• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I mean, these things are extremely obvious.

This. lol at the verbal gymnastics on how none of this is Trump, it's everyone else and their biased perception. That's something Trump would also say so way to stay on brand.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He’s a source of comedy gold at least.

I can do pretty decent impressions of the last 5 presidents. Trump is more fun to impersonate than Obama is. That’s the one area where he’s an improvement on the last president

Deprecator

In 1972, Fact magazine sent a questionnaire to 12,356 psychiatrists. Nearly 10,000 of them had simply ignored it, and of the 3,417 who did respond, the vast majority declared the senator to be perfectly sane. The Magazine's response?

Of course, as a direct response to this partisan quackery, the APA declared that it was unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.

Today, not only is this ethical guideline being violated, but the use of such numeric fallacies are still used by many facets within the mainstream media. For an example, "More than 620 prosecutors say Trump obstructed Justice!" declared one online magazine. Of course, this consensus fell almost exclusively among partisan lines. Whereas Democrats were rather belligerent with their claims that the report offered "evidence" of high crime sand misdemeanors, Republicans insisted that the president had been vindicated on all counts.

And although the OP has chosen to make claims that are so self-evident that it's not even necessary to support them with specific examples, I still suspect that, just like with Senator Goldwater and the Mueller report, the so-called "evidence" of Trump's mental state is also falling exclusively among partisan lines. For one rather recent example, I for one thought Trump's "chosen one" comment was a clear joke, not meant to be taken literally, but apparently people on the left are able to perform mental back flips and somersaults when declaring that the comment provides even more evidence of "narcissism".

:shrug:

Nicodemus

I've been reading this book and have to admit it was a bit eye opening. It's basically got contributions from a bunch of psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health professionals about his mental state. Some of it is obvious bashing but other parts were, I thought balanced and fair. The portrait that emerges isn't pretty. Key themes I found are the following:

1. There is something wrong with him - Actually more than one thing it seems. A study indicated that 50% of presidents before 1974 suffered from some kind of mental illness so that's not the big thing. It's the number of things he has in combination that seems to be the concern.

2. He's a Narcissist - It turns out Narcissism seems to common among people who arise to such positions. A healthy amount of it is ok but the general consensus is that he's not a healthy type. The biggest issue that was described is that he surrounds himself with "yes men". The guy who wrote the Art of the Deal and spent the better part of a year with him said he never once heard someone disagree with him in that entire year. I think you want a president that listens to different perspectives and makes thoughtful decisions based on those perspectives. It seems he doesn't really do this.

3. He is a bully - I don't know how anyone could disagree with this. Any kind of criticism is met with sharp attacks in return and be damned with the truth. I've gotten used to it and some of the things are funny, but he's the president of the United States for God's sake. He's apparently made statements about using nuclear weapons - why do we have them if we can't use them, etc.

4. He is focused on NOW and gives little thought to the future - I hope it isn't true but several of these people say this is the case, one reason being that his actions are often destructive to himself. He reacts in the moment like a child in a schoolyard - beating his chest at the slightest provocation.

5. He is paranoid - There seems to be plenty of evidence of this. They compared him to Richard Nixon. At the least, he seems to have some kind of persecution complex.

6. He's a sociopath - At first, I had a hard time with this but the general consensus that he doesn't trust anyone and he doesn't really care about other people very much. I mean, look at this list. A number of these obviously apply.

Profile of the Sociopath
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning - They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self - Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
  • Pathological Lying - Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt - A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions - When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
  • Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation - Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy - Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature - Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency - Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability - Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity - Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle - Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
  • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility -Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

6. He's suffering cognitive decline - He's the oldest president we have had so it isn't entirely surprising. It does seem clear that he is far less articulate than he was 15 years ago - using words like "huge", "tremendous", the incoherent rambling sentences, etc. His father suffered from Alzheimer's and that does seem to run in families.

7. He is delusional - It seems clear that one of two things is going on. Either he is a compulsive liar or he has his own distorted sense of reality. I am reminded of Elizabeth Holmes - the founder of Theranos.

Anyway, that's what I've taken out of it so far. There was some debate as to whether he is crazy like fox or just crazy. I likely vote for the latter.

It's easy to think of him as sort of entertaining character who is shaking things up and (in my case) implementing some policies that I agree with. The key point of it all is that it's dangerous to have a person like this with their hand on the nuclear trigger. How would he fare if circumstances like the Cuban Missle Crisis occurred - or when there was a false alarm that 2500 Soviet warheads were headed towards the US in Carter's administration. Is he the kind of guy you want in that position?
You are a couple of years late to the party, but... welcome anyway.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In 1972, Fact magazine sent a questionnaire to 12,356 psychiatrists. Nearly 10,000 of them had simply ignored it, and of the 3,417 who did respond, the vast majority declared the senator to be perfectly sane. The Magazine's response?

Of course, as a direct response to this partisan quackery, the APA declared that it was unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.

Today, not only is this ethical guideline being violated, but the use of such numeric fallacies are still used by many facets within the mainstream media. For an example, "More than 620 prosecutors say Trump obstructed Justice!" declared one online magazine. Of course, this consensus fell almost exclusively among partisan lines. Whereas Democrats were rather belligerent with their claims that the report offered "evidence" of high crime sand misdemeanors, Republicans insisted that the president had been vindicated on all counts.

And although the OP has chosen to make claims that are so self-evident that it's not even necessary to support them with specific examples, I still suspect that, just like with Senator Goldwater and the Mueller report, the so-called "evidence" of Trump's mental state is also falling exclusively among partisan lines. For one rather recent example, I for one thought Trump's "chosen one" comment was a clear joke, not meant to be taken literally, but apparently people on the left are able to perform mental back flips and somersaults when declaring that the comment provides even more evidence of "narcissism".

:shrug:

Do you have any radar for "bad guys"?
If you choose to believe only what you can clearly see in front of you, playing the numbers game, then I would expect you to get fucked over or hurt quite often.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Also, I believe his violent rape accusations. Even the one made by his ex-wife. He is and always has been powerful and ruthless enough to "buy" (that's code for threaten) his accusers fearful silence.

rav3n

If this is true, this might help to explain the power that Putin has over Trump. Don't forget that a narcissistic sociopath puts his personal safety/benefit first, above all others including above a country's needs.

MSNBC host O'Donnell suggests Trump Deutsche loans backed by Russians - Business Insider

MSNBC's O'Donnell makes questionable claim on air that Trump has loans with Deutsche Bank backed by 'Russian billionaires close to Vladimir Putin'

• MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell said a "source close to Deutsche Bank" told him that President Donald Trump's loans were underwritten by "Russian billionaires close to Vladimir Putin."
  • "If true, that would explain every kind word Donald Trump has ever said about Russia and Vladimir Putin," O'Donnell said.
  • There has been no other reporting that substantiates this claim.
  • I want to stress that is a single source, that has not been confirmed by NBC News, I have not seen any documentation from Deutsche Bank that supports this and verifies this. This is just a single source who has revealed that to me. And that where it stands at this point, its going to require a lot more verification before that can be a confirmable fact," said O'Donnell at the end of his show Tuesday.
  • Earlier on Tuesday, Deutsche Bank confirmed that it held tax records to do with Trump, but no details have yet been made public.
  • Trump's ties to Deutsche Bank have long been the subject of rumor and speculation, and O'Donnell has a long record of controversial statements.

Jaguar

Trump Derangement Syndrome, like Obama Derangement Syndrome [...]

The use of those terms in any conversation, article, or online post are merely tactics used to discredit individuals rather than focusing on issues. In short, a waste of time.

Reagan was actually attacked similarly to Trump by partisans

Being critical of someone's policies or behavior =/= partisanship. I was a registered Republican while calling Reagan an incompetent jackass when his administration's initial response to HIV was indifference and inaction.

I've been reading this book and have to admit it was a bit eye opening. It's basically got contributions from a bunch of psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health professionals about his mental state. Some of it is obvious bashing but other parts were, I thought balanced and fair. The portrait that emerges isn't pretty. Key themes I found are the following:

1. There is something wrong with him - Actually more than one thing it seems. A study indicated that 50% of presidents before 1974 suffered from some kind of mental illness so that's not the big thing. It's the number of things he has in combination that seems to be the concern.

2. He's a Narcissist - It turns out Narcissism seems to common among people who arise to such positions. A healthy amount of it is ok but the general consensus is that he's not a healthy type. The biggest issue that was described is that he surrounds himself with "yes men". The guy who wrote the Art of the Deal and spent the better part of a year with him said he never once heard someone disagree with him in that entire year. I think you want a president that listens to different perspectives and makes thoughtful decisions based on those perspectives. It seems he doesn't really do this.

3. He is a bully - I don't know how anyone could disagree with this. Any kind of criticism is met with sharp attacks in return and be damned with the truth. I've gotten used to it and some of the things are funny, but he's the president of the United States for God's sake. He's apparently made statements about using nuclear weapons - why do we have them if we can't use them, etc.

4. He is focused on NOW and gives little thought to the future - I hope it isn't true but several of these people say this is the case, one reason being that his actions are often destructive to himself. He reacts in the moment like a child in a schoolyard - beating his chest at the slightest provocation.

5. He is paranoid - There seems to be plenty of evidence of this. They compared him to Richard Nixon. At the least, he seems to have some kind of persecution complex.

6. He's a sociopath - At first, I had a hard time with this but the general consensus that he doesn't trust anyone and he doesn't really care about other people very much. I mean, look at this list. A number of these obviously apply.

Profile of the Sociopath
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning - They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
  • Grandiose Sense of Self - Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
  • Pathological Lying - Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
  • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt - A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
  • Shallow Emotions - When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
  • Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation - Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
  • Callousness/Lack of Empathy - Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
  • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature - Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
  • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency - Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
  • Irresponsibility/Unreliability - Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity - Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
  • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle - Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
  • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility -Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

6. He's suffering cognitive decline - He's the oldest president we have had so it isn't entirely surprising. It does seem clear that he is far less articulate than he was 15 years ago - using words like "huge", "tremendous", the incoherent rambling sentences, etc. His father suffered from Alzheimer's and that does seem to run in families.

7. He is delusional - It seems clear that one of two things is going on. Either he is a compulsive liar or he has his own distorted sense of reality. I am reminded of Elizabeth Holmes - the founder of Theranos.

Anyway, that's what I've taken out of it so far. There was some debate as to whether he is crazy like fox or just crazy. I likely vote for the latter.

It's easy to think of him as sort of entertaining character who is shaking things up and (in my case) implementing some policies that I agree with. The key point of it all is that it's dangerous to have a person like this with their hand on the nuclear trigger. How would he fare if circumstances like the Cuban Missle Crisis occurred - or when there was a false alarm that 2500 Soviet warheads were headed towards the US in Carter's administration. Is he the kind of guy you want in that position?

I'm curious to find out how people are judging these characteristics as 'good' or 'bad.' Questions such as:

• Why is sociopathy a good/bad thing?
  • Why is bullying a good/bad thing?
  • Why is narcissism a good/bad thing?
  • Why is paranoia a good/bad thing?
  • Why is delusion a good/bad thing?
  • Why is lying a good/bad thing?
  • Why is promiscuity a good/bad thing?
  • Why is manipulation a good/bad thing?
    etc.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If this is true, this might help to explain the power that Putin has over Trump. Don't forget that a narcissistic sociopath puts his personal safety/benefit first, above all others including above
One of the things I read said it is a form of projection these types of leaders have. He admires the qualities in himself in others. It is said that Hitler admired Ghengis Kahn.
On this being obvious, I think I realized a lot of these things superficially but didn't put together the implications and dangerousness of the situation. Though I was most certainly despondent, depressed and alarmed the week after he got elected, I tried to focus on the good side of things and got over it.

rav3n

One of the things I read said it is a form of projection these types of leaders have. He admires the qualities in himself in others. It is said that Hitler admired Ghengis Kahn.
On this being obvious, I think I realized a lot of these things superficially but didn't put together the implications and dangerousness of the situation. Though I was most certainly despondent, depressed and alarmed the week after he got elected, I tried to focus on the good side of things and got over it.
This is why the thousands of mental health practitioners have been banging the drum since prior to the 2016 General Election. A malignant narcissist shouldn't be the most powerful man in the world.

Today's insanity is that he's offered pardons to officials in his Administration, if they push through the building of the wall that the vast majority of Americans know is a waste of billions upon billions of tax payer dollars. Many billion have already been allocated to the project where there's been nothing of substance to show for it. The wall is a way for his cronies to drain tax monies from U.S. Treasury.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

What good side? I'm asking honestly. He's done nothing for the country. He's rewarded cooperations, the super wealthy and GOP donors. That's not the country last I checked.

Jaguar

What good side? I'm asking honestly. He's done nothing for the country. He's rewarded cooperations, the super wealthy and GOP donors. That's not the country last I checked.

According to Trump, we now have the cleanest air and water on the planet. Didn't you know?

Lark

I'm curious to find out how people are judging these characteristics as 'good' or 'bad.' Questions such as:

• Why is sociopathy a good/bad thing?
  • Why is bullying a good/bad thing?
  • Why is narcissism a good/bad thing?
  • Why is paranoia a good/bad thing?
  • Why is delusion a good/bad thing?
  • Why is lying a good/bad thing?
  • Why is promiscuity a good/bad thing?
  • Why is manipulation a good/bad thing?
    etc.

If you could possibly judge any of these things positively then you've got a problem much greater than the relativism/subjectivism that I suspect could be lurking in any post of this kind.

Lark

His tax cuts have their fans among a lot of the people who listen to how they are reported in the right wing press.

Lark

I think that his election has permitted the deep state in the US to try and manage or handle the domestic threat of radicalization which they have seriously, seriously under estimated. Like I can imagine scenarios in which incidents actually worse than those which have played out already with spree killers could have happened otherwise. I do think that the movie Bushwick, I think its called, is likely to turn out prophetic some day.

At least, so far as silver linings go, its about the best I can discern or guess at.

I also do believe its indicative of a sort of bad culture within politics, especially career politicians, who adopt an "office at any cost" style of thinking, its got its left wing equivalent in the shape of Blair/Clinton/Obama too. If there are still conviction politics conservatives in the world, I imagine there has got to be someplace, they could accept that there is inevitably from time to time "wilderness years" while people either rediscover the value of their thinking, or at least the more radical of their oppositions ideas prove a disappointment.

The other possible silver lining is that the US' opponents worldwide had become used to the US being "lawful good", for want of a better analogy, and predictable with it, Trump is, at the very least seeking to consistently telegraph, a "chaotic neutral", type of administration, and become unpredictable. Again this is likely to be the deep state deciding they have a particular result from the popularity contest that is limited, electoral, democracy these days and deciding how to make the best of it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you could possibly judge any of these things positively then you've got a problem much greater than the relativism/subjectivism that I suspect could be lurking in any post of this kind.

In context, many things like this are essential for survival. For example, CEO positions is full of sociopaths and psychopaths. Because the ruthlessness allows them to make difficult desicions easier for the good of lets say, the nation.

Bullying is the same. You have to "bully" nations, to get what you want. Its a very complex game of negotiations, public image influence, and respect.

Narcissism is Trump's projected character. He does many things outside of camera view, that completely disproves this.

Paranoia? Like what? I've not seen an example of actual paranoia in Trump, only caution. Which is more than I can say for the delusional EU who has zero sense of caution. Both delusions and paranoia are easy to project, based on uncertainty for everyone who has a disagreement.

Lying is also essential in politics, so you don't play with an open hand. Once again, mind games. Everyone does it. This very thread is the product of political mind games, and thought influence.

Promiscuity? His body, his choice. If everyone else can say being promiscuous is fine, why can't Trump be that way too? Double standard.

Manipulation, same as above. Its essential in politics.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that his election has permitted the deep state in the US to try and manage or handle the domestic threat of radicalization which they have seriously, seriously under estimated. Like I can imagine scenarios in which incidents actually worse than those which have played out already with spree killers could have happened otherwise. I do think that the movie Bushwick, I think its called, is likely to turn out prophetic some day.

At least, so far as silver linings go, its about the best I can discern or guess at.

I also do believe its indicative of a sort of bad culture within politics, especially career politicians, who adopt an "office at any cost" style of thinking, its got its left wing equivalent in the shape of Blair/Clinton/Obama too. If there are still conviction politics conservatives in the world, I imagine there has got to be someplace, they could accept that there is inevitably from time to time "wilderness years" while people either rediscover the value of their thinking, or at least the more radical of their oppositions ideas prove a disappointment.

The other possible silver lining is that the US' opponents worldwide had become used to the US being "lawful good", for want of a better analogy, and predictable with it, Trump is, at the very least seeking to consistently telegraph, a "chaotic neutral", type of administration, and become unpredictable. Again this is likely to be the deep state deciding they have a particular result from the popularity contest that is limited, electoral, democracy these days and deciding how to make the best of it.

We are in the domain of conspiracy theories but I had some similar ideas, but in my book they realized that foreign policy, economy/debt issues etc. will take some serious hits and therefore they decided to push for a "clown" which they will in the end blame for every crap over the last 40 years. It is silly idea but it is interesting to think about.

The whole Trump thing wouldn't even be that bad in the case there isn't international factor at play and in this sphere things are generally irreversible. However he is playing with world order and environment, what will have a serious consequences for the US. Therefore I doubt he is the puppet for some deep insiders. He pulled out of endless international organizations and plans and left them to China (or EU). He started trade tensions with everyone and now with some inertia of the system is being overwhelmed so recession is coming. He went after ACA that keeps many of his own people or even voters alive. More than once he mentioned nuking various things, plus the "Regan's jewel" the deal with the Russian on long range projectiles want down on his watch (and without much debate). His budget is something like a trillion in minus from what I have seen. Etc.

If this is the internal American conspiracy it is probably the dumbest one since all of this is exactly what you should do if you want to crash USA. I am more likely to say that underfunding of education system with decades of "reality TV" and greed have created the soil on which Trump can become relevant political factor. He is indeed just a symptom of real problems.

Lark

If this is the internal American conspiracy it is probably the dumbest one since all of this is exactly what you should do if you want to crash USA. I am more likely to say that underfunding of education system with decades of "reality TV" and greed have created the soil on which Trump can become relevant political factor. He is indeed just a symptom of real problems.

Yeah, sure, although what I was talking about was the deep or institutional state, the politicians who hold the office of president (much like PM in the UK) are like a sort of "changing of the guard at the palace" or a new "mascot".

I'm sure that the institutional state tries to stabilize and go for predictable outcomes, its a big part of the tailoring of parties and politicians they've been involved in from the beginning of time, but when when they get a surprise, like Trump, they'll seek to turn it to their advantage in a short time.

So, I guess what I mean to say, is that rather than conspiracy this just looks like more business as usual.

That said, some of Trump's Passion Projects, like the great wall on the southern boarder, he does have an obsession with, a real fixation of a narcissistic kind, like he wants to leave his mark with someone on the scale of the Hoover Dam or Lincoln Memorial. This is part of what I think caused him to get into politics in the first place. It has changed him I think, remarkably, like if you watch old material, even when he appears in cameo in movies or TV, like the second Home Alone movie in New York, he's almost a different person entirely.

Conversely, I could ask what the basis is of judging these attributes negatively.