First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    In Los Angeles, we're seeing diseases like typhus and typhoid fever making a come-back because the trash on the streets attract rats and the rats carry diseased fleas.
    You coastal elites can't understand those of us in the heartland. I'll bet you don't even know how to ride a tractor or milk a cow.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

He's probably a little less dangerous now. Two nutjobs left yesterday: Bolton and the guy who wanted to edit away climate change.

Two down, and how many more to go?

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    MBTI
    EXXX
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Socionics
    Mad

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    He's probably a little less dangerous now. Two nutjobs left yesterday: Bolton and the guy who wanted to edit away climate change.

Two down, and how many more to go?
    Ice bear's gonna need more ninja stars.
    I am but a dream--
    Your dream,
    A creature of your imagination...

We're all Faery Tales; after a fashion,
    Our stories unfolding around us...
    and through us...

In a moment you will have realized this,
    then you will banish me from your visions
    and I shall dissolve into the nothingness out of which you made me...

Likes JAVO, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak
    You coastal elites can't understand those of us in the heartland. I'll bet you don't even know how to ride a tractor or milk a cow
    I see plenty of the heartland on American Pickers. It's a lot of barns with old motorbikes, oil cans, and Coke machines.

Btw, Democrats don't milk cows; it's considered sexual assault; just ask PETA.
    Fact checkers find that Tellenbach is right 99.98% of the time on Mondays between 2:00 am and 2:01 am and 100% accurate when he's sitting on the toilet at all times.

MBTI
    IxFJ

And white supremacy, duh...

PETA claims milk a 'symbol of white supremacy'

Drink upm Nazis.

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is making the claim that milk is the perfect tipple for racists.

The assertion first appeared in a blog post last yea,r but slipped under the radar. Last week, PETA doubled down.

PETA points to Christopher Waltz’s Nazi character in the film Inglourious Basterds knocking back a glass of milk in a French farmhouse as he hunts for Jews.

The organization tweeted: “Cows’ milk has long been a symbol used by white supremacists.”

The lactose longshot comes in the wake of a New York Times article headlined ‘Why white supremacists are chugging milk (and why geneticists are alarmed).’

Some scientists are claiming their work is being twisted by lactose-tolerant racists who want to project a perceived “white superiority.”

University of Chicago evolutionary biologist Dr. John Novembre even used a photo of white nationalists chugging milk during one of his lectures.

PETA added that for health — and humane — reasons, people should drink alternatives because dairy is linked to heart, prostate, breast and ovarian cancer. They suggest soy, almond, rice, cashew, or coconut milk.

Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I see plenty of the heartland on American Pickers. It's a lot of barns with old motorbikes, oil cans, and Coke machines.
    Riding and driving are two different things. I'm sure I could probably handle tractor-riding.

As for cows, there's a farm exhibit in the MSI with a sort of cow sculpture that you can milk, and you get feedback as to whether you did it successfully (can't recall exactly what it was, at the moment). I certainly managed to master it.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

It's interesting to note how a number of the criticisms made against Trump are just as applicable to many other presidents and administrations, and yet for for whatever reason people will focus these criticisms exclusively on Trump. The obvious example would be the whole "babies in cages" debacle, which was recently brought up in the DNC debates. Indeed, the line has become a go-to for many Democrats criticizing the Trump administration's treatment of immigrant children in U.S. custody, and it made for an awkward moment for former Vice President Joe Biden, who was part of the Obama administration that used the same facilities. "We didn't lock people up in cages," Biden said. "We didn't separate families." But of course, a simple fact check shows that neither of these protestations is even remotely accurate.

The same type of disconnect can be applied to the criticism of ICE. ICE, like virtually any other law enforcement agency that's ever existed, has detained and arrested innocent persons. And despite there being virtually no evidence whatsoever that as a percentage we've seen more wrongful arrests under the Trump administration than the Obama administration, people here are still able to perform a rather impressive feat of mental gymnastics and blame Trump. It really is just one of many examples of Trump Derangement Syndrome, which has clearly run quite rampant on this forum.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak
    I certainly managed to master it.
    I'm reporting you to the #mootoo movement.
    Fact checkers find that Tellenbach is right 99.98% of the time on Mondays between 2:00 am and 2:01 am and 100% accurate when he's sitting on the toilet at all times.
    Likes Honeydew liked this post

You guys milk cows by hand? Have politicians do it?

Wow, in Europe we have automated that, our politicians can occupy themselves with politics full time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reporting you to the #mootoo movement.
    Mootoo? That sounds like a delicious beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dep View Post
    It's interesting to note how a number of the criticisms made against Trump are just as applicable to many other presidents and administrations, and yet for for whatever reason people will focus these criticisms exclusively on Trump. The obvious example would be the whole "babies in cages" debacle, which was recently brought up in the DNC debates. Indeed, the line has become a go-to for many Democrats criticizing the Trump administration's treatment of immigrant children in U.S. custody, and it made for an awkward moment for former Vice President Joe Biden, who was part of the Obama administration that used the same facilities. "We didn't lock people up in cages," Biden said. "We didn't separate families." But of course, a simple fact check shows that neither of these protestations is even remotely accurate.

The same type of disconnect can be applied to the criticism of ICE. ICE, like virtually any other law enforcement agency that's ever existed, has detained and arrested innocent persons. And despite there being virtually no evidence whatsoever that as a percentage we've seen more wrongful arrests under the Trump administration than the Obama administration, people here are still able to perform a rather impressive feat of mental gymnastics and blame Trump. It really is just one of many examples of Trump Derangement Syndrome, which has clearly run quite rampant on this forum.
    Well from what I can tell Trump wants it that way, so long as you debate the guy you're not looking too closely at the policy which is wrecking havoc instead.

Or he could just be mad and engaging in Wrestling TV trash talk. That fits too.