FBI " investigation" into Kavanaugh. Because that's the shitty, crooked direction things have been going and somehow they keep getting away with it.
    One thing to take into consideration: as damning as the evidence is and whether or not the House reaches the decision to impeach, ultimately, as long as Mitch McConnell is around, it'll never pass the Senate. Ultimately, I think the goal here is more about presenting roadblocks during the time at which he should be campaigning than actually trying to convince the Senate in earnest to impeach.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Still waiting for someone to explain how the phone call was an impeachable offense.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle