User Tag List

First 917181920212969 Last

Trump made a gaff a few days ago claiming that Hurricane Dorian would negatively impact on Alabama. Instead of admitting to his gaff, he doubled down and attempted to negate meteorologists' predictions. And now, he's showing a sharpie altered Hurricane Dorian map. I'm torn between laughing and cringing. This man isn't right in the head.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...eaa_video.html
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Okay, time to get this thread back on track

You guys do know that for something to be considered mental illness, or a disorder. It has to negatively affect a person's life and give them mental distress. Far as I have seen, people just get mad at Trump, while he laughs at them.

Also, there is a huge difference between having narcissistic traits, and narcassistic personality disorder. Which has by the way, been almost removed from the DSM iirc.
    Last edited by Sung Jin-Woo; 09-05-2019 at 09:58 AM.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Now that's comedy.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Okay, time to get this thread back on track

You guys do know that for something to be considered mental illness, or a disorder. It has to negatively affect a person's life and give them mental distress. Far as I have seen, people just get mad at Trump, while he laughs at them.
    The fellow in the asylum who firmly believes he is Christopher Columbus is probably in no mental distress, especially if everyone around him caters to his delusions. Few people would question that he is mentally ill, though, unless they have some agenda to be served by the pretense.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes The Cat, Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

No sane man can be happy, for to him life is real, and he sees what a fearful thing it is. Only the mad can be happy, and not many of those. The few that imagine themselves kings or gods are happy, the rest are no happier than the sane.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The fellow in the asylum who firmly believes he is Christopher Columbus is probably in no mental distress, especially if everyone around him caters to his delusions. Few people would question that he is mentally ill, though, unless they have some agenda to be served by the pretense.
    The line between genius and madness is pretty thin.

In all seriousness, a YUGE majority of people on the TV have an almost required amount of Narcissistic traits. Its common in celebrities, marketing, etc. This doesn't mean its a mental disorder in every case. Otherwise, everyone is bonkers that is a celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    No sane man can be happy, for to him life is real, and he sees what a fearful thing it is. Only the mad can be happy, and not many of those. The few that imagine themselves kings or gods are happy, the rest are no happier than the sane.
    We're all mad here apparently.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    The line between genius and madness is pretty thin.

In all seriousness, a YUGE majority of people on the TV have an almost required amount of Narcissistic traits. Its common in celebrities, marketing, etc. This doesn't mean its a mental disorder in every case. Otherwise, everyone is bonkers that is a celebrity.

We're all mad here apparently.
    If only you meant it.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis
    There does seem to be an odd dissonance among those who advocate for "smaller government" advocating the continuance of a government bureau such as ICE.
    National defense is a legitimate role for government; it's spelled out in the Constitution. Medicare, Social Security, etc. are not spelled out in the Constitution.
    Bah humbug to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    National defense is a legitimate role for government; it's spelled out in the Constitution. Medicare, Social Security, etc. are not spelled out in the Constitution.
    Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Yuu, ceecee liked this post

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Burn.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell